Red Moon

Crying At The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The moon hid in the dark every day, and waited patiently for her sun to come and shine on her, while the wolf howled at the top of her lungs for the moon to notice her."

Moonbyul and Yongsun had been dating for a year.

Yongsun has accepted herself for what she is -whatever that may be- that she's sure of. But if you ask her if she's ready to tell the world, she might have to get back to you on that.

The only people they've only told about their relationship are Wheein and Hyejin. They're the only people who were an exception to their rule of not telling a soul.

"I'm so nervous about it." Yongsun states. She and Byul's planning to finally tell her parents about their relationship, they've been dating for a year so she thinks it's only fitting to do so.

She didn't know what to expect from her parents, since they don't have the best record of supporting her decisions.

She knows she's not doing anything wrong, but she can't help but feel afraid.

Yongsun's POV:

"No one's forcing you to do it, unnie." Wheein replied, "You should take your time until you're really sure about this." she adds, reminding me that I'm allowed to back out if I'm not a hundred percent ready.

"I know that, but..." Byul looked so happy when she told me that she'll set dinner with my parents to officially introduce her as my girlfriend. I could already imagine the dismay if I ever decide not to go through with our plan. "I can't do that."

"I'm sure Byul-unnie would understand." Wheein states, knowing where my inhibitions are stemming from.

I know Wheein knows Byul so well. I know she might be right. Byul will probably understand. But I know Byul too. I know she will continue to try and understand, but until when? I wanted to do right by Byul and introduce her to the world as my girlfriend.

But just the mere thought of doing it makes my whole body shiver in fear of the unknown. I don't know what will happen. I don't know what I'll do if my parents don't take it positively. I don't think I'm ready, and I'm afraid that doing this whole coming out of the closet thing without being a hundred percent ready will cause more harm than good.

Wheein takes my hand, looking at me with a stern look. "If you're not ready to do this, then don't." she could probably see it in my eyes. But if Wheein can see my indecisiveness, then how come Byul doesn't notice?

I nodded. I agree with what Wheein's saying, but it doesn't mean that I'll back out of my plan with Byul. I just didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Byul's POV:

"Do you think I'm selfish?" I ask Hyejin. We've been talking about our supposed dinner with Yongsun's parents. It's been a reoccurring topic between us since I noticed Yongsun's hesitation about it. I couldn't talk to Yongsun about it directly because I'm afraid of what it could lead to.

"For wanting to tell the world your story?" Hyejin asks pertaining to my question, "No." she answers. "But for going with it knowing that Yongsun-unnie is a little hesitant?" She continues, and by this moment I already know the answer, "A little."

I shake my head, expecting her answer, "I would say a lot. I'm a lot selfish." 

"Well, I wouldn't. I understand where you're coming from, unnie." Hyejin states, in the softest way possible. And looking straight at her, I couldn't see a trace of judgment in her eyes. I smiled gratefully for it. "But just know that whatever you're both going to do, it's not something you can take back. I know you're aware of that but I just wanted to remind you."

I sigh. "It's been a year. I know our relationship can withstand whatever her parents' reaction will be. I know that it's going to be hard but I'm confident in us." I stated, wanting to convince Hyejin that I'm making the right decision. To be honest, I needed her approval - someone's approval really. I need someone to reassure me that I'm not leading my relationship with Yongsun to ruins.

"You're both adults who can make big decisions. I just hope in those decisions, you don't forget to consider each other's feelings." Hyejin states, tapping my shoulder lightly before ending our conversation for the night.

"Can we stay here forever?" Yongsun asks as she and Byul lay on their shared bed. "Just like this." Yongsun states, finding peace in the simple fact that she's with Byul in a place where no one can touch them. In their room, they have their own world. She has no fear of making a wrong move because no one can judge her in their room. It's just the two of them. And it's so much easier to calm her mind and heart when all she can hear is Byul's thoughts and feelings.

"I want quiet nights like this." Byul states, "But don't you want to explore the world someday?" Byul asks, "I want to travel the world with you." she adds, not really thinking too much of it, just sharing her thoughts while playing with Yongsun's hair. 

Byul immediately noticed the sudden change in Yongsun's expression. "Did I say something wrong?" she asks.

Yongsun shakes her head. "No, it's not that..." she trailed off.

Byul quickly knew where Yongsun's thoughts lie.  She breathes in as if she's about to say something she's not ready to say, "If you're not ready to face your parents, then let's not do it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter