Sunset

Crying At The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wonder, how much of sunset's attraction lies in its fleeting nature? As I can only stare at its picture for a few seconds at most. But being there, in the midst of its burgundy and gold, I can't leave until it's dark. Perhaps, sunsets aren't so different from those we love..." - Suhaib Rumi

"If there's really no one else for you than me, then why do I feel like I'm slowly being replaced by someone else?" is the question that Solar wanted so badly to ask her girlfriend. But she's not sure that the answer to that would be favorable to her.

So instead, she keeps it to herself.

Because as long as Moonbyul is still choosing to stay with her, then she shouldn't have any problem, right?

Wrong.

Of course, Yongsun clearly knows it's wrong.

But she's too stubborn to let go.

Moonbyul still loves her. And it might feel like she's hanging on by a thread but Moonbyul still loves her. And Yongsun thinks that she owes it to Byul...and even to herself, to at least try to work things out.

Solar's aware that this distance between her and Byul wasn't just about Wheein.

Solar and Hyejin had a whole conversation about it.

"Maybe she likes Wheein, maybe she doesn't." Hyejin started, although this denial doesn't change the fact that Hyejin definitely knows that Moonbyul does -regardless- "What matters right now, Yongsun-unnie, is that she loves you. She's still in love with you, and you have every right and every power to win her back if you'd only want to. If you'd choose to do so." Hyejin says confidently, making Yongsun wonder how Hyejin could see it as if it was that simple.

"And Wheein wouldn't dare to get in between the two of you. That much I know." Hwasa reassured Solar.

Yongsun shakes her head, maybe Hyejin doesn't see it. Maybe she's being overly positive about the whole situation. Because there is no way it's that easy, right?

"I'm not saying it's going to be easy, unnie." Hyejin says to Yongsun as if she just read her mind. "Because your biggest enemy would not be Wheein or anyone else. It wouldn't even be your parents or your reputation. It would be yourself."

Yongsun didn't understand what Hyejin's trying to tell her, but somehow that statement terrified her even more.

"Time is catching up on you both, Yongsun-unnie." When Hyejin said that, Yongsun already knew that she's talking about the secrecy of their relationship.

"Byul-unnie will never give you an ultimatum. She loves you too much to even think about doing that to you." Hyejin declared. "But sooner or later you'll have to tell the world about your relationship with her.", Hyejin disclosed. "-maybe not even the whole world, maybe all it takes is to just tell your parents." Hyejin quips.

It sounded so easy. But to Yongsun, it's one of the hardest things anyone could ever ask her of.

She was obviously still not ready.

And Hyejin knows this too.

And obviously, Moonbyul knows this all too well -that's why she's been keeping it all to herself, trying to convince herself that they don't have any problem at all. That she could wait forever.

But the biggest question would be if she'll ever be ready.

"Do you even consider yourself gay, unnie?" Hyejin asked bluntly without any warning at all, causing Yongsun to choke on her own saliva.

Fortunately, Yongsun didn't take a full minute to recover from it.

"It's a very simple question, unnie." Hyejin stated. "Labels aren't a big deal to me at all, but that might not be the case for Byul-unnie." Hyejin notes. "Just like how you might be contented to live within your own little bubble for the rest of your lives, while Byul-unnie is yearning and waiting for the moment that you'd be ready for the world to see how much she loves you. And for the world to know that you, the woman she has loved for so many years, love her back." Hyejin couldn't h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter