II

Waltz for the Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

The sun is shining bright. There’s no doubt in that. They turn in a couple of alleys. And Joohyun was having second thoughts why she agreed on a stranger’s invitation. She didn’t know where she was. This neighborhood is not familiar to her in any way at all. They arrived in front of a tall building that seems fancy enough. She wonders why the guards were greeting Seulgi as if they knew her too well.

“I’m here with my friend. I don’t have to log our names, right?” Seulgi says and gives her guitar to the guard. And the guard gives her the go signal.

“Where are we? Aren’t we trespassing?” Joohyun asks Seulgi nervously.

When they go inside the elevator, Seulgi presses the button for the top floor. Joohyun sees that they were riding a vip elevator. As all the other elevators were packed when they were waiting in the lobby.

“No. I own this building.” Seulgi says chuckling a bit.

“What? I thought you’re a busker!” Joohyun exclaims.

“I am. I just happen to own this building too.” Seulgi says when the elevator door stops.

They’re at the building’s rooftop. Seulgi was running excitedly as the sunlight glistens her face’s glow. Joohyun is enjoying the view. Though the rooftop provided a view of the city’s skyline, she cannot help but enjoy Seulgi’s carefree actions.

“I wanted to show you this! Though the view might be better at night time, we can still enjoy it this time of the day.” Seulgi says while viewing from the edge.

Joohyun is walking towards Seulgi. Following the stranger’s forward gaze. “You could’ve just asked me out for dinner later. And then we can see this view at night.” She decides that this stranger will not harm her in any way. In fact, she is certain her attraction to this person is superb and she just acknowledges it sooner.

“I never thought you’d agree if I asked.” Seulgi asks looking at Joohyun.

“You still haven’t asked yet. You’ll only regret the things you didn’t do and not the things you’ve done.” Joohyun says.

Seulgi was taken aback by the surgeon’s words. But then Seulgi resolves that she is right. She takes out her phone and gives it to Joohyun. “Type a landmark near your place. I’ll pick you up by seven. Wear something casual. I don’t think wearing your white coat is good idea.”

“You could just have asked for my number.” Joohyun says while typing.

“I don’t mean to creep you out showing up at your door. We literally met on the streets. Aren’t you scared I’m a murderer or something?” Seulgi says in her argument.

“No, you look harmless and all. I kinda like you.” Joohyun says straightforwardly as she was giving back the phone to Seulgi.

“You liked me this fast? We haven’t even been together for an hour yet.” Seulgi teases.

“I said, I kinda. Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter