Wish - 5 (Jisoo)

4 Letters 1 Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5

 

Air France Flight AF262 from Paris arriving in 15 minutes.

 

He heard the announcement and he became giddy in an instant. After five long years, which felt like an eternity if you ask him, his baby sister was finally coming home. He remembered how much disagreement he and his hyung Ji-han had, given after she voiced out her desire to study abroad.

 

Flashback

“I want to go to France to study art, everyone.” Jisoo has said energetically and full of hope.

“Why do you need to go to France? Art is easy! Watch! All you need to do is get a brush and do like this!” his Ji-han hyung demonstrated, while sweeping his hands up in the air pretending to hold an imaginary brush. He made swift hand movements which he thought looked cool but all he ended up doing was look like a person swatting a fly.

“Pat pat pat.” he said as he continued to swat the air as if a mosquito was flying around him.

Jisoo made a straight face and said “That is the reason why I need to study art abroad.” as she pointed at Ji-han hyung.

His other siblings groaned.

 

No matter what protests they put out to their parents, his mom and dad decided that if Jisoo wanted to study abroad then she could study abroad.

 

“That guy she is dating better be as handsome as me.” he heard is Ji-han hyung say and he groaned. This was one of the reasons why he disagreed heavily with her going out into the world on her own. He couldn’t stop her marriage to that jerk Jin. But he thought “at least now that she was divorced he could protect her from boys.” Wrong assumption because a year after she went abroad she said she met the most amazing guy ever. He complained and whined about this to his mother who said.

“Yoon-gi what do you expect? She’s a grown woman. What do you plan to turn her into a nun?”

“But mom! Boys are bad! They’ll just hurt her!” he reasoned earning him a smack on the head from his dad.

His hyung also presented the same argument, all he earned was a beating.

“Kim Ji-han this is the reason why YOU’RE NOT MARRIED YET!” his father yelled at him.

His noonas also tried to show their disapproval and annoyance at Jisoo going into a relationship but their parents had turned a deaf ear. He knew that his noonas especially his Hee-ran and Hyo-jung noona were angry and shockingly agreed at the same topic. Hye-rin and Hye-kyo noona were also disappointed. Note his Hee-ran noon and Hyo-jung noona almost always never agree on anything!

 

Jisoo and that guy, what’s his name, have been going out for 4 years now. That as***** did not have the decency to show himself to their family. And no matter how much sleuthing he and his Ji-han hyung did they couldn’t get a glimpse of him. All his noonas also tried to meet with him but he was always out of the house. At first he wanted to think he was just an imaginary guy but his parents have met him numerous times and that made all of them her siblings even madder!

 

“Hah! Finally we get to meet him.” he heard Ji-han hyung said with an evil smirk.

“Let’s give him hell hyung.” He said in agreement.

“I’m going to serve him my uber spicy stew.” his Hyo-jung noona stated.

“That Woo-yeon better prepare himself.” Hee-ran said with gritted teeth.

“Will you all behave?” their mom told them causing them to bow their heads.

 

The people boarding the flight started to come out of terminal 2. They kept vigilant waiting to see their petite of sibling. When he saw her, he put all thought of revenge aside and flayed his hands up in excitement.

“Chichu!!!” he yelled like a crazy fanboy while his Ji-han hyung shouted and jumped up like a deranged sasaeng.

As she drew closer to them he realized that she had purple hair! She literally jumped into his arms and gave him a very tight hug.

“Oppa I missed you so much!” she stated. If other people saw them they would mistake them for lovers, blame all that on their Ji-han hyung. Ever since they were a child Ji-han hyung taught them to act all lovey dovey.

“It’s our greatest line of defense Yoon-gi if people think you guys are dating then they won’t come near our baby sis.” his hyung told him. And it did work, from preschool up to high school no boy ever approached Jisoo, until now.

“So where’s that boyfriend of yours?” Hee-ran noona asked coldly.

“Unnie why are you looking for Woo-yeon when I’m right here?” Jisoo asked cutely.

“Not. Working missy. Where’s that guy so I can teach him manners.” Hee-ran noon added sternly.

He looked around as saw no one, Ji-han hyung also neared the gate looking for a guy. The only other person they saw were a petite Caucasian looking woman and a young Asian boy holding their baggage waiting for someone. And a group of Chinese tourists who were rowdy as a group of hyenas. They made his Ji-han hyung sound tame. The woman and the boy on the other hand both looked nervous, he was sure they were tourist as well here in the country for the first time.

Jisoo let out a sigh turned around smiled. Suddenly they saw her motion towards the woman and child. When they wouldn’t bulge she spoke.

“Woo-yeon-ah come here and greet your uncles and aunts.”

The young boy they saw came forward taking slow careful steps towards them. He grasped Jisoo’s left arm and did a shaky, nervous bow.

“Hello aunty, and uncles. I’m Kim Woo-yeon. I’m sorry if I don’t have good manners.”

They were all tongue tied.

Their mom and dad on the other hand rushed to give the boy a hug.

Jisoo wrapped a protective arm around the boy. “This Woo-yeon my adopted son. Please be kind to him.”

He was still in shock mode when his Hye-kyo and Hye-rin noona came forward and hugged the boy, his Hee-ran and Hyo-jung fought as who would hug him. And he snapped out of his trance to greet his nephew.

Jisoo had no boyfriend. She had a son!

 

Woo-yeon sat at the dining table confused as to what he should eat.

"Woo-yeon-ah this is my special beef stew. Try it." Hyo-jung told the boy while pushing near him the big bowl of mouthwatering dish.

"No, try these special dumplings first." Hee-ran countered while trying to push away Hyo-jung's stew and presenting her juicy meat and veggie filled dumpling which had steam rising out of its crispy skin.

"Why are you two fighting, take those two away. Woo-yeon-ah try these noodles, their easy on the stomach." Hye-rin said putting in from of the boy a platter of glass noodles coated in glistening aromatic blackish brown sauce.

"Look at you three. Woo-yeon-ah if you want you can try these instead. These are savory pancakes." Hye-kyo said while presenting colorful veggie pancakes, freshly fried and crispy.

"Noona's what are you all doing?! Don't feed him those veggies!" Ji-han said entering the room carrying a platter of freshly grilled meat that smelled mouthwatering.

"Woo-yeon try these barbecued pork loins instead.

"Hyung! Woo-yeon try these fried rice instead." Yoon-gi interjected.

 

Woo-yeon stared at all of them confused. His aunts and uncles were all presenting different food. He didn't know which to choose and whose to choose. He clutched his spoon and fork looking lost. Jisoo came into the dining room carrying a pitcher of iced persimmon tea just in time to see her son flustered.

"Mom!" he called almost immediately after spotting her. She laughed and neared him. She looked at her siblings and shook her head.

"Seriously oppas, unnies. You're confusing my kid. Just choose what you want baby, they all taste good." she told her flustered son. Woo-yeon looked up at his mother and stared at the food in front of him decided.

"I'll just get a serving of each so I can taste all of them." he said cheekily. Jisoo's siblings all looked happy at his reply. He took small portions of each dish, and tasted each one drinking a glass of water before each bite.

"To cleanse the palate." Jisoo explained.

After tasting each one raised up his thumbs saying they're all good.

"Which one tasted the best?" Hyo-jung asked. Causing Hee-ran to roll her eyes and Hye-rin and Hye-kyo to say "Mine of course." with a smile. Ji-han and Yoon-gi also said "Mine's the best."

 

Jisoo covered her eyes with her right hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter