The field and back

My secret: shorts (The Promise I Made That Day)

"Ready, set, Frreeeeeeeeeet!"

'Step, step, step, step'

"Aaaaand, time!"

15.32 seconds

"Gasp, wheeze, phew"

"Good job Yoo, best time yet!"

"Thank you coach!" Jeongyeon said, while catching her breath―hands being supported by her knees. Once she felt well relaxed, she stood up straight, and wiped the sweat sliding from the side of her brow. 

"Good run, Jeong" Eunha greeted, reaching out for a handshake.

"Thanks, you're pretty fast yourself" Jeongyeon returned the handshake and smiled.

"15.58 seconds, not as fast as you" the girl said, before patting the girl's shoulder.

"Heads up!" a voice from behind said in a shout. And as Jeongyeon turned back, she saw a water bottle flying towards her way. She then caught it, and nodded as a gesture of gratitude. A bunny like smile can be seen from the distance with a towel on hand. The girl then paced herself closer to the runner, and gestured for the towel. Eunha smiled softly and left the two girls, wanting to get to the shower room before heading to class.

"Finally beat your time huh? Congrats!~" the older girl stated, her body leaned towards the runner with her two hands resting on her back.

"Yup, it was a stretch but it was great" the runner said, earning a little laugh from the older girl.

She smiled at the sight, the two were always together back in kindergarten. Everytime Nayeon got bullied, Jeongyeon would be there for her to save the day. And everytime Jeongyeon was down, the girl would always find a way to comfort her. Infact, there are times that when the runner felt like crying, the older girl will cry for her first. It was a weird way of showing affection, but it was one of the few ways that the older girl knows. Infact, to this very day, the girl still does so. To other people it might seem strange, but to Jeongyeon it meant alot.

"You're a lot kinder today, who are you and what did you do to Nayeon?" the runner joked.

"YAH! Can't i be kind every now and then? You gotta be thankful that a pretty girl like myself is actually helping you out! Pabo!" the girl said, and pouted while crossing her hands and looking away.

The runner laughed and removed her ponytail, making her hair glide down just a few centimeters below her shoulder. "I'm sorry Nabongs, let me make it up to you later" the runner said, while taking her duffel bag readying to head to the shower.

"Whatever, do what you want!" the older girl said, still pouting then paced her way towards the school building.

"Come on, I said I'm sorry" the girl said, while pacing herself beside Nayeon. She didn't budge at all, so Jeongyeon decided to poke the girl's cheeks.

"Stop it!" the girl shouted in an annoyed matter, hitting the runner's hand.

"Ok, I'm sorry princess, geez!" the runner stated, making the girl smile.

"The prettiest of all princesses" the girl added.

"Not the prettiest-" Jeongyeon said, before being cut.

"Yah! Jeongyeon! Not another word you !" the girl screamed out, even more annyed than before.

"Yes, yes, your highness" the runner ended.

She looked up the building's east wing, and saw a familiar face peering out the window. "Is that... Dahyun?" she thought to herself, squinting her eyes trying to get a clearer view. She was looking somewhere before going further back into the room, and father away from the window. "Huh? weird..." the girl thought to herself, before being cut off her thought by a loud "Hey!".

"Jeong! I will be going to the theater club room, wait for me later and let's go home together" the girl said, already a few meters away from the runner―her body facing back.

Jeongyeon hummed, and agreed to the statement. It's been awhile since they've done that―going home that is. Jeongyeon won't say that she was thrilled, but she was showing it either way with the way that she smiled. She has very superficial emotions around the older girl. Infact, she would do anything for her childhood friend. They were that close.

"Sure, I will be running out here at that time. Just visit once your done" the runner stated, earning a soft giggle from the older girl.

"Yeeees!~" Nayeon said before twisting her body halfway back. One hand resting on her back and the other, showing a finger heart.

"For you, I will run the world and back" Jeongyeon smiled.

 

[End]