Wish - 1 (Jisoo)

4 Letters 1 Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1

 

            Negative.

            The result was negative.

 

            She fell to the floor clutching the cold, wet object in her hand.

           Were her prayers no enough? Was God not listening to her as she cried her heart out?

 

            5 years.

 

            She and Jin had been trying for 5 long years to conceive a child.

This was her last chance, but the pregnancy test in her hand screamed negative.

 

            The single red line was haunting her in her dreams and even as she wake. Her tears wouldn’t stop falling, and she knew this was the end. Jin had even agreed to do that degrading treatment so that she would become pregnant. They had spent almost a million dollars now, just trying to help her become fertile, in hopes of forming a child but still the results were negative.

 

            She and Jin had gotten married at a young age so that they could have a child!

            She was just 18, fresh from high school, and he was 20, still in his second year at college.

They have given up so much just for this. Just to produce an heir for the 28th generation of the Kim Clan!But now, all that is in shambles.

 

            She pulled her knees closer to her chest as she sobbed. Her marriage was coming to an end, she was sure of it. She could feel it, for the first two years the elders have been forgiving, but as months and then years pass on their patience had turned to hatred. It’s not like they had mistreated her physically, they haven’t reached that point yet, but they were very vocal about how they see her as a failure.

 

            Day by day, she felt grandma Kim’s love turn to annoyance and now anger and even hatred. They were shaking their fists in front of her face every time they mentioned her fault at the dining table. Reminding her over and over that she failed in her duty as a wife, that she was barren. She couldn’t bear children. And she hated herself for it.

 

            She heard the door slowly open, and the next thing she felt was her husband’s arms around her.

            “Shh… stop crying love its ok. We’ll look for another way.” he told her, but his voice lacked emotion. There would be no other way because this was her last chance. Even as Jin held her, she felt alone and cold in his embrace. He wasn’t a bad husband, he had actually been caring and had tried to shower her with love and care all these years that they were married. But, he too had his needs and his wants.

            He didn’t love her.

            He had tried, he did his best.

            She knew that he had grown fond of her, but this fondness started slipping away, everytime the single red line of the pregnancy kit appear.

            She knew he had another woman in his heart.

            The day their parents told them that they were engaged to marry someone arranged for them, she had been relieved. A part of her was happy that she didn’t have to worry about finding a husband, unlike her older sister who took almost two decades before she settled down. As a result, she only had one child, who was only a year younger than she was. But, Jin’s reaction had been different, he was mad, furious even. He was cold when they first met, and it was there on their first date, that he told her that he had a girlfriend. Right, in her face he said to her, and she never forgot that feeling. That feeling of being rejected without even being given the chance to show someone who you are. And she never got to show him her true self. The constant burden of having to produce an heir ate at her slowly, bit b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter