Wish - 7 (End)

4 Letters 1 Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys sorry I took a little longer to update the last part of Wish. I wanted to make this ending memorable. I might do an Epilogue for Wish because I want this to have a meaningful ending for Jinsoo. I enjoyed writing about their love story, even though it was sad and full of angst but still me being the er for good endings that I am decided to make this ending memorable. Comment below if you want to see and Epilogue or would you rather I post Lisa's story next. BTW I enjoyed #Jenningman haha. Thank you so much for those who commented especially daedrey and lonergirl. I'm a er for long comments guys, it makes me feel like my writing is worth the read, so I would really appreciate your long comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter! God bless! And love lots 

- XSalvia

 

 

7

 

“Mom! I’m going out!” Woo-yeon told her happily.

“Young man where are you heading off to again?” She asked him, as she went out of her art studio wearing her a plain cotton shirt, blue denim jeans and a white paint-stained apron paired. Her hair was tied in a simple low ponytail and she smudges of paint on her forehead and cheeks. Her apron had large pockets and she stuck her brushes of different types inside them. If there was one thing to be said about her craft, it’s the fact that she painted messily. She didn’t mind because she loved what she was doing. And things got really messy when she was excited to paint something.

“Mommy, you have paint on your face.” Woo-yeon pointed out smilingly.

She grinned a little at her son’s antics of trying to pacify her anger. But wasn’t going to work. For the past weeks, she had noticed that her beloved Woo-yeon was going out a lot, and it worried her where he was going.

“I’m going to meet my friend. Remember? I told you I met a friend 2 week ago?” her son told her.

Yes, she did remember. He was very happy telling her about his new friend. And for a while, she was pleased until her son decided to spend more time with this new friend of his than at home with her.

And each day that Woo-yeon spent more time with his friend, she grew more worried. What if this friend was a bad influence? What if he taught Woo-yeon bad manners? Or even worse bad attitude? She was a first-time mom, after all, she didn’t know how to handle a misbehaving kid.

“Maybe, I should read about that later. I’m sure the parenting books mom lent me has a topic on how to deal with child misbehavior.” she thought to herself.

“Mom? Can I go?’ Woo-yeon asked her sweetly, disturbing her trail of thoughts, but her expression was stern.

“Look, young man. Tell your friend that if he wants to hang out with you then I need to meet him.” She said in full confidence. “And that you should hang out here in the house, not at the playground or some store.”

Woo-yeon smiled at her words and happily chirped “Ok, mom I’ll introduce him to you. And I’ll tell him that we should hang out here in the house instead!”

“But, I need to go to him first because I don’t have his number and I don’t have a phone,” he added.

“Alright, but come back quick, okay?” she instructed. Woo-yeon nodded and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out.

 

He smiled upon seeing Woo-yeon. For the past 2 weeks, Woo-yeon had been the comforting presence he needed in his life. It was weird actually how comfortable and familiar he felt around his new friend who was 22 years younger than him. Woo-yeon was like an all in one friend. There were times when he was like a confidant, he listened to his problems without a hint of judging. Unlike his friends or so-called friends who began looking down on him the moment they heard of his illness and what had happened. They all had something to say about him, good or bad, mostly bad. Their companionship was so toxic that he decided to just stay away from them.

But Woo-yeon wasn't like them, Woo-yeon listened to his problems and always gave logical and rational solutions. In the back of his mind, he couldn't believe he was talking to an 8-year old about serious grown-up problems.

"My mom shares her problems to me a lot. So, I know more than an 8-year-old should. And I read a lot too!" Woo-yeon told him when he questioned the child about his sage-like wisdom. He chuckled at the memory.

 

There were times as well when Woo-yeon was like a hyung, the kid would sermon him about his faults.

"You shouldn't have pushed your ex-wife away. Do you have any idea how much courage she had to gather just to tell you how she felt?" Woo-yeon said to him annoyed.

"But I can't make her happy!" he reasoned.

"According to whom? According to her or according to you?!" Woo-yeon asked. He froze at Woo-yeon’s words. It was like a wake-up call to him.

"You made a decision about what makes her happy. Well, that's stupid. This is about her happiness. HER. Not YOU. So if you want to know what won't make her happy and what would. You should ask HER! Not make stupid assumptions! What would you feel if you weren't sterile and your parents said - 'Hey having kids won't make you happy'- and they cut off your balls? Hmm?" Woo-yeon asked him with hands on his waist.

"The expression on your face tells it all. You didn't ask her! Maybe she doesn't want kids anymore! Maybe she spends every night crying because she still loves you and she misses you so much. Did you even think about that?"

He looked at Woo-yeon with guilt filled eyes. The only thing he could answer to the child was shake his head.

"Why do you know so much about this?" he asked. Woo-yeon sat down and looked at his feet.

"Because my mom's ex-husband did exactly what you did. He doesn't know how sad and lonely my mom is. He doesn't know that she cries every night. He doesn't know that she tries to be strong because she had me to worry about. He doesn't know that she secretly puts him in her paintings. How like every painting she made, there would be a man hidden somewhere. Only I know that. Only I know how much she cries. How hurt she is. And how much she still loves him." Woo-yeon said sadly, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"My mom is a great person. She's kind. She's pure-hearted. She's generous. And she's selfless. Sometimes I wish that she wasn't so kind. That she was selfish. That she wasn't so generous. Maybe then she wouldn't be miserable now." Woo-yeon added.

"If your mom wasn't was she is now. She wouldn't be your mom. Your right though. Your mom is a great woman for raising a son like you. Women like her are rare." He conceded.

"Your ex-wife is a great woman," Woo-yeon stated.

"Yeah, she is. If I were given another chance, I would talk to her and ask her what makes her happy." He said as he looked up at the clear blue sky.

 

"Hey slow down champ!" he called out to Woo-yeon who was walking fast towards him.

"My," Woo-yeon said slightly out of breath.

"Mom said she wants to meet you," Woo-yeon added composing himself.

"Really?" He asked a bit confused.

"My mom wants to find out if you're a good guy. She's sort of mad at me for always going out of the house. So yeah. She wants to meet you." Woo-yeon said.

Wow. Come to think of it he does spend an awfully long time with Woo-yeon on the park. If he was Woo-yeon's dad, he would become suspicious too.

"I'm going to prove to your mom that I'm not a bad influence," he stated.

"Good coz we're going to our house," Woo-yeon said.

"Wait, I need to buy something for her. What does your mom like?" He asked. He wanted to bring something as an appeasement.

"She likes chicken," Woo-yeon answered as they walked. He looked tired.

"Come here. I'll give you a piggyback ride." He said. Woo-yeon smiled and he crouched low to allow his friend to get on his back. He pulled Woo-yeon's arms around his neck.

"Hold tight." He said and Woo-yeon did. He stood up and carried his friend on his back.

"So your mom like chicken. My ex-wife also likes chicken," he stated as he walked towards the store. He remembered that they sold delicious fried chicken there.

"What kind?" Woo-yeon asked.

"Spicy. But sometimes she likes the regular especially when she's mad." He explained.

"Then buy the regular. My mom's mad." Woo-yeon ordered.

Huh? What does his mom’s anger have to do with his Jisoo loving regular when she’s mad? There were times when Woo-yeon was sort of weird, now was one of those times. But the again maybe angry women like regular fried chicken.

"Do all women like regular chicken when they're mad?" he asked Woo-yeon who answered maybe.

'Alright then, we'll buy regular." He said happily with Woo-yeon giggling on his back.

 

"Woo-yeon is bringing his friend over," she told herself. This was her son's first friend. She should be nice. She went to the kitchen and decided to make some Victorian sandwiches from the leftover sponge cake and jam that she had in the cupboard. She wasn't her niece Jennie's level when it came to cooking but at least she could bake. Though she wasn't an excellent cook, she was happy to say that the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter