Interwoven

Crying At The Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun misses the moon so much she would lose herself every day just to be with the moon every night.

"Where have you been?" That's all Yongsun asked. Of course, she knows where her girlfriend has been. But she wanted something, anything to hold on to. She wanted to know that she could still trust Moonbyul. She's willing to close her eyes and trust Byul's words.

She couldn't shake off the image of Wheein clinging to her girlfriend so tightly, and Byul just letting her do so.

She'd take any excuse. She just wanted Byul to say something. Anything.

So she doesn't get why Byul can't even answer such a simple question.

Byul wanted to tell Yongsun the truth. But she didn't know how. How could she? How could she explain that she just wanted Wheein to stop avoiding her? How could she tell Yongsun that she misses how Wheein would smile in a way that was only meant for her? How could she tell her girlfriend that she's longing for the sound of Wheein's laugh whenever she makes a joke?

"Yong, I told you I went to the coffee shop." Byul answered, unaware of the implications her answer would mean.

Yongsun didn't reply. She stayed quiet as she listened to her heart break into pieces.

Yongsun wished she could convince herself that Byul didn't just lie to her. But she can't pick and choose the truth for her convenience.

And yet she wasn't ready to let go of Byul, so she let Byul's lie pass.

Timing really is cruel to Wheein.

Timing was never on her side.

Wheein loved Byul for too long that she couldn't even remember when it started. She could bet that she loved Byul long before the rapper even realized she liked Yongsun. And how Wheein wishes she could've just told her then, long before any of this. Before Yongsun entered the picture. Wheein could clearly remember the first time she saw Moonbyul and how hard it was for her to hold back a grin. 

How Wheein wished she could've been braver a little sooner.

Maybe then she wouldn't have to give up the very person she ever loved.

But what's done is done. Moonbyul's already in a relationship with Yongsun. And Wheein knows it was so wrong of her to still hope that something could happen between her and Byul despite knowing, but she did anyway. So she thought she'd be happy hearing Moonbyul acknowledge that there was something between them. That it wasn't just her wishful thinking. 

What it was?

Wheein wasn't so sure.

But it was there.

It was there in the way Byul would look at her. In the way, Byul's stare would linger a little longer than necessary. It was there in the way that Byul would check if she's laughing at a joke she just made. It was there in the way Byul would check on her even when they both know she could take care of herself. It's in the way Byul would stay up late with Wheein even when there's nothing to talk about.

But whatever it was, Wheein knows it has to stop.

So yes, Wheein hoped even for just a second, that Byul would tell her that she really is in love with her. That even though Wheein told her not to, she'll say it anyway because it's too much for her heart to silence. But that just wasn't the case. Moonbyul might love her, but she didn't love her enough to fight for it.

It doesn't matter.

It shouldn't.

Moonbyul was another person's girlfriend.

That's all that should matter, no matter how they felt. 

She thinks that maybe she's cursed. Maybe she really is a wolf, who's meant to stay on the ground as she watches the sun and moon in the sky. Maybe it's her destiny to be reminded every single day that the moon is meant for the sun, as it kills her every single time.

"It was a mistake."

And so even though Wheein loved Byul with all her heart, she knows she could never be happy knowing that she'd be the reason to cause any drift between Yongsun and Moonbyul.

She has indulged herself too long for a person who's not meant for her. She's used to the fact that she's designed to love someone who could never be hers. Moonbyul 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter