Smile

Second Chance

So.. I just had to add this sappy chapter here ㅋㅋㅋ 

*when I told you it’s sappy, it IS sappy, so read at your own risk! :) ♡

Anyways, enjoy~!

 

~~~

Coldplay - Miracles

~~~

 

It’s Saturday and the dreamies decided to hang out outside today, just so the seniors in the group could relax and freshen up a bit before their final exams next week. 

They decided to meet up at Haechan’s house that morning, and of course Mark got there first, while Jeno picked up the rest of the group.

It’s only been two days since Mark and Haechan agreed that they’re more than ‘friends’ now, they’re still trying to get used to this new condition. And Mark’s enjoying every second of it.

“Hey.. morning hyung” Haechan said when he opened the door, smiling.

“Morning baby” Mark said, returning the smile, but then he cringed at that new word he was using and he could see Haechan did the same too, and as he looked at that face Haechan was making, Mark couldn’t hold the laugh in. “pfft”

Haechan chuckled at that too. “We have to work on that.” He said.

“No kidding.” Mark shook his head, grinning.

Haechan then stepped closer to him and just stood there, with a smile on his face. “What?” Mark chuckled. 

Haechan just smiled even wider so Mark asked again. “What is it?” 

“Do I have to ask for it? We’ve talked about this yesterday.” Haechan asked, or more like, whined, while grabbing the shirt on Mark’s sides. 

“About what?” Mark asked again, as he stepped closer to Haechan, still grinning.

Haechan squinted his eyes. “You know what? I don’t want it anymore.” He let go of Mark’s shirt and took a step back into the house. “Come in” he said, as he turned his body and walked further into the house.

Mark stepped inside the house, closed the door behind him, took off his shoes, then he speed-walked until he reached Haechan and grabbed his wrist, making him stop walking.

But Haechan turned his body, surprising him, and just kissed him on the lips. He pulled away not long after that, and their eyes met, his hand still in Mark’s. Mark felt something just shifted in him.

“So that’s it?” Mark asked, smirking, despite the hard beating of his heart, half because of the surprising move earlier and half because of the anticipation of what’s coming next.

“Is that a challenge?” Haechan asked.

“Maybe.”

Haechan pulled him by the front of his shirt and just kissed him square on the lips again. Mark grinned into the kiss, started moving his lips too, returning the kiss, before “mmh-!” Haechan just bit hard on his upper lip and started pulling it. Mark heard him chuckling at his reaction.

Oh it’s on. Mark thought.

He grabbed Haechan by the waist with one hand and his other hand pressed against the back of Haechan’s head, pulling him close and just hold him there, making sure he was not going anywhere. He  Haechan’s lips, before entering his mouth. He heard Haechan gasped and only then he noticed Haechan’s hands that were on his chest, had moved up to grab on to his shoulders, as if hanging onto him for dear life. He could feel Haechan’s tongue started moving too, and this was what he’d been waiting for. 

“Ouch!” Haechan pushed him a little so that they could break the kiss off and hit Mark’s shoulder playfully. “Hyung why did you bite me?” he whined while trying to catch his breath.

“It’s not even that hard. And you started biting first so..”

“You’re the one challenging me.”

“But I didn’t ask to be bitten”

“Well you teased me so that’s in for you.” 

Mark laughed loudly. “But you just looked so cute like that-“ 

“Did you just say ‘cute’?” Haechan cut him.

“Oh shut up.” He leaned in to kiss him again but Haechan stopped him by pushing his chest. 

Mark raised his eyebrows, confused, but then Haechan said “properly this time” he warned, and Mark just laughed at that, before feeling their lips touching again.

 

“You had breakfast yet?” Haechan asked as they walked into the kitchen, where Mark could faintly smell something nice in the air.

They finally decided to stop playing around before the others got there and saw them all messy and then get hysterical or something. They didn’t know about this ‘thing’ yet. 

“I just had some toast earlier.” He looked around the kitchen, searching for the source of that nice smell.

“Want some pancakes? I have some earlier and I’m making some more for the dumbos, they must want to eat first before going.”

“Sure” Mark nodded and followed him, but Haechan stopped him.

“Just sit there hyung, I got this.” He smiled.

Mark sat on the counter, watching his every move. He never knew Haechan could be this serious and at he same time enjoying himself while doing something like this. 

“Since when you can make pancakes?” he asked as Haechan put his pancakes on the table.

“Oh, hyung. What do you think I ate when my mom was out of town?”

“I don’t know.. cereals?”

“That, too. But one’s tend to get sick of eating the same thing every morning you know.” Haechan grinned at him. “I learned a few things.” He then said, with such a smug look on his face.

“Yeah just lemme try it first and then we can talk.” Mark poked his sides and Haechan jerked, giggling, as he grabbed Mark’s hands to stop him.

 

Mark just finished eating his pancakes when the bell rang.

“I got it” Haechan said and ran to the door.

“GOOD MORNING DUMBOS!” Mark heard Jeno’s voice bombing through the house not long after that.

“I SMELL PANCAKES!” Chenle shouted.

“Be quiet! His mom might be home!” Renjun shushed them.

Mark came out of the kitchen and joined the others at the living room.

“No, she is not. And yes, there’re pancakes back there” He said, pointing back at the kitchen.

“Oh, hey Mark. Did you make the pancakes?” Jeno asked.

“No, Haechan made it.” 

“This kid? You’re kidding right?” Jaemin asked while pointing at Haechan.

“Hey! What does that mean! Hyung tell them!” Haechan grabbed Mark’s arm.

Mark chuckled and circled an arm around Haechan’s waist. “Actually, yes, I made it.”

“Hyung!” Haechan hit his chest playfully.

“Ow!” Mark laughed, while rubbing the part where he got hit. “Yes, Haechan made it. Just eat it, okay? We got to get going.”

But he didn’t hear any answer after that, instead he was faced with raised eyebrows and grins. Mark then realized the situation they were in. Oh.

Jaemin was the first to speak up. “Okay. Can someone tell me, what is going on here?” He asked, smirking, while pointing at Mark and Haechan.

“What?” Haechan tried to hold back a grin.

“Is this what I think it is? Is this real? Tell me this is real.” Renjun grabbed Jeno’s arm.

“It is, right? ing finally!” Jeno sighed.

“My heart hurts because of you two. Oh, finally it could rest from hurting now, oh god.” Chenle said dramatically while wiping his face, pretending to be crying.

“So is this official now?” Jisung said, looking up from the pancakes he'd been eating. Nobody knows when he even got the pancakes from the kitchen.

Looking at their faces, Mark didn’t say anything and just shrugged, still grinning. 

“Oh, come on. Somebody needs to say something.” Jaemin said.

“Well what do you guys think this is?” Haechan then asked while pointing at Mark’s hand that was still around his waist with a smug look on his face.

And there started the screaming.

 

-----

--- Months later ---

 

The bell rings.

Haechan goes to open the door.

Who is it? The dumbos didn’t tell me if they’re going to come here today. Haechan thought to himself.

He just opens the door without much thinking then, but as soon as he opens it, before he could even see who it was, someone hugs him. What the- he starts panicking, his heart’s beating faster, he struggles, tried freeing himself from this person’s hold, but then he catch a familiar scent. Wait. And he heard a very familiar chuckle. I know this person.

“Hyung?!”

He heard him laugh then.

Haechan pulls himself away from Mark, he just wants to see his face and make sure it’s really him, because actually, he’s not supposed to be back now. He can’t believe he’s really here.

“Hyung?! Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming home today?”

“I want to surprise you of course.”

Haechan wanted to nag about this pleasant surprise but before he could even open his mouth to speak, Mark just hugs him again. “I miss you” He said as he snuggled his face on Haechan’s neck. Haechan could feel his breath on his neck, he get shivers from it.

“O..kay?” he returned the hug, but then Haechan realized that they’re still at his door. “Uhm.. hyung. Maybe we should come inside first?”

Mark nodded but he didn’t let him go, he just pushed his body as he take a step forward, bringing Haechan with him, then kicks the door closed with his feet.

“Hyung..?”

“Just. Stay like this for a moment. Please.” Mark said quietly, his face is still buried in the crook of Haechan’s neck.

“You miss me that much huh?” Haechan asked teasingly.

“You had no idea.” Mark tighten the hug.

Haechan raised his eyebrows at that. Well. I didn’t expect that answer. Haechan thought.

Mark let him go after a few minutes, just to cup his face and caress it. He looked at his face carefully, like he was trying to print every detail of his face in his brain, then run his hands through Haechan’s hair, and then cups his face again, rubbing his thumbs on Haechan’s cheeks. 

“Wha-”

“Is your mom home?” Mark asked suddenly.

“No..? She’s at wor-” Haechan didn’t get to finish his sentence as Mark just leans in then and kiss him.
This kiss felt really soft and tender, they move slowly, like they owned all the time in the world. They haven’t meet each other for months and this feeling they’re having right now as they hold each other like this, is one of the many things they missed from each other. The feeling of being wanted, needed. The feeling of being complete.

He could feel one of Mark’s hand slipped around his waist, pulling him closer, so he circled his arms around Mark’s neck and tilt his head a little, deepening the kiss. He finds Mark’s other hand that was caressing his cheek softly now moved to the side of his neck, his fingers pulling on the hair on the back of his head. Haechan felt shivers run down his back. With that sensation and the thumping of his heart right now, Haechan starts to feel lightheaded and out of breath, he grabs Mark’s shoulders and tried to subtly push him, he need to breathe. Good thing Mark pulled away then.

“This is bad..” Mark said after he pulls away. 

“What is?” Haechan tried asking between heavy breaths. 

“You. I’m going crazy because of you. I never knew I could be this clingy. Ugh, I’m getting pissed at myself. I miss you so much you don’t know how miserable I was there, alone.” He hugs him again then.

“I miss you too” Haechan chuckled, wrapping his arm around Mark again.

“I’m going to stick to you while I’m here, just letting you know.” Mark said quietly.

“Well. I’m going to enjoy every second of it.” Haechan smiled to himself.

-----

Mark did say that he would stick to him, but Haechan didn’t think he meant that literally. 

They eat lunch at the mall that day, and after that they just walk around the mall, then they stop and try this one new drink that was so popular among Haechan's friends at school. The line is just so long but Haechan insist on trying this drink, but then turns out that they didn’t like it and just throw it away. 

And in all that time, Mark always has his hand on him. Whether it on his hands, around his shoulder, in his hair on the back of his head, around his waist, Mark just always find a way to touch him. To keep him within his reach. Haechan’s not complaining though. He just thinks about if it was Mark from one year ago, he would never do these kind of things. But look at him now. Haechan just feel this warmth inside his chest everytime these thoughts come to the surface.

-----

They were about to get out of the mall when they meet Yukhei.

“Haechan-ah!” He called Haechan. Mark could feel his body tensed at the sound of that voice. The last time he saw Yukhei is at the graduation ceremony, and even after their ‘problem’ was sorted, he still felt a bit uncomfortable around Yukhei. Now is no different.

Mark knows that Yukhei is not a bad person, it’s just, seeing him brings back the not-so-pleasant memories. Mark is not good at forgetting these kind of things.

“Heeyy it’s been a long time!” Yukhei said as he get to where they are.

“Yeah, how are you doing hyung?” Haechan give him a small smile.

“Great! Life’s great!” then he nodded his head at Mark. “‘sup Mark. Ohoo I see you two are still together.” He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

What does he mean by that? Mark thought irritatedly.

Mark could tell that Haechan noticed the changing of his mood as he then laughed awkwardly. 

“Haha.. of course hyung. Uhmm.. what are you doing here by the way?” he asked. Mark could feel that Haechan’s hold in his hand tighten, and he rubs his thumb on the back of his hand, as if trying to calm him down. It worked, Mark felt a bit relaxed by that.

“Oh.. I was just looking for some stuff, while waiting for someone.” Yukhei answered.

Just then a man walk up to them. “Yukhei” the man grabs Yukhei’s arm.

“Heey there you are!” Yukhei pecked the man’s forehead. “Let me introduce you guys. Jungwoo, this is Haechan and Mark, they’re my friends from highschool, guys, this is Jungwoo, my boyfriend.”

“Hello, nice to meet you” Haechan said, giving him a smile.

“Nice to meet you.” Jungwoo said to both of them.

Mark just give him a smile and a nod. He’s not trying to be rude, he’s just not in the mood to talk right now.

“We have to go now.” Jungwoo said then to Yukhei.

“Oh, okay. Sorry guys, but we have to get going.” Yukhei said while wrapping his arm around Jungwoo’s shoulder.

“No, it’s okay hyung.” Haechan said.

“See you guys around.” Yukhei said as he ruffled Haechan’s hair before walking away. Mark clenched his fist at that.

 

“Hyung?” Haechan tried to call Mark but he seems to be caught on his thoughts. They have arrived at Haechan’s house now and already standing in front of his door.

Haechan caressed Mark’s face with both hands, making him face him and tries again. “Hyung?”

Mark noticed him now as their eyes meet. “Huh?”

“What were you thinking so seriously about? Wanna come in?” 

“Uhm? Uh, it’s nothing..” 

Haechan didn’t wait for Mark to answer his second question as he just pulls Mark inside his house.

“Hyung.. Please talk to me. I didn’t know what’s wrong if you didn’t tell me.”

“Yukhei..” Mark started but then he change his mind “Never mind.” Mark said and diverts his eyes from Haechan’s.

“Hyung.” Haechan called him softly, as he pulls his face so that he meets his eyes again. “I’m yours. You don’t need to worry about that.”

Mark sighed then, letting the thoughts that has been disturbing him to go away “Okay, right. I’m sorry. I’m just so pissed that he touched you.”

“Wow, jealous much?” Haechan , but then Mark just couldn’t stop himself and he kissed him.

“You’re mine.” He said when he pulled away, he’d like to confirm it to himself.

“I am yours.” Haechan said, and Mark could see the sincerity in his eyes as he nodded while caressing Mark’s face, rubbing his thumb on his cheek. 

Mark wraps his hands around Haechan’s waist then, holding him close.

Mark once thought that he doesn’t like loud kids, they’re annoying, he said. 

But try to think about it now, he’s been surrounded by them for as long as he could remember and that’s what makes his life much more colorful. He realized that he doesn’t really mind loud kids now, he even loved one of them, this person who has the brightest smile he has ever seen.

He felt so grateful. He asked for a miracle, and though he still couldn’t believe it even until now, it really happened. He’s just really really glad that he didn’t ruin his second chance and missed his once in a lifetime opportunity to have this lovely person in his embrace.

“I love you.” 

Is all Mark needs to say to make this person smile again.

That smile. Mark just really love that bright smile.

 

-----

Alright. So I’m just gonna end this here :)

 

Thank you so much for reading and supporting this story. I really appreciate it all. You guys are amazing! ❤ ㅠ^ ㅠ

 

You can find me on twt, but I make this acc to be a fangirling acc and literally my rant acc so.. lol. @meblue06 . There. ‘ㅅ’

Hope we can be mutuals :* ❤

 

And uhm.. I made a playlist of the songs that I mentioned in this story. Actually I made it for myself at first, because the songs really build the feels for me, so I’d like to listen to them when I wrote, and sometimes when I want to sleep too lol. So here, if you would like to listen to the songs! >~<