Realization.

Moving Forward

“What’s with the flowers?” Hansol comments, walking into Hani’s office.

“Alstroemeria” Hansol identifies the flowers that are currently on the windowsill. There’s a knock on the door, before Hani’s assistant walks in with a small gift box. He leaves it on the table before leaving. There’s a small succulent along with a note, Hansol watches his sister blush reading the note.

“Jihoon?” Hansol questions her, but the smile on her face fades.

“Still nothing.” Hansol asks her, she shakes her head, he quietly makes his way to comfort her.

“What do I do?” Hani asks him weakly.

“It’ll be fine.” He comforts her.

“I’m here to pick you up for lunch. Youngjae’s waiting in the car. Let’s go.” Hansol informs her, taking her coat and purse pulling her out her office. 


It’s been five weeks since Hani’s birthday.

Five weeks since they’ve found her soulmate.

Five weeks since her brother and cousins returned.

Five weeks since Bomi left the country for “business”.

Five weeks since Jihoon disappeared.

Nayoung and Mingyu are currently on a trip, since they had been apart for almost 2 years. However, for the past weeks, Suho has been sending Hani gifts everyday along with late night phone calls or late night coffee dates or whenever the two have time to meet up. I


“Taeyoung returned today.” Hani says strolling through the park with Suho.

“What about Bomi? When is she coming back?” Suho asks.

“I’m not sure. She avoids that question. How’s Chanyeol holding up?” 

“He’s not fine. Managers are worried. They’re thinking about going to the company, I managed to hold them off, but I’m not sure how long.”

Chanyeol’s been in a horrible mood ever since he found out Bomi left for a business trip accompanied with Taeyoung. He's unfocused, easily agitated and uncooperative. They've been working on the same dance routine for two weeks now, and he's had to re-record his parts over 20 times. The members can't even scold him or yell at him, because he just walks around the dorms looking broken and lost. Everyone's tried talking to him, but he's just unresponsive. 

"Should I try to talk to him?" Hani hesitantly asks,

"We can try, though I'm not too sure if it'll work." Suho sighs. He switches the topic and asks her about her research she's working on as they continue to walk.

“Is that Bomi?” Suho asks pointing at the figure waiting outside the EXO dorms. Due to the distance, they can't make her out completely, but with the way height and the way she's pacing in front of the entrance

“She’s so dead.” Hani lets go of Suho’s hand, angrily marching towards her best friend.

“Kwon Bomi.” Hani yells, startling Bomi. Even though it’s only been two weeks, Bomi looks as if she’s barely surviving, she's lost so much weight, she looks like a skeleton model.

“It hurts to even look at you.” Hani cries, carefully hugging her as if afraid she’s going to break.

“I’m not going to break, you idiot.” Bomi says tightly wrapping her arms around her best friend.

“Why didn’t you return home with Taeyoung?” Hani mumbles.

"I needed time." Bomi sobs

"I understand. But why are you waiting here in the cold?" Hani asks, shrugging her coat off, the coat engulfs Bomi entirely and she looks so tiny, Hani has to stop herself from cooing.

“IwantedtotalktoChanyeol.” Bomi sobs, and Hani gently wraps her arms around her again.

“Why don’t we take this inside?” Suho awkward asks scanning the street to make sure no one's around. The two women don’t listen and continue bawling in each other’s arms. Suho’s wraps his arms around the sobbing women trying to calm them down, and to avoid the cool winds.  That's why he doesn't notice the car stopping on the side or the giant that exits the car, making his way to the trio.

“Suho what’s going on?” hearing Chanyeol, Suho breaks away from the two women who are still sobbing. Chanyeol freezes recognizing his soulmate.

“Hani.” Suho pulls Hani away, as she’s still sobbing. 

"please keep her safe." Hani whispers, letting Suho guide them inside. He nods at Suho, appreciating the privacy.

Bomi tries to stop her tears, but one look at Chanyeol’s angry face, she bursts into tears again. Chanyeol is angry at her, but watching her body shake with each sob, and noticing how fragile she looks, he doesn't let the anger take over him and chooses to awkwardly wraps his arms around, her petite frame perfectly fitting into him and though her tears soak through his shirt, he continues to pat gently rub her back.


“That’s our boy!!!” Baekhyun yells from his “hiding” spot behind the curtain as the beagle line and maknae line watch Chanmi as they have nicknamed the couple and of course Suha for Suho and Hani. 

“What are you guys doing?” Suho asks, entering the living room with Hani in tow as she's trying to wipe her tears off.

“Spying on Chanmi.” Kai says, not even look to greet them. Hani quickly runs to the window to join in the spying.

“Look at Chanyeol, he looks so happy.” Baekhyun muses, as Chanyeol rubs Bomi’s back to calm her down.

“How can you even tell, you’re on the 16th floor. Idiot.” D.O scoffs from the couch, turning his attention back to the movie. Suho joins Lay and DO on the couch.

“Oh, where are they going?” Hani pipes up.

“If we hurry, we might be able to catch up to them” Baekhyun urges, the others agree and hurriedly rush out to follow Chanmi. Suho doesn't even try to stop them, D.O does roll his eyes at the eager behavior.

"Hyung, where are you heading of to?" Suho asks, noticing Minseok head for the door.

"Filming. I won't be retuning tonight." He tells them, the three wave back with good luck cheers and he's off.


“Here.” Chanyeol breaks her out her trance, handing her a bottle of water, before taking a seat on the other swing. They’re currently at the playground at the park across the dorms.

“I’m sorry.” Bomi starts out after almost 5 minutes of silence, Chanyeol hums letting her know he’s listening. She starts swinging lightly before speaking again.

"What do you know about my family?" She asks.

"The Kang's seem to be your family." He's confused answering, because now that he thinks about it, he's not sure he's ever heard you mention your parents.

"The Kang's are my family. Seoyoung aunty is my mom and Heechul uncle is my father. Though we're not blood-related, they've shown me more love than my actual parents ever did." She chuckles, though it's humorless and Chanyeol finally looks at her, only for his to heart break at the sadness radiating from her.

"Do you remember Kim Manse?" Bomi asks, the confusion is clear on his face and he wonders what that has to do with her, but he nods. Who doesn't know Manse, before his unfortunate death 10 years ago, he was a well known name in the entertainment industry. Sure he had rumors surrounding his personal life, but his acting skills and handsome face made up for it.

"He was a good actor, wasn't he?" She asks, he nods realizing she's not looking at him, he mumbles out a yeah.

"He was also married to Kwon Yunji. They were soulmates." She tells him. 

"Kwon Yunji? The youngest daughter of Kwon Industries?" Chanyeol asks, he sees her nod her head.

"Yeah, the youngest daughter. It's funny how that happened right. The pampered daughter of a multimillion company ends up being the soulmate of an actor. Seems perfect right." Her sarcastic tone, doesn't escape him, but he doesn't bring it up, knowing she'll explain it to him.

"I'm the current CEO of Kwon Industries." His eyes wide hearing that and before he can stop himself he asks.

"Are you Kwon Yunji and Kim Manse's daughter?" Hearing the question out loud, he feels dumb asking the question but seeing Bomi nod her head he doesn't know how to react.

"As soon as they realized they're soulmates, they were quick to get married. After a year, they had me, however the day of my 3rd birthday, he demands a divorce from Mom. I didn't know what went wrong, but the two ended up splitting and I was left with my mother. My mother, who resented the sight of me, because I looked so much like that cheat. I didn't know what she meant, until I saw the news of him getting married to another actress. Me being my stupid self went to talk to him and he basically told me, he didn't give a crap about me. My mother got boring for him and he needed a pretty face. So, at the age of 12, I learned what it felt to be unwanted." She chuckles bitterly and Chanyeol already has tears running down his cheeks.

"I met the Kang's because of my grandfather.  When he found out about the emotional abuse I suffered living with mom, he asked the Kang's to take care of me and they graciously accepted. Till the day she died, My mother kept blaming me for him leaving her. When I heard the chime, I was so happy that I found my soulmate, but I was confused because I wasn't supposed to meet you for another three years. After the happiness and confusion passed and i realized you were, I panicked. I've been panicking because I know you're not like him, but the situation is so similar it scares me. And then I heard about your past and I made assumptions and judged you. Rather than being heartbroken, I realize it's better to not invest in a relationship that's going to end-"

“How do you know?” Chanyeol questions her.

“Excuse me.”  

“How are you so sure we’re not going to work?” he asks her.

“You’re Park Chanyeol.” She yells, abandoning the swing.

“So.”

“You. You're constantly surrounded by gorgeous people day and night, you yourself are amazing and not to mention your amazing reputation at being a ladies charmer ”  

“I stopped. The day I meet you. I stopped.”

“Why start seeing other women knowing you have a soulmate?” She questions him, turning to meet his gaze.

“Thought so.” Bomi whispers leaving behind a frozen Chanyeol.


“You know, I’ve always wondered for someone who claims to have been waiting for his soulmate, you sure didn’t act like it.” Hani says stepping out from their hiding spot behind the slides.

“I mean, I thought I was in love with someone else, but you don’t seem to have that issue.” Hani bluntly states. The others soon emerge from the hiding spots as well, Kai runs away noticing the grim expression on Chanyeol’s face, while the other three males look at the scene warily. 

“Look. Her parents did a huge ton on her self-esteem, add bullies and it basically destroyed every single ounce of self-esteem in her. Just take that into account, before you make another move.” Hani says, leaving with a blank Sehun on her trail.

“Yeollie.” Baekhyun softly calls out, stepping towards him.

“I’m - I need time. Excuse me.” Baekhyun and Chen watch him speed away.

"He won't do anything reckless. Right?." 

Wrapping an arm around the other, "We can only hope. Let's go. We have a busy day tomorrow."  


“You just said,  you were in love with someone else.” Sehun says as they enter the lobby making their way to the elevator.

“So.”

“SO. SO. You’re IN LOVE WITH SUHO HYUNG now. RIGHT.” Sehun yells, jumping around like an excited puppy.

Taking a hold of his arm, “Stop. Stop. I’m not sure if I’m in love with Suho, but I know I’m not in love with Jihoon anymore. I mean I still love him as a friend, but thinking of him doesn’t hurt my heart nor do I have butterflies in my stomach, like I used to.” She hesitantly says, biting on her lips.

“How do you feel around Hyung then?” Sehun asks her.

“Warm. Happy. Nervous. Fluttering. I’m not sure.” She says, but with the smile on her face it’s obvious that she does have feelings for Suho.

“But, Sehun. It’s only been five weeks since I’ve known him. I can’t possibly be in love with him.” Hani nervously asks him.

“Why not. Suho hyung fell in love at first sight. So why can’t you fall in love in five weeks. Hani five weeks are a long time to fall in love.” Sehun tells her, as the elevator door open.

Hani tugs on Sehun’s sleeve as he’s exiting the elevator “Sehun, I’m just going to leave. I don’t think I can see Suho right now.”

“Wait, here. I’ll drive you back.”

“No. It’s fine.” Hani says. 

“I insist. Suho hyung will kill me I let you leave alone.” Sehun tells her walking back to get his keys.

“I’ll wait here then.”

“Got it.”