Turbulent Break

Drawings From The Heart

 

~*Junhyung’s POV*~

Today Chae Young and I met early to start planning our choreography. We are getting along really well. She’s all that I imagined and even more. We were laughing and chatting happily when Doojoon nudged me. I looked at him confused and he motioned to the door. Hyunseung entered the practice room with a grin from ear to ear. We looked at each other and back to him. He was singing to himself while looking at nowhere, daydreaming. I excused myself to Chae Young and we approached him.

-Yah, Seungie! What happened? You saw a green bird?

-No~ A-

He stopped mid sentence and turned to us surprised.

-Oh, it’s you two.

-What do you mean by “it’s you two”? You are still angry with Junhyung?

Doojoon pointed his thumb to me while Hyunseung turned to face me emotionless. Suddenly he frowned but quickly shook his head, like wanting to send away a thought in his mind.

-Nope. Actually, I have to thank you.

-Thank me?

-Why? You get along with Hyo Jin-ah? What happened?

-Hell no! I want distance of that… Girl.

-So…

-None of your business.

-Seungie~~

Doojoon started to whine but the teacher entered the room and we had to return to our places. The class went on smoothly. Doojoon and I took some glances at Hyunseung and he was still smiling to himself, but never once looked at Hyo Jin. What is happening?

The break came and I invited Chae Young to eat with us, so we could continue to discuss our project. She was hesitantly at first because of her friend, Hyo Rin I suppose. She accepted after I told her to bring her friend as well. I told her the place to meet with us and we went first to catch up with Yoseob. He’s a year younger than us, but is doing major in dance too. Kikwang is in another college, trying to get transferred and Dongwoon is still in high school. We were chatting happily when the two girls approached us. Hyo Rin was holding what I suppose is a drawing book.

-Hi guys! This is my friend, Hyo Rin. She’s in drawing department.

-Ni-Nice to meet you…

She stuttered and bowed politely to us. I could see she was blushing hard. Aigoo… How shy this girl can be? I smiled and gave her a small wave.

-Hyo Rin-ah! We meet again~

-You know each other?

-Oh, I send her home yesterday since she was with her books and didn’t have an umbrella…

-Hey! Let us introduce ourselves! Hi Hyo Rin-ah~ I’m the eldest and more responsible of them, Doojoon. I’m almost their father.

Doojoon introduced himself proudly and immediately me and Yoseob exchanged glances, laughing out loud.

-You? Most responsible? You are kidding me!

-You are more for “most ert”!

Doojoon sent deathly glares to us but we ignored it.

-Well… You two don’t know me. I’m Yoseob and I’m a year younger than them. And I’m cuute~~

He did some aegyo that made the girls chuckle. Damn you, Yoseob! Always gaining the girls’ hearts!

-Oh, so you two are the same age!

-Really? Hyo Rin-ah, let’s be friends, right?

He smiled widely and grabbed her hands. She blushed even more but nodded at him. He jumped happily but Hyunseung stopped him.

-Yah Yoseob! Get your hands out of her! It’s impolite.

She tilted her head and looked at him confused.

-I don’t think you’re the best person to say it…

Everyone was surprised by her behavior, even Chae Young.

-Yah, Hyo Rin! What got into you? How you can say this kind of things to someone you just met?

-But I didn’t meet him just now. And it’s truth… He did wor-

Hyunseung quickly jumped on her, covering with his hands.

-Oookay~ We are wasting time, right? We need to eat, let’s go.

He dragged her along with him still covering and leaving all of us behind, dumbfounded. Doojoon scratched his head and started to think out loud.

-What is wrong with him today? First, he was smiling like an idiot. Now, he jumps and drags a girl he didn’t even know.

-But Hyo Rin is strange too. Why she talked with him like that? She’s always so quiet and polite. Even with me she took a long time to get along.

-I don’t know, but I am hungry… HYO RIN-AH!! WAIT FOR ME~~

-Yah! Yang Yoseob! Don’t leave me behind!

They ran to the other two and soon disappeared from our sights, leaving Chae Young and me behind. I shook my head and she only giggled.

-Are you hungry? I can go pick something for you.

-No, I’m okay. Thanks. We should go after them? I’m a little worried…

-I don’t think so… They seem to have gotten along very well.

 

~*Hyunseung’s POV*~

I finally managed to foil the guys through the crowded cafeteria and walked with Hyo Rin through the other door, to the college’s yard. She sat in a bench, panting, and I plopped beside her with a relieved sigh.

-What… Was all… Of this?

-Sorry Hyo Rin-ah… I just don’t want-

-You just don’t want them to know that you know me, right? It’s okay. I’m not going to tell anyone. You can just… Pretend that you don’t know me from now on.

She gave me a really sad smile and was getting up when I grabbed her wrist and made her sat down again. She looked at me surprised and I grabbed her other hand in mine, holding them firmly.

-You can stop trying to read me and actually listen to me?

Her eyes were widened and I could see clearly that her body was tense. Is it because I’m holding her hands? Oh, she’s so cute! Okay, no time to spazz mentally!

-It’s not the fact that I know you that I don’t want them to know. It’s just… My behavior with you…

I looked away, avoiding eye contact. Damn it, I’m blushing! Why I have to show her this side of me? Wait… No! Why she makes me act and feel like this? I turned to her again, catching every single one of her beautiful features with my eyes. I think I have fallen for you, Hyo Rin-ah…

I must have been away, lost in my thoughts, for a few good minutes. She tilted her head cutely to the side and looked curious at me.

-Why, Hyunseung-ah?

Gosh, my heart! You are trying to kill me by stopping it? How you can speak my name this way? This is cowardice!

-I-It’s… B-Because…

-Oppa!

We jumped slightly at the sudden high pitched voice. She was standing in front of us, with her hands in her waist and tapping her foot. I just raised an eyebrow to her.

-What?

-What? Is this the only thing you have to say to me? Who’s this girl? Why are you holding her hands? She’s seducing you?

Hyo Rin quickly pulled her hands away, rubbing them awkwardly. A frustrated sigh escaped my lips as I closed my eyes to keep myself calm.

-What it have to do with you? It’s none of your business, Hyo Jin.

Hyo Rin looked at me with a questioning expression and I know what she’s mentally asking. I just gave a small nod to her. Hyo Jin rolled her eyes and pulled me up by my arm, embracing it right after.

-You are flirting with her right in front of me? Oppa, you’re so mean! She’s not your girlfriend for you to do this kind of things!

-And what if I am?

Hyo Rin got up and embraced gently my other arm. I turned to her with wide eyes, but her gaze never left Hyo Jin’s.

-You can please let him go and leave? You are disturbing us. Right, Seungie oppa?

She gave an eye smile and I couldn’t stop myself from smiling as well. I yanked my arm away from Hyo Jin, picking one of Hyo Rin’s delicate hands and placing my lips softly on its back and then nodded at her. Hyo Jin groaned in frustration and yelled at us before leaving.

-I’m not giving up! Hyunseung oppa is going to be mine!

We looked at each other and burst in laugher, sitting back in the bench. We suddenly realized that we were still holding in each other. We pulled away and I cleared my throat awkwardly while she put some strands of her hair behind her ear.

-Hyo Rin-ah… Thanks…

-That was the girl you don’t like, right?

-Yes… Now you know what I suffer…

She chuckled but stopped abruptly, turning to me with wide eyes.

-Omo! I was mean with her! I never talked with someone like this before! This is not me! Why I did this?

-What you want to mean with “this is not you”?

-I already told you… I’m invisible. I’m quiet and shy. I hardly talk to someone. But why I’m the opposite me when I’m with you?

She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward. Instinctively I backed away a little, blinking and gulping.

-What are you? A wizard?

-What?

-You threw a spell on me, didn’t you?

My mouth was wide open as I was speechless. Her imagination… Is really a big thing. Suddenly she started to laugh hard.

-You… You should have seen your face just now!

-Yah! This is not fun!

I pouted and crossed my arms in front of my chest. She wiped the tears from her eyes as her laugh decreased.

-Okay… I’m sorry. But what I said it’s truth. I wonder why I’m like this around you…

I looked with the corner of my eyes to her. I wanted to believe that she’s like this with me because she feels the same way, but I know that’s not like this. She likes Junhyung, right? I’m pretty sure the guy in her drawings is him. And knowing he took her home yesterday, make the things even more obvious. My heart aches but I can’t let her know it. I have to be stronger for her to rely in me. He likes Chae Young and I’m pretty sure she likes him too. The two will end up together and I’ll be by her side, to hold her and be her support. To make her look at me and accept my feelings. I’m not going to give up on you, Hyo Rin-ah!

 

============

Sorry... College is taking all my time... TT_TT

 

For the ones who read "I'll Make You Regret", I already wrote the next chapter!!

I just have to revise it. But I'm going to do it only later...

It's already 4:30AM here >.<

 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!! *O*

Bye-yeom~~