Acceptance

Moving Forward

“The last time we were here was after Hansol put you in charge of his position.”

“Two years and nothing has changed.” Jihoon reminisces, as Hani joins him at the edge of the rock. “Still just as pretty as the day we found it.” Hani smiles, recalling stumbling across a small path leading away from their usual hiking path which allows them a beautiful view from the rock overlooking the lake.

“I’m glad you found him.” Jihoon says, eyeing the numbers on her wrist that keep increasing.

"Me too." She sniffs,  putting her head down as tears rapidly fall down her cheeks.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” The dam breaks as Jihoon wraps his arms around her to comfort her as she keeps sobbing and apologizing.

“It’s fine. Han. It is fine. I’m not upset. I understand. I promise, I’m fine.” He comforts her, but that doesn't stop the sobbing or apologies.


“Hoonie is the sweetest person ever.” Hanna cries after Haneul informs the group of his return and the reason of his departure.

“That’s not sweet, he’s a coward.” Bomi and Nayoung says in unison.

“He was in love with her. She was in love with him. But just because her soulmate showed up, he was scared to fight for her. No wonder she moved on, he left her when she really needed him. I mean look at Taeyoung, he didn’t run away when Chanyeol showed up.” Nayoung explains.

“Such a prime example, you’re talking as if Younggie and Bomi are now dating.” Hansol points out, completely ignoring the EXO members in the room.

“Yeah, but when she left, Younggie followed her and for five weeks they were alone. You don’t know what happened between them.” Nayoung retorts. Bomi and Taeyoung share a knowing glance, causing both of them to blush and look away quickly. Chanyeol noticing the exchange, pulls Bomi closer to his chest, in an attempt to shield her from Taeyoung.

“Oh My Gosh. Something did happen? What happened?” Nayoung demands, jumping to her feet and shaking Taeyoung's shoulders.

"Nothing." Both of them quickly defend and once again after a quick eye lock, they look away quickly.

"Younggie, how are things with Bona?" Hanna asks. 

The temperature suddenly drops and had it not been for the elevator dinging, Hanna would have experienced the famous cold glare of Song Taeyoung. Hani and Jihoon’s voice alerts everyone of their arrival and the group quickly get on their feet, expect Chanyeol since he's still has a cast on his foot.

No one says a word as the two best friends come into the room completely drenched, head to toe and clothes sticking to their body like a second skin.

"What the fu*k?" Nayoung asks, looking between the two, bickering and joking just like old times. Jihoon has an arm around her neck, while her arm is wrapped around his waist.

"Go change first, you're getting water all over the floors." Haneul rolls his eyes at the two and they quickly head off to their rooms. Nayoung and Bomi run to catch up behind Hani, while Haneul follows after his best friend.


Flashback

"You know when I first saw you, I expected the chime to go off. I really did, even at that age, because I found you absolutely breathtaking." Jihoon starts.

"Liar, when you met me, you kept teasing me about being  a kid." She pokes his ribs, but he happily lets her.

"It was fun angering you. I loved it because it meant your attention was on me. At first I enjoyed that so much and that's why I worked so hard on getting on you to notice me. We were young and we didn't understand the whole concept of soulmates, so I deluded myself into thinking we could work together. But as we got older and learned more, I realized things don't always workout the way we would like it too. The day Minkyu found Nayoung, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't take our relationship further, or atleast until we were both sure and that could only happen after we found our soulmates. That's why I left, knowing you wouldn't even bother giving Suho a chance if I was constantly around you." She's finally stopped sobbing and there's only a few occasional tears. 

"You know what else I realized during that time, you were never truly in love with me." "Hoo-" 

"Because if you were, you won't have fallen in love with Suho."  "Hoon-"

"I'm not blaming you, well I am somewhat, but I'll get over it. I'm sure I'll find my soulmate soon." He teases.

"I think you're right. I probably never loved as more than a friend, but I think you also overestimated your feelings for me." She tells him.

"Oh. Am I talking to psychologist Hani right now?" Jihoon jokes, and the small smile on her face is the yes he needs. "Please explain."

"If you truly loved me, you would have stayed back and fought. But you choose the coward's method and ran away." She bluntly states and Jihoon visibly flinces.

"Point noted. However, like I said, If you loved me, you wouldn't have moved on to Suho, you would still be waiting for me. Unless you're using Suho as a rebound?" Jihoon raises an eyebrow.

"He's not a rebound. My feelings for Myeon are genuine, thank you very much." She defends.

"How are you so sure?"  Jihoon asks,

"Because not talking or seeing Myeon for more than three days is physically and mentally taxing."

"Ouch."

"I'm so sorry Hoonie."

"It's not your fault. I guess you're right. Leaving you was so easy and no amount of excuses will make up for it." He shrugs it off.

"I really love him. I don't think I can function properly if he were to leave me." She confesses.

"Hearing you say that doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would." Jihoon smiles and she can't stop the apologies.

"Jihoon."

"I'm glad you've found someone who makes you feel that way and I hope he always brings out your good side, the world's being suffering Bi*ch Hani for 25 years now, and we demand change." Jihoon jokes, and just like that all the guilt is tossed out the window.

"How dare you?" She asks, pushing him off the rock, but somehow he manages to wrap an arm around her leg and drag her with him.


"They were both drenched when they came in and they looked like chummy for not having spoken in months." Hansol comments, trying to get a reaction out of his sister's soulmate, with the male continues to wear a charming smile.

"Chen-ssi, did I mention my sister's obsession with you?" Hansol doesn't even turn towards the former, keeping his eyes on Suho.

"I mean I see the posters." Chen points around the room.

"This isn't anything. Her home office is the real treasure and she has a few posters in her room, but I think Hanna had them removed.Anything that had your face or name on it, she wouldn't hesitate to buy. People usually have pictures of their families framed, but since the day she heard you sing, it's been your face. I could give you guys a tour if you like?" Hansol offers and the members quickly accept. Hanna and Seunjae decline and continue lazying on the sofa, while Minkyu and Taeyoung follow to record the members reaction and Younjae is just as curious.


"Holy Mother of -"

"Chen"

As soon as the door is opened, they're greeted with a huge poster of Chen in the hallway. There's a few pictures scattered on the walls as well, but the thing that draws their attention is the bookshelf behind the desk. There's two entire shelves filled with signed Chen and EXO albums and there's a copy of every single album and version released.

The stationary on her desk is from their company's shop and they're all Chen's items.

"Turn around" Hansol smirks, and the members turn, only to freeze at the sight.

On the wall, there are fairy lights attached and next to each light, there's a photo card hanging. On closer look, each photo card is Chen's. The entire wall is covered with every and all Chen photocard.

"How did she get all of these?" Someone asks.

"Nayoung and Bomi are huge fans as well, so whenever they got a Chen photocard, it would automatically go to Hani." Haneul answers, smirking at the small pout on Suho's face.

"What about Bomi?" Chanyeol can't stop himself.

"Bomi's top favorites are Suho and Kai. And Nayoung didn't have a favorite, " theyr'e soo handsome, how can I choose" Minkyu fondly mocks his girlfriend.

"Suho and Kai, huh." Chanyeol glares at the two, Kai hides behind Lay, while Suho continues to pout at Chen.

"What you guys doing here?" Haneul asks from the door.

"I'm showing them around."

"Do that later, We need to talk."


"Chanyeol. Real name: Park Chanyeol. Member of EXO. Role: Main Rapper. Is that right?”  Jihoon glares at him. Chanyeol is extremely nervous looking at his soulmate's cousin, but he doesn't avoid his eyes.

“Y-es.” Chanyeol hesitantly answers. 

"I'm assuming my cousin has mentioned me." Chanyeol nods.

"I've watched my sister cry too many times already, so think twice before you hurt her any way. I'm sure Hani and Nayoung already talked to you, but seeing as I'm the older brother, I won't sit still if you ever make her cry. Do we understand?" Jihoon asks, and the giant is too scared to say anything but quickly nod along.

"Good. Now, Suho-ssi." Everyone notices the change in tone. "I would like to talk to you in private." Jihoon says, walking towards the balcony, Sehun has to nudge Suho, and soon the leader is following after him.

"I'm not sure how much Hani has told you about us." Jihoon starts.

"Enough to know, if you hadn't left I might not have had a chance to be with her." Suho answers.

"Oh okay. I'm glad I left then. Hani and I have know each other for around 15 years now. The minute I saw her, I wanted to get her attention and I successfully managed that. After that, the connection between the two of us grew and we somehow became each other's rock. Even if I had Haneul and she had Bomi. We were there for each other whenever the other needed. Yes, I have romantic feelings for her, but more than that I lean on her as a friend. She's turly a pillar in my life and without her I would fall apart." Seeing the distrust on Suho's face, he quickly clarifies. "I sorry. I think I'm going the wrong way with this. What I meant was, Hani is an important person in my life and though the two of you are together, I hope you wouldn't mind me occasionally calling for her attention. Whenver I need someone to talk to, Hani is the first one I call and I'll try my best to not depend strongly on her, but it's going to be a long process." He finishes.

"I'm not going to control who Hani can talk to and who she can't. That's not right. I'm also certain you hold a piece of her heart and the last thing i want is to hurt her. I love her and whatever makes her happy, makes me happy." Suho says. The two stand in silence for a few minutes before the balcony doors open once again and Hani walks out with a small smile.

“I don't think the two of you have ever been introduced?” Hani cheekily says, wrapping an arm around Suho's waist and leaning against him and bringing his own arm to rest around her hips.

"Myeon, meet Jihoon, who I lovingly call Hoonie. My closest friend in the world, after Bomi." The three chuckle and Suho slightly relaxes.

"Hoonie, meet Junmyeon, my soulmate and boyfriend." She smiles at her boyfriend. 

"Nice to meet you." Junmyeon extends his hand, Jihoon happily accepts it.

"I hope to get along with you." Jihoon smiles,

"Same here."

"Me three." Hani excitedly jumps.


"What are you doing?" The male looks at his soulmate weirdly, since he kissed him in front of everyone, forgetting the fact not many people know of their relationship.

"There was some cream on your lips." His soon-to-be spouse answers cheekily, looking quite proud of himself. They don't notice everyone staring at them, some in surprise, some in glee and some in playful disgust combined with a we've-seen-this-too-many times expression. 

"There's something known as tissues" The guy answers, slightly annoyed. But his fiance doesn't seem to mind, since he's still pecking the younger male and leaving sloppy kisses all over his face, the kisses would have continued had they had leaned back slightly causing them to fall on the floor.

"Hyungs innocent eyes. How long have I been telling you this?" Sehun screams at the two men on the floor, slightly disgusted (jealous) with their lovey-dovey behavior.

"6 years and running. I don't think they really give a care, and poor Sehun is just jealous." Lay 'whispers' to Hani, shaking his head, watching one of the oldest member childishly bickering wiht the youngest.

No one notices the elevator opening and a petite woman skipping into the living room, until she yells.

"Hani. I got it. I figured it out. All we needed was-" The ever wonderful chime strikes again, once Min makes eye contact with the tall EXO member. And soon everyone turns their attention from the couple on the floor to the tall male standing over the couple, face rid of anger as his eyes turn glassy. Hani's sure she sees a tear.

"Hi." Min waves, causing Sehun to turn as bright as a tomato.

"Guys, meet Minyoung Lee, my research assistant. She's currently working on earing her Master's in Clinical Psychology at SNU and a really good friend." Hani introduces.

"And Min, I'm sure you know EXO." Hani smirks at her. "Min absolutely adores you Baekhyun." That causes Baekhyun to immediately stand up.

"Really?" The puppy-look in his eyes proves to be working, since Min looks closes to fainting at the closeness between her idol and her.

"Chen control your soulmate or Sehun might just end up killing him." Minseok jokes helps Chen to his feet, as Sehun pouts at his hyung and soulmate.

"Hani, do you have anymore friends? One of them might just be mine." Kai jokes

"Maybe I should?" Hani winks at him, and Lay joins in as well.

"Atleast she's not running away, just like someone we know. " Chen comments, looking at Bomi and Hani.

The two turn to glare at him, while their soulmates and everyone else laugh at the memory.

"We didn't run away. We even had lunch togehter." Hani clarifies and Bomi nods along. 

"I'm sure Sehun and Min would like to talk to each other." Suho suggests and the two quickly nod.

"I'll handle manager hyung." Suho assures Sehun before the elevator doors close.

"We're gonna go. Chanyeol has an appointment tomorrow." Bomi informs them and after restless teasing and a few threats to Chanyeol the couple finally leaves as well.

"We should head out as well. It's getting quite late." Minseok stands up and the after the third set of greetings, everyone's walking back to the elevator.

"Suho hyung, are you not coming?" Kai questions, since the leader is still standing with his girlfriend.

"He's staying the night over." Hani answers for him and before the teasing can start again, she grabs his hand and pulls him towards the stairs.

"If I hear anything, I'm breaking the door." They hear Haneul yell from the living room, only causing them to run faster. They're both dissolve in a fit of laughter falling on the bed and trying to catch up on their breath.

"God I love you."

"I love you too."

Thankfully, Haneul doesn't have to break her door, but on their 100th day anniversary, they're more than glad to celebrate it at Junmyeon's apartment.


I have no idea how to write endings. Wasn't supposed to be this long. Infact it was supposed to be a one shot, but the more I wrote the longer it got.

But yeah. It feels so weird to click the complete tab on here. But it's an amazing feeling.