Unexpected Meetings

Drawings From The Heart

 

~*Hyo Rin’s POV*~

-Hyo Rin! What are you doing here again?

Chae Young came running cheerfully towards me. I quickly put my drawing book in a random page before she could see what I was drawing.

-Hi Unnie.

-You are always hiding here… Why?

-I’m not hiding… I just like from here… Sit under this oak tree, the silent surroundings… It makes me feel calm.

And this is the best place to watch that guy. The place where he stays with his friends is close and I can see him really well. And I can draw him without anyone knowing.

-Really… You should socialize more.

-Why? The beautiful, talkative and cheering one is you. I’m just ordinary, shy and quiet. You can go socialize, I’ll just stay here.

-I already socialize a lot! Aigoo Hyo Rin-ah… You have to make more friends, you know?

-Why? I’m happy with you… Besides, I don’t know how even you bear with me…

-I don’t know too! So stubborn… Aigoo…

I know Chae Young since I was five. It’s being fifteen years already. She’s a year older than I and sees me like her young sister; or better say, like her baby sister. She takes care of me a lot since my parents went overseas. They went to work and left me with their best friends, Chae Young’s parents. I don’t see them since then.

When I was fifteen, I thought I already was being a burden to them, so I went to work and rented a little apartment to live. I went through hard times like, going to school without sleeping for days because of the jobs; but with that, I was able to buy a little but cozy house near the college two years ago. Of course I wasn’t able to do it alone and had to ask help to my parents, but they sent me some money. Well… At least they did something for me.

Chae Young was always complaining with me about my jobs, but never left my side. I’m really thankful for having her in my life.

-Yah! Kim Hyo Rin! What you are doing? Hurry up! The bell already rang!

-Eh?

As I came back from my thoughts, Chae Young was already far from me, running like crazy. Did I say that she never left my side? Well… I’m taking it back!

 

~*Junhyung’s POV*~

-I’m sorry! I’m late…

Chae Young entered the practice room panting and in a total mess while bowing politely to the teacher. She hurried to sit with her friends while adjusting her long brown hair with her delicate fingers. In these three months I know her, her bright smile never left her beautiful face.

-Junhyung… You should stop to stare at her, and confess already.

Doojoon leaned closer to me and whispered, with a big smirk in his face.

-Confess what? There’s nothing to confess!

-Oh, come on, Junhyung! Everybody knows that you have a crush on Chae Young since the first day you saw her!

-What everybody?

-Yong Junhyung and Yoon Doojoon. You two want to share the conversation with us?

-Sorry.

We said in unison and bowed to the teacher. He scoffed and continued with the lesson while Doojoon and I were blaming each other and Hyunseung only shook his head. I took a last glance in Chae Young and she was looking at me. She smiled sweetly and turned to her friends again. I swear my heart… Will explode!

The classes went by really quickly today and it was really boring. I bid goodbye to the guys and headed home. I just want to take a hot bath and a nap. Ah… I’m so sleepy… But something made me wake instantly.

Chae Young was a few meters ahead with a girl. They are going the same way as me! I can’t see the girl really well, but she seems nothing special. Black curled hair, black framed glasses. I can’t say anything about her body, since she’s wearing a loose sweater. But Chae Young… Ah, she’s incredible beautiful. Even with simple clothes, her beauty is amazing!

I think Doojoon is right… I should really confess to her before I go crazy!

But… Chae Young always go to the other way, why she’s coming by here today? Oh, They are entering in that house… Maybe is the other girl’s house. Wait… If they are close friends, I can be friends with this girl and eventually be closer with Chae Young! Why I didn’t thought in it before? Ookay! I should go home now and make a plan to talk with this girl!

 

~*Chae Young’s POV*~

-I don’t know why you need this book so urgently…

-I really want to read it!

-But why you can’t wait till tomorrow?

I’m comfortably sitting in Hyo Rin’s bed while she’s digging in these drawers. Seriously… I should only tell her instead of making her do unnecessary things. But… I don’t even know how to start!

-Ah! Found it! Here~

She handed me the book me and sat beside me in the bed.

-Now tell me.

-Tell what?

-You really want me to believe that you only wanted the book? You think I don’t know you? Hurry and blurt it out!

I bit my lower lip and looked down at my fingers while playing with them.

-I… I have a guy that I like…

-Omo! Really? Who?

-You don’t know him… He’s in my class… He caught me starring at him today… Do you think he knows?

She shrugged and got out of the bed, grabbing her things and walking in front of me again.

-I don’t know… I don’t know him or his expressions… Now hurry!

Hyo Rin grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the room.

-Yah! What’s the hurry for?

-Job!

I almost lost my balance when she pushed me through the door.

-Your job… You need some rest!

-Rest doesn’t fill my stomach. Now bye!

She ran and left me behind before I could say anything. She’s like my younger sister, I care for her! But she always runs away when the topic is her jobs. I offered to help her many times, but she refused all of them. What I’m going to do with her? Aigoo…

 

~*Hyo Rin’s POV*~

I ran as fast as I could to the cafe and luckily I made it in time. I quickly changed in my uniform and started to attend the clients.

I work in Chinseon Cafe for… I don’t know… Three years I think. It’s not the kind of job that pays much, but I like here. All workers are kindhearted and we always help each other with everything. We always have fun too. It’s a cozy cafe but after 5:00pm becomes really busy. Mister Jung, the owner, always let me use a table in the far corner to do my drawings in my free time.

-Yah, Hyo Rin-ah! You’re in love?

-W-What? W-Why are you saying this, Jeon Seok oppa?

Jeon Seok oppa is the manager here. He’s in his late thirties. He pretends to be the evil manager, always angry… But he’s always laughing at our backs after scolding us.

-You are spacing here instead of serving the clients! There’s a boy over there waiting…

-Yeees~ I’m gooing~

 

~*Hyunseung’s POV*~

I wonder why Doojoon is doing major in dance if the only thing he cares is soccer… Really… I don’t believe he made me go through all those sport’s stores. And he didn’t even pay a coffee for me! Aigoo… I feel a headache coming…

My patience started to decrease with the wait for the waitress. I was massaging my temples, trying to maintain calm when I heard a sweet voice beside me.

-I’m sorry for making you wait. What is your order?

The girl bowed politely at me before showing the most adorable eye smile I had ever seen. She wears black framed glasses but she’s still so cute with them. I was stunned.

-Sir? You’re okay?

-E-Eh? Oh, y-yes! Uhm… I… I want a cappuccino, please.

-A cappuccino coming! Just a minute, please~

She smiled at me and went to the counter to make my order. I sighed and leaned in my chair, putting a hand in my chest. My heart… Why it’s like this? I mean… She only smiled at me! And… It’s only her job…Doesn’t it? Why I’m disappointed?

-Here it is~ But… You’re really okay?

-Y-Yes! Why I wouldn’t?

-You… Are pouting…

She cutely lifted her right hand next to her face and pointed to her lips while imitating my expression. I chuckled at her and she smiled widely.

-Yes! This is much better!

-Thank you…

-Only if you promise me that always that you feel down, you will come here and tell me! I’ll promise I’ll do my best to cheer you!

I was surprised by her behavior but it made me feel warm inside. She held her pinky to me and I gladly took it with my pinky with a smile in my face.

-May I know-

-HYO RIN-AH! I NEED YOU HERE NOW!

-Oh, I have to go! Please, enjoy your coffee and don’t forget your promise, right?

She showed me her eye smile again and waved to me before running to the girl that had called her.

-… your name…

So… Hyo Rin, uhm… 

 

~*Hyo Rin’s POV*~

-That boy that left right now. I saw from afar you two talking… Do you know him?

-Eh? What are you talking about, Jeon Seok oppa? I never saw him before…

-Sooo… You learned how to flirt?

-What?

-You never talked long with the clients or smiled widely to them. And you even held your pinky to him!

Oh, it’s true! Why I did that?

-I… I didn’t even realize that…

-Hoo… Love at first sight?

-Of course not! I just… He seemed like something was bothering him and I wanted to help. And I strangely felt comfortable with him…

-Okay… New couple coming~

-Yah oppa! It’s not like this!

I whined and pouted at him, but he kept on teasing me for the rest of the day. But something is really bothering me… I took a really long time to be this close even with Chae Young… Why with him I was like that since the first moment? I don’t even know his name. But… His smile is beautiful!

 

=========================

I'm really sorry for take so long to post the first chapter!

But my mom won't let me sit and write T.T

 

Anyway, how's the first chapter? 

I know it's a bit boring, but I hope you like!!

 

Thanks for the ones who subscribed already!! *O*

Hope I can fulfill your expectations!! ^^

 

Please, give me feedbacks, right?