Trap

Drawings From The Heart

 

~*Hyunseung’s POV*~

With the earphones plugged in my ears, I sat in a corner of the room and tried to disconnect for a few minutes from the world, from Hyo Rin, but it didn’t happen at all. The more I switched the songs, another one more suitable with the situation and my feelings appeared. I gave up and threw the Ipod in my bag, sighing and rubbing my temples.

-Hey, something wrong?

Junhyung sat beside me but I didn’t bother to look at him. I really don’t want to see his face now.

-Just a headache.

-Really? It don’t seems like-

-Junhyung!

A guy of our class cut him off and I mentally thanked him. Well, until the next second. When Junhyung got into his feet, the guy’s words took away my breath.

-There’s a girl looking for you.

-A girl? Who can be- Ah! Hyo Rin-ah!

My heart stopped when he exclaimed her name so content and ran to her. Why he speaks it so gladly? Why he runs to her so fast? Did he really want so bad that she comes to watch him? And… Did she really come? Just… For him?

 

~*Hyo Rin's POV*~

Aigoo, I’m lost! Our campus is really big and I admit that I’ve never came so further in the music department. I lost the count of on how many classes’ doors I’ve knocked. If I could, I would bury my head in the ground due to embarrassment. Maybe it’s a sign from heavens that I shouldn’t watch them performing. Well, if I get wrong one more time, I’ll give up.

Gathering all of my remaining courage and adjusting my glasses, I’ve knocked in the first door that appeared in front of me. A guy in blue shirt and black sweater pants opened the door and smiled gently at me.

-Yes?

-Excuse me. Is Yong Junhyung in this class?

-Oh, Junhyung? Yes, he is. I’ll call him for you.

-Ah, thank you!

I bowed slightly as a relieved sigh escaped from my lips the moment the guy went look for him. I’ve found the class! I mentally sang happily until something crossed my mind. It means… That Hyunseung is in there too. My heart skipped a beat with the thought of him, but soon my trance was broken when I heard my name.

-Hyo Rin-ah!

When I looked up, I was greeted by Junhyung’s striking smile and his gentle pat in my head. I couldn’t help but return his smile while my cheeks flushed with a shade of pink. He has this thing that makes me feel warm whenever I’m with him, even if I do feel nervous and all.

-You really came! I’m so glad!

Before I could reply him, someone faked a cough behind me. I turned to look at the person and a young man stood there. I thought that he was a student at first but Junhyung’s actions made me realize that I was wrong. He grabbed my wrist and brought me by his side, facing the young man.

-Mr. Baek! This is my friend, Hyo Rin. It’s alright if she stays to watch the performances, right?

My eyes widened as I quickly turned to look at him. He’s not serious, right? He’s not doing it only now!

-Watch the performances? I don’t know, Junhyung…

-Think this way; you’ll have someone to give you opinions and to discuss with about the performances.

Mr. Baek pondered a little. I was so nervous all the thinking time that I felt like a thousand kilos was taken from my shoulders when he finally nodded.

-Okay, sounds good. I indeed need someone impartial and with the audience view to give notes to you all.

He smiled and patted my shoulder slightly.

-Let’s work hard today, Hyo Rin-ah!

I returned the smile and nodded to him. He went to take control of the class and make the last preparations for the presentations to start and I looked with the corner of my eyes to Junhyung, who has a satisfied smile plastered on his lips.

-You didn’t talk to him beforehand, did you?

-No, but he liked the idea, didn’t he?

-You know that it’s really luck, right? He almost opposed with the idea and-

-You were nervous, didn’t you?

I didn’t respond. I don’t need to respond. He just chuckled and ruffled my hair playfully.

-You’re cute when you’re angry and pouting, Hyo Rin-ah.

I blinked confusedly at him. Am I… Pouting?

 

~*Hyunseung’s POV*~

Her cuteness really overflows when she pouts. But I’m not amazed by it right now; because this pout isn’t for me! Gosh, Hyunseung! What are you even thinking? You’re supposed to be happy for her. She’s getting along with Junhyung really well even without your help and- Screw it! I’m not pleased at all! I’m really mad! Junhyung, back off and stay thousand miles away from her!

I was sighing and ruffling my hair furiously when Mr. Baek went on the small stage in the front to make the announcement.

-Okay class. Enough of fuss, right? Let’s begin with the presentations in five minutes. Get ready!

Thanks, I want to do it and get out of here before I lose control! And the answer of my previous question is really obvious… She came just for him! She didn’t take a glance in the class. I bet she did even remember that I’m here too!

Mr. Baek said something to her and she smiled and went with him to sit in front of the stage. Is she going to be a judge too? Great! Just great! This is really all that I needed!

 

~*Author’s POV*~

Chae Young was late and came just in time Mr. Baek was making his speech. She went happily to Junhyung when she finally noticed another presence there. She grinned and jumped on his friend’s neck, saying how glad she was that Hyo Rin came to see her dancing. Hyo Rin smiled and politely said that Junhyung was the one who invited her, making Chae Young thank him for it. He smiled to himself as his plan was a success.

Mr. Baek came to them and asked Hyo Rin to go sit with him for the presentations to start. She agreed and accompanied him. But something was still in her mind. Is not that Hyo Rin didn’t want to look for Hyunseung, she was just afraid; afraid that he was going to avoid her again and make an excuse to run away from her. He didn’t come to her too, so it means that he don’t want to talk to her at all. She just sat there and anticipated for the moment that he was going to be there, in front of her.

Hyunseung watched her from aside, totally focused on her: mind in blank, surrounding sounds didn’t exist, even people passing in front of his eyes didn’t make him blink. The girl beside him saw him and it definitely doesn’t pleased her at all.

-We’re really going to do only that Oppa?

-I thought that you wouldn’t present, Hyo Jin.

-I need note too, do you know?

-Yeah, sure.

The fact that he didn’t look at her annoyed her even more. She doesn’t understand what an ordinary girl has that she don’t. Why Hyunseung can’t look at her the same way?

Suddenly Hyunseung’s eyes widened. How he’s supposed to dance that song in front of her? The song that almost describe him now?

After some duos, Hyo Rin was enjoying the presentations and the comments of Mr. Baek. He’s really a funny and friendly man. The dances were great and the two were having problems deciding who the best duo of the day was. But how nothing can be all flowers, one of the moments she didn’t want to come so soon, has arrived.

 

~*Hyo Rin's POV*~

Finally was the moment to Junhyung and Chae Young to get on the stage. I was already feeling nervous. They prepared the song If I Have A Lover by G.NA and Bi Rain. The two were synchronized and harmonized. They’re movements were soothingly and just combined perfectly with the song. The almost kiss, the piggy ride on his back, the couple rings they had prepared. Everything was beautiful; mainly the smiles on they’re faces.

I can’t deny that was one of the best performances I’ve already watched, how I can’t deny that my heart is hurting. The way the two danced and sang along with the song, just made clear that one really meant the song for the other. I know that they’re perfect together… Who am I to be opposed to it or even try to be between them?

My train of thoughts was finally cut when Mr. Baek announced the last duo.

-Jang Hyunseung and Lee Hyo Jin. It’s your turn.

My heart stopped as my eyes wandered on the stage, searching for the place he would appear. There he was, with a simple black sleeveless shirt and gray sweat pants. I have to admit that he looks y with this shirt; I’ve never paid attention to it before. He seemed concentrated… Or trying to be, because I’m sure that what he doesn’t want is to look at me.

I was pouting and narrowing my eyes at him when I finally realized the girl beside him. She’s looking so annoyed to me… What I did to her? Wait. I’ve seen her before… Oh, she’s the girl that came talk to him the last time. Well, I can understand the cold glare now.

The song started and that was when I saw that he was looking straightly at me. I know this song, is Trap by No Min Woo. I don’t know why, but his stare made me feel nervous, my heartbeat to race and my body to sweat coldly. Why do you have this effect on me, Hyunseung-ah?

His movements were flawless, tender yet strong at the same time. His eyes never once left mine. When the refrain came he started to lipsync perfectly with the song, which made me pay attention to its lyric.

 

“Don’t leave me, I can’t let you go

Because of mixed fate, I lost your hand

I call your name in sadness everyday

 

Don’t leave me, I’m here

I go back to the day I met you several thousand times

Draw the day when I embrace you”

 

I couldn’t even blink. His stare was like a magical spell that I couldn’t get out. All my surroundings just disappeared and all that exist is the two of us. Suddenly his eyes became even more serious.

 

“Like fate, I met you again on this day

The words I could not say and was clogged like dust”

 

My heart started to ache. Is his acting so good that made me all emotional? But the sincerity in his eyes is so strange, like he’s really singing this song… For me.

As the song was coming to its end, the performance was undeniable the best. Hyunseung-ah really made an excellent job. I was about the lift my hands and start to clap to them when the last movement of the song was the most closely “almost kiss” I’ve already saw. My heart clenched strangely and I couldn’t bear that.

-Sorry Mr. Baek. I just remembered that I have something to do and is getting late. Can I go first?

-Oh, really Hyo Rin-ah? It’s okay then. Thank you for being with me and helping with the judgment and notes.

-I’m the one who have to thank you. Goodbye.

I didn’t look at nothing anymore; just took my things and left the room.

 

~*Hyunseung’s POV*~

Really, what’s on Hyo Jin’s head? If I wasn’t fast enough, she would have kissed me fully on the lips instead of under them. I was still shocked and trying to digest what had happening with Hyo Jin and her sly smile in front of me and the loud cheering of the class when the corner of my eyes caught a figure running out of room. I don’t need to take a second look to know who.

Taking the fuss as advantage, I pushed Hyo Jin off of me and ran after her. She had already disappeared of the corridor. Hyo Rin-ah… How am I supposed to find you now? I sighed and closed my eyes; I’m just going to wander around the campus, luckily I’ll find her.

And this is what I did; just let my feet lead my way without my brain coming in the way. When I saw, I was on the campus field. A big oak tree took my attention as it is just above where the boys and I hang out in break time. How I never noticed it?

As I approached the tree I saw a girl sitting all curled under it. She was hugging her knees with her head between them and her black curled hair hiding her face. A relieved sigh escaped my lips as I sat beside her. We stayed a good minutes like that until I heard sniffles coming from her. Without thinking twice I pulled her to my chest, her hair gently.

-You’re okay?

-What do you think?

Yes, a stupid question. She’s crying and this is what you ask, Hyunseung. Really smart.

-I thought… You didn’t want any touch between you and Hyo Jin…

-And I don’t want… She jumped on me out of nowhere.

She looked up at me, narrowing her now red eyes.

-You’re not lying, right?

-Why I would lie to you about it? You know how I dislike that girl.

She pouted and leaned on my chest again. I had to make a big effort to only smile and not let any sound to escape my lips.

-Why you were avoiding me?

What to do? I’m not prepared to answer it! Especially because I just sang my heart to her. Isn’t she supposed to understand that the song was for her?

-I wasn’t voiding you…

-Do you really think I’m going to believe this?

-I’m sorry. I just wanted to concentrate in the project. I’m not going to do this anymore. I promise.

She just stayed silent. She’s not believing, right? I’m sorry Hyo Rin-ah, but I can’t tell you the truth.

-The performance was great. I think you’re going to be the first place.

-Really? I’m glad that you liked it.

-Hyunseung-ssi… Sorry for getting you out and bother you with my cries. Is just that Junhyung and Chae Young’s performance was a little much for me.

I didn’t say anything. I’m not in conditions of it now. I’m not sure if she didn’t understand or if she just rejected me. I just know that… It hurts. It hurts being trapped in a one-sided love.

 

~*Hyo Rin's POV*~

How am I supposed to say to him that my tears and sore heart is not because of Junhyung and yes because of him? Even I can’t understand… What’s going on?

 

 

=========================

So, how's the double update? Hope you enjoy it ^^

I was with some personal problems and a huge writer's block, I'm sorry... TT.TT

 

I really hope you'll like the new chapters!!

See you soon~~