VIII

Waltz for the Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

“Sometimes I think you’re replacing my bandages too often just so you can see my abs.” Seulgi looks at Joohyun’s careful skill as a doctor. She’s thankful her girlfriend is a doctor.

“One reason, yes. But this really needs to be replaced often.” Joohyun finishes up fixing the bandage. “We’ll get you home tomorrow. You’re being discharged.” She sits on Seulgi’s bedside.

“Finally! I can eat real food.” Seulgi says in triumphant victory. “No more vegetables.” She shouts in a more enthused manner irritating Joohyun.

“Do you want me to cut you up again so you can be stuck eating vegetables in the hospital for the rest of your life?” Joohyun jokes as she fake-pokes Seulgi’s wound.

“But really, thank you. It has been three days since my minor surgery, and you took care of me good. Even my sister who is a doctor would always come here just to nag me.” Seulgi kisses Joohyun on the lips when there’s a sudden knock on the door.

Joohyun pulls from the kiss with a grumble. “Who’s disturbing our make out session this time?” She goes for the door and unlocks it. “Oh! You’re the one who got your bag stolen, right?”

“Is Kang Seulgi-sshi awake?” The lady asks.

“Yeah, she’s been asking me about you.” Joohyun ushers the lady inside. “Seul, she’s the lady you retrieved the bag for.”

“Hi! Did you get your bag alright?” Seulgi flashes a big smile. It’s not like she gets to help some citizen in broad daylight.

“These are for you”, the lady gives the basket of fruits to Seulgi. “I want to thank you for chasing my bag and sorry for getting you into trouble.”

“Well, Seul here feels like she’s Superman ever since that incident.” Joohyun chimes in and takes the basket, arranging it at the countertop.

“It’s no problem. I might have a scar to live with but I sure can do that for a pretty lady like you.” Seulgi tells the lady.

“Seul, aren’t you flirting too obvious when your girlfriend is around?” Joohyun says playfully. She knows Seulgi is just telling the truth.

“Oh, right. You should rest.” The lady says in a very shy tone. “Thank you, Doctor Bae. I should get going now.” She goes for the door not further interrupting them.

When the lady disappeared, Joohyun locked the door again. “I’m seriously going to cut you up!” She tells Seulgi in an angry voice. “How dare you flirt with another girl in front of me when we were ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter