Chapter 8

Moving Forward

“What are you doing here?” Taeyoung asks, as Bomi steps into the dance studio. The male was trying to work on some last minute changes for the EXO chorography, before his first love stepped into the room.

“I’m meeting Chanyeol later.” She informs him, hesitantly making her way towards him right in the center of the room.

“That’s good.” He says nonchalantly, no anger, no sadness, no emotion evident in his expression.

“You don’t have anything to tell me.” She hesitantly asks, stopping three feet away from him.

“I want you to be happy. His reputation is unfortunately misunderstood, but he seems like an amazing person. You’ll be happier with him.” He softly says, spreading his arms for her, she doesn't hesitate for even a second before she rushes to embrace him. They don't notice the studio door opening as a lady steps into the room, letting the door softly shut behind her.

“I’m sorry, Tae. I’m so sorry.” She keeps apologizing, practically sobbing into his chest and potentially wetting his shirt, but he doesn't care much, since he tightens his arms around her waist and continues to comfort her.

“It's not your fault, stop apologizing. If anyone it's my fault, I knew it was never going to happen and yet I deluded myself. So, don't apologize, unless you're apologizing for being extremely charming, beautiful, kind, caring, loving, intelligent -”

“Taeyoung.” Bomi giggles, trying to separate from him, but the male only holds her more tightly.

"Let me enjoy this for the last time." He whispers, but due to the studio, his words echo and the words are heard as the door is opened once more.

“Sorry to interrupt your moment, but the artists are here.” Mihyun says, opening the door wider allowing for the EXO members and EG members to step into the room.

"Bona. What are you doing standing here?" One of the EG members asks the dumbfounded girl, while Bomi avoids looking at EXO and peels herself away from Taeyoung.

"I'll talk to you later." Taeyoung takes one of Bomi's hand and squeezes it as confirmation.

"I'll walk you out." He tells her, turning around to the door. Only everyone in the room is stunned into silence as a wide gong chime goes off, the second Taeyoung looks the 5th member of EG in the eye. He's completely confused, while the girl is already staring at him wide-eyed in awe. Her members hurry to remove the bandana wrapped around her wrist.

"OMG. Congrats." One of the girls yells, the four turn to look at Taeyoung and pointedly staring at his wrist. The male chooses to ignore the glances and with a firm voice instructs everyone to start warming up.

“Hi, I’m Bomi.” She hesitantly holds her hand forward to the other female, but the idol glares at her and side-steps her to join her members to warm up.

“I’ll walk you out, let's go.” Lacing their fingers, Taeyoung drags Bomi out before she can refuse his offer or before anyone stops them.


“Congrats on finding your soulmate.” Bomi teases as they’re nearing the parking lot.

“Don’t. Please.” Taeyoung implores and Bomi can't stop the guilt from taking over.

“I’m not trying to blame you, my feelings are all on me, but please don’t look at me like that. She's my soulmate, and I may grow to love her, but you’ll always be my first love. It's sad, but that will always be the truth. I really do love you Bomi. So please.” Taeyoung hugs her, both their shirts end up have a wet patch by the time, he's kissing her forehead and walking away from her.


“Another 17 couples.” Hani’s research assistant announces barging into her office.

“Min, scare me like that one more time and I’ll kick your -

"Yet, when I ask to not be given stupid tasks, you neve listen." Min cuts her off, Hani's about to retaliate.

“Hey, Dr. Kang, Kwon Bomi is here.” Hani’s secretary informs her.

“Send her in. I was just leaving.” Min says, walking out the office, but after she sticks her tongue out at her 'boss'.

“What’s up?” Hani asks, Bomi silently plops down on the couch, with a deep groan. “Oh, do I need my notepad?” the psychologist jokes, earning a glare from the best friend.

“I’m meeting Chanyeol later, so I went to meet Taeyoung and he found his soulmate, but she saw us in an intimate so she probably thinks I’m a soulmate stealer or a promiscuous woman.” She rambles.

“You went to tell Taeyoung, you’re meeting your soulmate; So the two of you had a moment and Younggie’s soulmate saw the two of you. And she was mean to you. That b*tch. How dare she be rude to you, just because of a hug. I hate her already.” Hani summarizes.

“Wait, you’re meeting Chanyeol. Wait, YOUNGGIE FOUND HIS SOULMATE.” Hani yells, as the words sink in.

“Younggie found his soulmate.” another voice joins them, and Hanna struts inside the office, as she's the owner of the place. Which she is, the building belongs to her.

“It’s Bona.”

“Bona, as in Bona of Electric Girls.” Hanna exclaims, as Bomi nods to answer her.

“Seung loves EG, but Bona’s not his favorite, so It’s fine.” Hanna adds, typing away on her phone.

“Hansol says, What is with our family and idols? I agree. First you two and now Younggie. Hoon better not return with an idol.” Hanna jokes, reading the messages from her cousin.

“That’s not the problem, we can deal with that later, but Bomi’s meeting Chanyeol later. We can’t let her go like this.” Hanna says, as she looks at the younger women with a bright grin. 

“We’re going shopping.” 


Cafe Bené. ~ Bomi.

See you soon ~ Bomi.


Chanyeol is led to a private room, taking in a deep breath he finally enters the room, only to have his breath stolen with Bomi shyly fidgeting in her seat, waiting for him.

“You look gorgeous.” He greets her, taking the seat across her.

“You too. I mean you look really handsome.” She compliments him, and he does look handsome in his navy blue shirt, with gray slacks.

“Were you spying on me?” He’s raises a brow at her question. “We’re matching.” She points towards her outfit and back at his, as the outfits seem to have been coordinated on purpose.

There is an awkward silence once the server leaves with their order, but soon they’re talking about the most random things, they momentarily pause once their food arrives, but immediately resume as they dig into their food. It seems in the blink of an eye, two hours have passed and he’s already driving her back home.


"So, Song Taeyoung?" Chanyeol warily asks, Bomi visibly stiffens before releasing a breath and leaning back on the seat.

"Taeyoung is my best male friend. He's been there for me through thick and thin. If it wasn't for him, Hani and Nayoung, I wouldn't be here and because of that I owe him my life." She looks directly at him.

"He's in love with you." Chanyeol bluntly states, but there's no emotions in his voice.

"Unfortunately. But he's going to get over me and then try to be with his true soulmate." Bomi smiles, and Chanyeol finally let's go of the tension that had been worrying him since the day he meet Bomi.

"So there's no possibility for the two of you?" Chanyeol asks, she looks at him surprised and shakes her head while chuckling.

"I love Tae, but only as a friend. And I've only recently learned how to love myself, so I can truly learn to love someone else." She shyly smiles, refusing to look at him anymore.

"Who might that someone else be?" Chanyeol flirts, he doesn't have to doubt himself, when he sees the red spread across Bomi's cheek and to her neck and ears.

"My soulmate." She smiles, Chanyeol doesn't hesitate to hold her hand over the divider of his car. 


“It was fun. We should do it again.” Bomi says. She’s hesitant to leave his car and he’s unwilling to let go off her hand.

“We’re going to be busy with the comeback. I won’t have time to meet up for quite a while.” He sadly informs her, thinking about the already hectic schedule for atleast the next two months.

“Neither will I. I’m leaving for Hong Kong in a week. I’ll be there for around a month or maybe more.” She informs him, eyes trained on their hands, tightly wrapped together, she looks up to see him already looking at her. She nods, understanding the look in his eyes and he drives off without a word.


“Was that Bomi?” Hansol asks his soulmate, pointing towards the sports car, zooming out of their garage.

“It seems as if our Bomi won’t be coming back home tonight.” Youngjae chuckles, entering the building.

"Let's hope Haneul or Minkyu don't find out."


“Surprise.” Hani startles the EXO members as they enter their apartment.

“Oh MY GOD. Woman, you just gave me a heart attack.” Sehun dramatically exclaims, falling to the ground with a hand on his chest.

“Why aren’t you dead then?” She deadpans, earning laughter from the other members and a glare from him, which quickly turns into a hurt puppy look.

“Food’s almost ready.” She excitedly informs them, walking close to Suho on their way to the living room.

“Please tell us you didn’t cook it.” Sehun jokes, earning a smack on the head, courtesy of Suho.

“She didn't. We got it from a restaurant.” Saemi says, exiting the kitchen with a tray of rice bowls, her soulmate immediately tries to take the tray from her, but she stops him.

“Go change and freshen up, we’ll have everything ready by then.” Jia, Minseok’s soulmate tells them, she nudges Minseok towards his room.

“There’s my soulmate.” Sehun exclaims as a small Bichon jumps into his arms.

“You’re never going to find your real soulmate, if you keep considering Vivi as your soulmate.” Chen tsks, going to freshen up.

“Seriously, Sehun, don’t keep lying to people about having found your soulmate.” Baekhyun teases, quickly following behind Chen.

“Why do you guys have to be so mean?” Sehun mumbles, as some of the other members quietly and hurriedly make their way to their room, no one wants to console a crying Sehun.

“They’re just jealous their soulmates aren’t as cute as Vivi.” Hani comforts Sehun, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

“Hani’s right. Vivi is the cutest soulmate anyone can have.” Lay ruffles his hair, before walking towards his room. 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” Hani asks.

“He’s dropping Bomi off.” Suho informs her, moving to sit by her on the sofa.

“No he’s not.” Hani chuckles, reading the text from Hansol about spotting Bomi and Chanyeol zooming off. She shows Suho and Sehun the text.

“Guess who’s getting some tonight.”

“SEHUN”

“Who getting what?” Jia asks, walking back into the living room followed by Minseok.

"Don't you dare." Hani warns Sehun, but the little fu*ker only smiles innocently at her before screeching loud enough for their neighbors to hear.

"Chanyeol hyung." That's how Sehun ends up on squished on the floor, with Hani sitting on top of him and Vivi happily being petting by Suho as the leader turns a blind eye to the punches his soulmate's throwing the youngest of the group.


“I don't know how you deal with that little monster everyday." Hani jokes, hearing the bathroom door open. She literally freezes, seeing Suho exit the bathroom without a shirt and sweatpants hanging low on his hips. Scanning him from head to toe, she's shocked to find his eyes already on her, ashamed she quickly turns around and hearing his amused chuckle, only causes her to blush more.

“If you look at me like that, I won’t be able to stop myself.” The closeness shocks her first, but the husky tone he uses and the words seem to get to her and she's glad when he takes a step away from her. She finally looks at him after he kisses her temple, only to blush when he once again winks at her, before pulling a shirt over his head.

“I’ve seen better.” She remarks after composing herself, though she quickly sprints out of the room seeing the challenging look in his eyes.

As the two run into the living room, Suho tackles her onto the sofa, Suho ends up straddling her and holding her arms hostage above her head with only one arm, while he tries to tickle her with the other. She keeps wheezing and begging for mercy, but the leader doesn't show any and continues his attacks. They’re so utterly lost in their moment, they fail to notice the camera’s until they hear the loud click and several flashes going off at once.

“At least have dinner, before you move on to the dessert.” Chen jokes, the entire living room starts laughing and Suha know they're never going to be able to live this moment down.