The line between Love and Hate (Part 1)

My secret: shorts (The Promise I Made That Day)

"The autumn leaves that fall off from the branches of oak trees... 

...It paints a good picture"

 

Chaeyoung entered the classroom, the usual noisy yet calm atmosphere is the first thing she notices. She made sure to stretch and breathe in fresh air after finding a comfortable spot on her chair. It made her want to sketch, and maybe that's what she will do, sketch. So she took out her sketch book and her color pens. It didn't take long for her friend Tzuyu to arrive.

"Hey, Chae"

"Sup Tzuyu?"

"Well, I woke up this morning, I guess nothing out of the ordinary happened"

"You guess?"

"Nothing important happened"

"... Uhuh"

Chaeyoung deadpanned then released a very heavy sigh. She knew about Tzuyu's bluntness ever since they were little. But she can never get used to it. In fact, it is a double edge sword at times. It can either be helpful or harmful, and it usually ends up with misunderstanding. She didn't care though, Tzuyu is still her best friend and she appreciated every moment spent with her.

"Well, I-" Chaeyoung said, but was cut by a strong bang due to the classroom's sliding door slamming open.

A pale girl with a messy bunn entered the room Dahyun.

"Heyoo!~" The girl proudly entered the room and clapped hands of everyone she greeted.

"Well, there goes the calming atmosphere" Chaeyoung stated after a deep sigh.

It didn't take long for sharp mono-lidded eyes to gaze at where Chaeyoung was sitting. The pale girl smiled and walked towards the cub.

"Heads up Chaeng, Dahyun is heading this way" Tzuyu stated, watching the pale girl confidently walk towards them.

"Not again..." Chaeyoung sighed and slammed her head towards the table.

"Hello milady" The pale girl greeted while doing a gentleman's bow.

 "What do you want this time?"

"Aww, why so sour this early in the morning? Aren't you happy to see me? Cause I sure am happy to see yo-"

"STOP! It's annoying"

"Don't be like that, you hurt me" Dahyun said, she then placed a fist over her chest while slightly bowing, showing a gesture of getting hurt.

"Whatever" Chaeyoung said, and started doodling on her paper.

Dahyun smiled and grabbed a red color pencil and took the sketchpad of the young artist. She then flipped to a clean page and drew a line in the middle, halving the paper into two parts.

"Hey! What the heck! Rude!"

"I know that was rude of me, but wait" The pale girl stated, holding up the sketchpad on one hand, and the colored pencil on the other, pointing it on the line.

"This is a line that separates Love and Hate"

"..."

"If you ask me what I feel about you... I will be over here~" She pointed on the space beside the of the sketchpad, her smile never leaving.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and grabbed the sketchpad and color pencil off of the pale girl's arm. After she has settled it down on her table, she pointed on the edge of the sketchpad, on the hate side and said, "I am definitely over here".

The smug grin on the pale girl turned to a soft smile. Chaeyoung looked at the girl in curiosity. "Why would she smile after what I have said?", she thought to herself. It didn't take long for the teacher to enter the room and ask everyone to settle back to their seats. "This will be another long day" she sighed to herself.

School has ended, and Chaeyoung was at the art room sketching, it was like any other day. It didn't take long for a certain someone to enter the room and cover her eyes.

"Wah! Who's this?" Chaeyoung shouted, holding on to the hands covering her eyes. Soft.

The girl covering her eyes giggled, and instantly, Chaeyoung knew who it was, and she was not pleased by it.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here... to confess my love for you!~" The pale girl stated, grabbing on to the bouquet of flowers that was situated on her back pocket. She then reached for it and gave it to the girl in front of her.

"I don't think you get it, I'm not interested in anything romance related. In fact, I don't even know how it is to love someone" Chaeyoung ended.

"Well, it doesn't matter. All that matters is me telling you how much I love you"

"..."

"So, what do you say?"

"Please buzz off"

"Okay!~"

And with that, Dahyun left the girl back to her drawing.

"Okay?" Chaeyoung is left with her own thoughts. She was surprised and at the same time bewildered. It was a rather weird sensation to her. Alien would probably be the best word for it.

[tbc]

----

Sorry for the short update >w< I just felt like writing this. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this two part short story