Confession

Moving Forward

"Breaking News! EXO’s Chanyeol hospitalized just one week before the group’s fourth comeback."


“One thing. Is that too much to ask?” Bomi yells entering the hospital room, she's made sure there's no reporters or anything around. Thankfully Chanyeol has the decency to look guilty, while trying and failing to hide his laptop.

“Kang Hani, I asked you to look after him and tell me immediately if anything happened. And you Baekhyun, why would you give him his laptop? Let that be his punishment for not looking after himself. Park Chanyeol, don’t even pretend to fall asleep. Did I or Did I not ask you to look after yourself? I did right, so please explain to me, why you’re in a cast one week before you’re comeback? And why I had to hear about this through a stupid tabloid -”

Taking advantage of Bomi's tunnel vision focused on Chanyeol, Hani, Suho, Baekhyun and Chen discreetly leave the room. Chanyeol is too scared to even look away from Bomi, so they manage to escape unscathed.


“That witch, she didn’t even tell me she was coming back.” Hani grumbles once they’re at the cafe across the hospital.

“Wasn’t the article released just 6 hours ago.” Chen comments, as Baekhyun and Suho return with their orders.

"She probably had her jet fly over." Hani shrugs it off, the three males have learned to not ask more than necessary questions.

“So, how exactly did Chanyeol end up with a cast?” the three males choke on their drinks and it would have been hilariously if the behavior didn't seem to fishy.

“It’s just practice, he was stressing himself out.” Suho answers quickly.

“Baby.” Hani glares at him, causing him to visibly gulp unable to break eye contact.

“The Beagles were challenging each other to see who could jump the most number of stairs and he tried to jump an entire flight.”


“WHAT! Why would you do that? Not only is that stupid, it’s reckless. Thankfully it’s nothing serious. Do you know how worried I am? Why -hit- would -hit- you -hit- not -hit- care -hit- about -hit- yourself?”

He pulls her in a hug, as she raises her hand to smack his shoulder, and he realizes she’s crying when he feels the hospital shirt getting wet, so he pulls her down to sit next to him.

“Baby, why are you crying?” Chanyeol asks, cupping her cheeks to wipe her tears, but they don't seem to be stopping.

“I was so scared. I couldn’t think. All that kept running in my mind was, I never got to tell you how I feel. I never got to show you how much you mean to me. I Love you. God, I Love you so much. I was so scared to admit it, but -”

She’s cut off at the feel of his lips and they both end up pouring all their sincerity and love into that kiss. There’s so many emotions going on, that the both of them are left with swollen lips and tear stained cheeks as they finally pull apart, only to be pulled back in by the other.

“I have to get back, I have a meeting in exactly 6 hours. I’ll be back as soon as I’m done.” She promises him. A quick hug and peck later, Bomi leaves.


“Where is she?” Hani questions as Suho and her enter the room, with a bag of food.

“She had to return, she has an early meeting she can’t miss. She said she'll be back as soon as she's done” He tells them.

"Seriously, she returned after three whole weeks and she didn't even think about saying goodbye to me. Wow, what happened to Queens before Peens." Hani fumes, trying to call Bomi, but the younger woman is already on her flight.

Suho manages to calm her down, before he explains the situation to Chanyeol.

“Well, the company is pissed. Manager hyung is taking care of it though. But since the comeback has been announced, they’re not postponing it. You get to sit this one out, the doctors say you remove the cast in a three weeks, but no sooner and another week of rest for you leg, so you’ll be back on you feet in a month.” Suho informs Chanyeol.

“What about the collab?”

“Lay’s going to take over for the collab and Sehun and Kai will take over for music shows.” Suho yawns and though he's trying his best to stay awake, his eyelids keep drooping.

“Chanyeol-ssi. You should rest. We’ll see you tomorrow. If you need anything, feel free to call me. Don’t call him, call me and I’ll be here.” Hani drags Suho out as he needs to rest as well.


“Baby, wake up.” With a sigh, Hani goes to the passenger side, and manages to pull a half-sleepy Suho out of the car and begin walking to the elevator.

“Where are we?” He sleepily asks, leaning almost all his weight on Hani.

“We’re at your apartment. The dorm is too far and so is the penthouse. We both need sleep and this was the closest place.” The elevator dings, and she carefully drags/half carries him to his apartment, entering the code and leading him to the bedroom. He drags her with him, using her as a holster and draping his legs over her waist to pull her closer to him. With a quick peck on the top of her head, they’re both falling asleep without bothering to even change their clothes.


Suho usually hates mornings but something about this particular morning seems different and  that's when he remembers falling asleep with his soulmate. He feels around the bed, but she’s not there. He looks towards the bathroom, but the door's wide open with no sign of Hani. So finally he sits up and that's when he hears some sound. Lazily he stumbles out of bed and slowly walks out of the bedroom and down the flight of stairs. He notices the kitchen lights switched on and quickly paddles over. Leaning against the doorway, he watches his soulmate completely lost in the kitchen. Unable to resist himself, he quietly walks behind her and scares her when he wraps his arms around her waist, and propping his chin on her shoulder, allowing him to watch the empty pan she seems to be having a wordless argument with.

“What are you doing?” He questions.

“Cooking. Hopefully” She shyly answers, relaxing back into his chest, while he moves her hair over to the other side.

“You can’t cook though.” He teases, tickling her sides a little.

“I know, but I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed.” She pouts trying to wriggle out of his hold, but that only causes him to tighten his hold on her and  stops the tickle attack.

“How about you get in bed and I’ll bring you some breakfast.” He suggests, loosening his arms around her and turning towards the fridge to grab, a few more eggs.

“Or how about we cook together.” Hani counters, tossing the 'omlet' she prepared into the trash can. 

“That sounds perfect.”


“Kwon Bomi. How dare you leave? Especially without meeting me!” Hani whines, entering Chanyeol’s hospital room followed by Nayoung and Hansol.

“Bom, I missed you.” Nayoung joins Hani and Bomi’s hug, and squeezes them to death.

“I missed the both of you as well. I had an important meeting to attend, I was barely able to fly over for those few hours.” Bomi explains.

“What’s up Bomi? How have you been?” Hansol hugs Bomi, Chanyeol tries to ‘subtly’ cough, which doesn’t go unnoticed, as Hansol wraps his arm around her shoulder. 

“How are you Chanyeol-ssi?” Hansol asks, rolling his eyes and leaning Bomi's head on his shoulder.

“I’m your hyung, shouldn’t you be a little more respectful towards me.” Chanyeol shoots back, throwing daggers at Hansol's arm and shoulder.

“I heard about how you broke your leg.” That sobers Chanyeol up and in a second he goes from angry bird to hurt puppy.

“Look, Park Chanyeol-ssi. Bomi is not only my friend, but also my sister. So if you ever hurt her intentionally or not, I will multiply the pain by 100 and give it back to you.” Nayoung starts,

“I’m a psychologist, this goes against my ethics, but I know several methods to hurt you without actually hitting you. We understand?” Hani continues.

“Chanyeol hyung, I’ll just warn you. Nayoung will physically hurt you and those wounds will fade away, but if Hani hurts you, you’re never getting over it. So, Do NOT ever make any stupid mistakes, not even one. It's for your own sake, our family doesn't give second chances.” Hansol finishes.

“What we’re saying is, Bomi is really precious to us. And we’re handing over our close friend to you, so keep her happy.” Hani pulls Bomi for another hug.

“Of course. Thank you for your blessing.” Chanyeol smiles, pulling Bomi to sit on the bed with him.

“Now that’s over. You two enjoy, and take care of each other. We’ll get going.” Nayoung pushes the Kang's out of the room, to give the couple some privacy.


Brat. What’s the schedule for tomorrow? ~ Hani.

Why are you asking me? ~ Sehun.

Just answer the question. ~ Hani.

Oppa. Please. ~ Hani.

Never call me Oppa. ~ Sehun.

Kai and I need to learn Yeol’s lines and Lay hyung needs to practice the dance. ~ Sehun.

I don’t care about you or the others. I want to know about Jun. ~ Hani.

Ohhhh. Jun. Umm. I’m not sure. Why do you want to know ;) ~ Sehun.

Brat. Help me please. ~ Hani.

We’ll be done by 9pm tonight. ~ Sehun.

Got it. Thanks brat. Get back to work. Stop being lazy. ~ Hani.

Ungrateful ~ Sehun.


Let’s have dinner at your place tomorrow. ~ Hani.

We finish at 9 though. It’ll be too late. You shouldn't wait up for me. ~ Jun.

I don’t mind. I’ll be waiting for you. ~ Hani.

See you tonight. Can’t talk. Need to get back to work. ~ Hani.

Don't forget to have dinner :( ~ Jun. 

You too. :) ~ Hani.


“Are you hungry?” Bomi asks Chanyeol, pushing his wheelchair down the hallway. They're at an VVIP hospital, so they don't have to worry about running into any reporters or saesangs, thanks to the wonderful security.

“Can we pick up something on the way home?” He asks and she nods.

“The others will be back in a hour. Should we pick something for them as well?” Bomi asks and he nods after checking with Baekhyun.

“Suho Oppa won’t be there.” She mentions, exiting towards the parking garage.

“How do you know?”

“Just a guess.” She winks, continuing to push him towards her car


"I'm home." Suho whispers, quietly entering his apartment. He quickly takes his shoes off and slips on his house slippers and slowly makes his way to the living room. However, he freezes at the entrance of the room.

The entire room is dim, with candles (fake candles) on display everywhere, including a small walkway leading to the dining room, sofa and the flight of stairs to the bedrooms. The space between the candles is occupied by red and white petals. He can't clearly see the dining table, but the aroma makes him guess it's filled with his favorites. The house looks like a scene from a romantic movie and he can't stop himself from beaming at his soulmate.

Though she's currently dozing off on the sofa, her feet are still touching the floor and her body is awkwardly tilted. Suho carefully lays her down and covers her with a small throw, before heading off to take a shower and change out of his sweaty clothes.

After the much needed shower, he quickly walks back to living room and gently lifts her head to let it rest on his thighs. He doesn't realize how long he's been staring at her, but her phone starts ringing snaps the peaceful atmosphere. He tries to silence it, not wanting to wake her up but he fails, when she slowly starts stirring.

“You’re here.” She softly smiles at him. “You’re here. Oh my god. It was supposed to be a surprise. I fell asleep. Sorry.” She hurriedly sits up, almost knocking her forehead to his chin, had it not been for Suho's fast reflexes.

“Hani. It’s fine. It’s beautiful and I love it.” He assures her.


“You’re beautiful.” Hani blurts out. They’ve just finished cleaning up after dinner. Dinner was normal, but Suho could sense the nervousness from Hani, so he kept the conversation going and made sure to not pry more than he could.

“I mean it. You’re one of the most amazing person, I have ever meet. You make it so easy to fall in love with you. I’ve known about my feelings for some time now, but I wanted to be sure about them. That's also why I haven't been in contact for the past couple of weeks, I'm sorry if that hurt you, but I would rather be sure of my feelings than jump into this relationship and hurt you after. I'm so glad for those the days you let me be, because in that time I realized I truly do love you. ” She confesses, wrapping her arms around his waist and nestling her face into his back.

“And I'm also happy you decided not to give up on me, even when I wanted you too. I’m happy you’re my soulmate and I'm happy you fought foe us.” He turns around, so they’re face to face. There's tears running down both their faces, but they choose to ignore that.

“So, Kim Junmyeon, Will you be my boyfriend?” She asks him, and without wasting another second, he kisses her.

“I’ve been waiting for this.” He says as they pull apart to catch their breath.

“I love you” She says before pecking him.

"I love you more." He smiles, chasing after her lips.

"You and I both know that's actually true." She confirms.


Next morning, Suho can’t stop the smile on his face as he wakes up to Hani and him still cuddled with each other. They had a few more make out sessions, but it never progressed any further than that.

“Good morning.” He kisses her forehead,

“It would have been better, If I wasn’t being watched in my sleep.” She teases, scrunching her nose, and he pecks it as well.

“Get used to it. I’m not stopping.” He winks back, heading into the bathroom to get ready.

She's scrolling through her phone when Suho steps out of the bathroom and she doesn't even hide the fact she's checking his body out. I mean it's his fault for only tying an towel around his waist and nothing else.

Knowing he's going to , she quickly runs into the bathroom. Only after she's done, she realizes she forgot to grab her clothes. She can only pray Junmyeon's not in the room when she pokes her head out, but shockingly not, he's leaning back on the bed and smirking at the folded clothes on his dresser.

"Is it my turn now?" He jokes, watching the blush slowly spread on her face.

"I could leave if you're uncomfortable." He seriously asks her and suddenly all the nervousness and shyness seems to decrease.

"It's not that. I've just never, you know." She says and he quickly understands. Without another word, he turns his head and shuts his eyes,  allowing her to grab her clothes and run to the walk-in closet.

"What's today's schedule?" Hani asks, stepping out of the closet.

"I need to go to the recording studio for a couple of hours, but other than that I'm free. You?" He tells her, interlacing their fingers and leading them out of the bedroom.

"I just a text from Min, she's handling everything for the day." She tells him.

"Netflix and Ch- Mom. Dad." Hani almost has whiplash, snapping her head towards the dining table, only to see an elder couple seated there.

“Mom. Dad. What are you doing here?” Suho asks, walking towards them and by default dragging Hani with him.

“Ahh. Finally the two of you are up.” Mr.Kim comments, signaling for the two to take a seat at the table.

“Good morning Hani. It's just our dear son keeps forgetting to introduce you to us, so we decided to drop by. It seems, we came at the right time as well." She jokes, pointing at the living room, where the petals are still on display along with the candlelights.

"He's been trying to set up our meetings, but I have to decline due to my busy schedule." Hani fibs, looking pointedly at Suho.

"Oh honey, don't try to lie for him. I know my son, he's forgetful when it comes to the important things." Mr.Kim chuckles,

"My husband's right. Myeonnie is quite forgetful. But let's talk about that later. My husband whipped up breakfast for us. "

All throughout the meal the parents share several embarrassing stories about Jun's childhood and the male can only roll his eyes, since Hani seems to be enjoying herself a lot and his parents are absolutely in love with her by the time they're saying goodbye.

"You’re parents are amazing.” Hani comments watching the elderly couple head to their car.

“They’re the best.” Suho smiles, watching his parents wave a final goodbye, before getting inside their car.

“We should visit them whenever you're free.” She suggests, the blinding smile she gets in response is all se needs.

“That would be -” Her phone alerts her on a text.

Let’s talk. Our spot. ~ Hoonie.

"Jihoon wants to talk." She shows her soulmate the text. She's scared to look at him in fear of angering him, but he gently cups her cheek and pecks her forehead.

"I have to head over to the recording studio, would you like me to drop you off?" He asks, pressing his floor number on the elevator.

"It's fine. I have my car and it's in the opposite direction from the recording studio." The elevator doors open with a soft ping and the two quickly exit.

"I'll see you later." Suho says, watching her walk out the door.

"You will. I love you." She smiles, walking over to kiss him quickly.

“I love you too.”