Whims - 3 (Lisa)

4 Letters 1 Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! I'm back. Here's chapter 3 of Lisa and Chanyeol's story. Can you guess why the title is "Wish" for Jinsoo and "Whims" for Lisyeol? Any way Audrey and L-girl will make their appearance in the next chapter. Enjoy! I hope you can comment.

 

3

 

"So what I'm a rockstar! I got my rock moves!" he was screaming at the top of his lungs, causing her to look at him, and roll her eyes at the sight.
She took out her earphones, fully deciding to plug it into her ear just to drown out his voice. For some weird reason, she didn’t like hearing him sing. Which was weird since she always enjoyed his hearing his voice before. He looked at her and smiled that cheeky smile of his. She felt her hand holding the earphone slide down in retreat. She stared the car window instead, watching the scenery of the shoreline pass them by. The weather was nice today, the sky was clear and the azure-somewhat-cyan blue waters looked beautiful in contrast to the light latte colored sand.
"It's pretty right?" she heard him ask. She nodded her head in reply.

She saw birds fly over their car, and caught herself daydreaming. What would it be like living here? Like raising a kid near the sea? Kid? Hmm... She was pregnant after all. It must be nice going to the beach every day with their child. She imagined a baby boy with ears just like her monkey, and caught herself smiling at the thought. A family, for the first time in her life, she was thinking of being a mom.

“Cru?" he called out. She turned to look at him, just in time to see the sun hit the side of his face, illuminating his features. It's not the first time she saw Park Chanyeol as handsome, in fact, she had realized that he was quite the catch early on in their marriage. Sure there were a lot of guys who courted her who looked like they were the reincarnation of Adonis, but they didn't have the homey warmth that he had. He always gave her the feeling of belonging, whenever he looked at her.

She was reflected in his eyes and she knew there was more to those reflections than what meets the eye. She was Park Chanyeol and Park Chanyeol was her. They were the counterpart of each other, each living a rebel life. Each with heavy mommy and daddy issues. Chanyeol abhorred his dad and had a sweet but longing painful sentiment for his mother. She, on the other hand, hated her mom and had a deep longing admiration for her dad. Both their parents abandoned them at some point in their life. He was abandoned physically while she was abandoned emotionally.
 
They both left home at a very young age. Unable to live in the ashes that were once their homes and with the ghosts that their parents created. He was 12 when he ran away and lived in a house given by his mother, a gift made out of conscience. She referred to it as  “A guilty woman’s consolation for her sins.”  
He had worked his off at the port, and as a hired help of a fisherman to finish high school. Then held almost 10 jobs so he can finish his college education. She, on the other hand, left home at 14. She decided to move out and live in an apartment given by her great-grandmother Hye-Ja. She worked a graveyard job as a store assistant, then later on promoted to cashier, just to finish high school. 
College came and she applied for a government scholarship, which she passed. Then worked from sunset to dusk with only 2 hours of sleep each day.

They had worked so hard to attain what they have now, despite hailing from affluent families, with millions in Trusts created by their parents. They both decided to make their own destinies. And show their families that they don't need them or their wealth.

The high-end apartment they live in, they paid for it with their hard earned cash. Chanyeol with his work as a freelance web developer, and master computer programmer. His freelance work later allowed him to create his small, but well-known web development and computer programming company CRU Inc.
 
At first, she wanted to slap him silly for his company's name. She was sure he was intentionally making fun of her by using "Cru", short for Cruella, as his company name. But, later on, she realized that he didn't do it because he wanted to piss her off, but because he wanted her to be the reason for his success.

And become successful he did. CRU Inc. took off, and he became a secret rich man with millions of dollars in banks in South Korea and other countries. She, on the other hand, became a government doctor, working as a volunteer in rural towns around the country. Her family was horrified at the thought of her just being a small town doctor, instead of an award-winning physician like the rest of her relatives. But, she was proud of her job. There is nothing to be ashamed of in serving others.

Her profound knowledge of the stock market, and Chanyeol’s love for the movie "Wall Street" allowed her to build a fortune for herself in the stock market. Shockingly though only very few people know that they are self-made millionaires. They weren’t flashing their millions like most people, and they both developed a hatred for spending extravagantly. Every cent they had was born from sweat and hard work, not inherited or gotten through connections.

To be honest she had never used the credit card her parents had given her. And she knew that her husband had stashed his away in his socks drawer long before they were married. Their parents can keep their money, they don’t need it. That’s what they both told themselves like a mantra over and over again.

"Do you think I should make barbecue or shabu-shabu?" he asked as he happily drove through the road leading to the secluded house by the beach. The very same house his mother gave him. And where he spent most of his teenage years. His voice bringing her back to reality and out of her throwback session. Instead of answering him she moved his bangs away because it was getting to his eyes. Her action caught him off-guard, and the warm smile she gave made him freeze.
"Eyes on the road monkey," she said, but not before grazing her hands across his hair tucking away loose strands from his face.
“How do you expect me to keep my eyes on the road when you're being like this?” he murmured. She turned her gaze back to the view of the ocean while he drove in full focus to their destination.
 
The house was a traditional style one, with high walls and a large yard that had a perfect view of the ocean. He parked the car and saw the caretakers waiting for them outside. They entered the gates and parked the car snugly inside a garage that he had built 5 years ago. They got out and he instructed the caretakers to carry their purchases inside. They bought groceries enough to last them a week since they planned on staying in his beach house for a whole week. He saw her stretch her hands out while looking up at the clear sky. She looked beaut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter