I

Waltz for the Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Kang Seulgi was running breathlessly through the streets of this familiar place. She was already late and her guitar case is getting heavier every step she goes. She turns at a nearby park to take a shortcut. The subway’s entrance is just across the road after passing this one. She fumbles for her phone in her free hand, and focuses on dialing the correct number when she bumps into a lady.

“My ice cream!” The lady shouts in desperation.

Seulgi realizes the commotion she’s caused. The lady is holding an empty ice cream cone. Even worse, she stepped on the ice cream that was supposed to be there. She stammers in panic as she apologizes to the lady. “I’m really sorry. Can I just get you another one?” She looks at the lady looking at the ruined ice cream. She is beautiful in a white coat. Her skin is white as snow and her hair is dark as raven.

“Never mind, the store is in the other side of the park. You look like you’re late for something.” The lady simply smiles at her and finds a garbage can by the side and drops the empty cone.

“It’s okay, that ice cream shop is in my way so I’m sure I can get you another one.” Seulgi says casually. She completely forgets to call that number she was going to call. She couldn’t care any less about her appointment when she bumps into someone this pretty. She wouldn’t miss this moment for the world.

“Oh, really? Then get me two!” The lady replies in anticipation of smiles.

The running steps she had before disappeared. This lady Seulgi is with, walking beside her was walking elegantly. She catches a glimpse of the pin from the lady’s coat. It says, Bae Joohyun, cardiothoracic surgeon.

The lady leads them both to the ice cream shop. She even holds the door for Seulgi. “I’m taking mango and strawberry. What about you?”

“Are you talking to me?” Seulgi says as her cheeks flush a little red.

“What’s your name?” The lady asks with a perfect smile on her face.

“Kang Seulgi.”

“Okay, Kang Seulgi-sshi, what flavor would you want?” The lady asks politely.

“Uh, rocky road?” Seulgi was more like asking than stating what she’d order. She reaches for her pocket for her wallet and hands over her card to the cashier.

“Do you have cash? Our credit card machine is currently offline at the moment.” The guy from the counter says.

Seulgi was having the worst day. She’s invited this pretty la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter