Queen of Hearts

My secret: shorts (The Promise I Made That Day)

The night is young and the streets are filled with Halloween decorations. A calm and gentle breeze to match the seasonal spirit. Everything is perfect to celebrate the festive holiday.

"ACHOO!"

Almost...

"Unnie! Why must you be soo boring..." Chaeyoung whined. She brought her Princess Ariel costume with a red wig and a long skirt, designed to look like a tail. Complete with the shell accessory.

"Shut up Chae! Dahyun-unnie is sick, and she doesn't need your complaining right now" Tzuyu silenced the cub. Tzuyu was also dressed for the ocassion wearing a black elegant long sleeve see-thru dress, with a black floral design and a black brazier and black long sleeve skirt. All with powder and black lipstick to complete the Gothic vampire design.

"But I'm boooored! And it's Halloween!" Chaeyoung complained. Her chin laid resting on the Kim's dining table.

"Then find something to do, I'm taking care of unnie" Tzuyu said after closing the stove in the kitchen.

"Fine! But don't come running to me when you want some candy!" Chaeyoung complained and got up from the table.

"We can always buy at the store though" Tzuyu said, now preparing the rice porridge and setting it aside with a glass of water on a tray, ready to be brought to the sick girl.

"It's not the same though..."

"It's better than leaving Dahyun unnie all by herself"

"yeah... I guess you're right"

"Of course I am, now help me bring all these to unnie"

"You look more than capable to bring everything"

Tzuyu glared at Chaeyoung. After a little while, she sighed and pointed to the analgesic by the table using her lips.

Chaeyoung nodded and grabbed the analgesic on the table, and they went on their way.

 

*knock knock*

 

"I'm comming in unnie" Tzuyu said as she slowly entered the room.

"I'm here too!~" Chaeyoung jumped from the back, literally screaming on Tzuyu's ear.

"Shush! You're too loud!" Tzuyu said in an attempt to shut the girl up.

"Oh... sorry..." Chaeyoung said, then whispered, "I'm here too!~".

Tzuyu rolled her eyes then went to sit beside Dahyun on her bed. Dahyun saw Tzuyu move closer, so she sat up and made some space for the younger girl. Once tzuyu was sitting down, she placed her hand on the pale girl's forehead to check her temperature.

"Unnie, you're burning..." Tzuyu stated.

"OH really?" Chaeyoung said, and out of curiosity, placed her hand on her unnie's forehead.

"Holy smokes! You're burning! Literally! In fact, we can cook bacon and eg-"

"No Chae, don't even think about it"

"What? it's not like I ever plan on doing it..." Chaeyoung said which was followed by a grin.

Tzuyu glared at the smaller girl. It was the kind of glare that pierces through your soul.

"What? I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Dahyun laughed at the two girl's antics. It always puts a smile on her face whenever she sees the two playing around like this. But, she also felt bad seeing the two with their costumes on while spending time with her, and not the whole Halloween event.

"You guys..." Dahyun softly spoke.

"Shush unnie! here, I made some porridge" Tzuyu said, grabbing the porridge she made and giving it to Dahyun.

"And here are the meds!~" Chaeyoung added, placing it on the tray that Tzuyu brought up. "See, I told you that you can do these all by yourself" Caheyoung jokingly said, receiving a whatever as a reply.

Dahyun smiled and received the porridge. It's not everyday that these girls come here and hang out-- more so to take care of her--but at the same time, she didn't want to ruin the holiday for the two. "Thank's for all of these guys, but... I don't want to ruin your festive spirit".

"You're not ruining it for us unnie, it's fine" Tzuyu replied.

Dahyun smiled in reply, then shook her head, and said, "No, It's totally not. I can rest and take care of myself here. Plus, you guys are already dressed for the occasion, it would be a total waste if you don't show it to others".

"But..."

"It's fine Tzuyu, Dubs is right! She's a big girl now, in fact, she's old enough to take care of herself" Chaeyoung stated a smile plastered on her face.

Dahyun smiled at this, she rather see the two girls enjoy their day than being melancholic and taking care of the sickly Dahyun. "Chaeyoung is right, and if ever I need some help, I will just call" Dahyun said, and waited for Tzuyu's reply. When she saw the girl looking downcasted, she started reassuring the girl "I'll be fine Tzuyu, go and have fun".

"Fine, you have to take care of yourself though" Tzuyu said, earning a nod and a smile as a reply.

"I will, you guys enjoy your night!~" Dahyun waved her hand.

"We will, Come on Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung said, and dragged Tzuyu out of the house.

"We'll be back after collecting candy unnie, don't forget your meds" Tzuyu stated.

"I won't" Dahyun reassured.

"Woohoo! Candy! Tasty in my tummy~" Chaeyoung said. The voice was faint, this meant that the two girls were already far from the room.

"Geez Chae, you're old enough to leave home, yet you act like a little kid. I mean, I get that you're small and all bu-"

"Don't even say it!" the two bickered as they left to go for the streets.

Dahyun then finished her rice porridge and went back to lie down after drinking her medicine. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

Dahyun opened her eyes, it was a little late seeing as she had a few hours of sleep. It definitely wasn't Chaeyoung or Tzuyu, Dahyun thought, seeing as the two girls would enter the house using the spare key that was hidden by the brick on the right wall. Couldn't be trick-or-treaters, since her house was not decorated with seasonal designs, nor can it be family, seeing as they ahd their own key. Dahyun decided to ignore it for awhile, till she heard a pebble hit the window of Dahyun's room. 

the girl still felt hot from the fever, but it wasn't as strong as awhile ago. She decided to check it out and Saw Sana waving her hand on a queen of hearts costume. Dahyun sighed and was about to ignore her, but suddenly remembered the little predicament she was on due to her ignoring the girl. She didn't want to get to that situation any time soon, so she covered herself with a blanket, and went on her way to the door.

Once she opened the door, she was greeted with the brightest smile ever. "Trick or treat!" Sana said.

Dahyun was dumbfounded, a few seconds of silence has passed before she heaved out a sigh. "Sorry, we don't have any candy" she said, and closed the door, but was stopped mid way due to the foot that was stuck in between the door and the wall.

"Don't be like that, I went all the way here to see you!~" Sana said, then pushed the door open once more.

"Sana unnie, I'm sick. I don't want to deal with you tonight"

"I know!~ That's why I went here. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu told me you needed the company"

"... Remind me to give them a long lecture later" Dahyun said as she signaled the girl to come in.

"Ojama shimasu!~" Sana said with a light bow, before entering the household and leaving her shoes.

"Do you want anything? Water, chips, bread"

"Water sounds nice"

"Okay, let me get you a glass" Dahyun said, and walked towards the kitchen, after getting a glass, she grabbed the pitcher in the fridge and place it by the table. She was about to pour out some water, till she felt her head pounding. She suddenly felt too weak to carry the pitcher of water and fell on her knees, with her hand on the table as support. When Sana heard the crash, she saw Dahyun kneeling on the floor and her face flushed red. The girl looked tired and weak, this made her remember about the girl's sickness.

"Oh my, I didn't think you would be this sick Dahyunnie" Sana said and knelled down to level with Dahyun. After brushing Dahyun's bangs to the side, she gently placed her forehead on Dahyun's to check her temperature, and it was unbearable. "Yikes, you're burning Dahyun, let me help you up to bed" Sana said, then gave her shoulder as support. Once Dahyun was more comfortable, Sana hepled her going upstairs.

"Dahyun-chan, where's your room?" Sana asked, making sure that Dahyun get's the right steps, watching her every move carefully.

"The second door to the left" Dahyun said weakly.

Sana nodded and they threaded slowly to the pale girl's room. Once the door was open, Sana looked around. She always enjoyed seeing the girls room. It's a nice feeling. After taking in everything, she helped Dahyun to bed. The girl looked terrible, she was breathing heavily and looked very uncomfortable.

"Unnie... I'm cold"

"Oh, yeah the blanket is downstairs... I will go and get it"

"No, Unnie, it's fine... Just reach one out from the closet"

Sana didn't reply, she looked at Dahyun with a look of hurt, the same one she does whenever she doesn't say her name.

"Are you serious?" Dahyun retaliated, but when Sana nodded, she grunted and sighed. "Fine, Sana-unnie... please get a new blanket from the closet"

"Alright Dahyun-ah!~" Sana happily stated and grabbed a comforter from the closet. After she went to the bed, Dahyun reached her hands out to recieve it, but Sana shook her head. "Dahyun-chan, I want to be the one to tuck you tight!~"

Dahyun looked at Sana for a while, she watched as the girl's eyes sparkle from the idea. Dahyun didn't want to agree on it, but she was too tired to think and said, "Fine, do what you want"

"Yaaay!" Sana cheered and rushed towards Dahyun.

"Wait, Sana... don't ru-" Dahyun wanted to warn Sana about her clumsiness, but she was too late. Sana stepped on the sheet she was holding which made her slip and fall on Dahyun.

"OOOF" Dahyun felt pain on her stomach, apparently that's where she landed. After awhile, she checked on Sana to see if she was alright, and she heard soft muffled laughter from the sheets. It didn't take long for Sana to raise her head up and say, "I fell" she said in between laughter.

"... Who is the one taking care of who?" Dahyun said after a defeated sigh. She still felt hot, infact, she can't open her eyelids without having a hard time, but being with this happy go lucky girl really made her feel responsible--even more than that of her feelings for Chaeyoung in that regard.

"I am!~" Sana squealed in delight. After which, she stood up, and fixed the sheets, and tucked Dahyun into the bed.

Dahyun closed her eyes, and rested, she still felt hot but it felt better now that she was on the bed. A little while later, she felt a weight fall beside her, making the matress sink abit. It was her sign saying that someone sat on the bed beside her. She was about to open her eyes, when she felt a damp cloth on her fore head. 

"Sana-unnie?"

"Yes Dahyun Chan?"

"You didn't have t-"

"Shh, I gotchu~" Sana said, as she grabbed another cloth and washed it, then wiped out any sweat that threatens to form. Once she was done, she grabbed the damp cloth on the sick girl's forehead and placed it on the pale to clean it. After wringing out the water, she placed it back on the girl's forehead. This continued for awhile, till Sana saw that Dahyun looked alot better. Sana smiled at her work, and tidied up her workplace. After everything was done, she went back sit beside Dahyun.

Dahyun felt the weight shift on the bed again, so she opened her eyes, looked at Sana, and said, "Thank you for everything"

Sana smiled at that, she loved the attention the girl gave her, she loved watching the girl's expressions, and she loved being with her. "Of course, anything for you Dahyun-chan~" she said wholeheartedly, then kissed the cheek of the pale girl.

Dahyun felt her face heat up once again, this time she knew that it wasn't from the fever. It's cause of the embarrassing things that the Japanese girl does. She then wiped the pot where the girl kissed with irritation.

Sana watched this small act and giggled. After awhile, she asked, "So, what do you want to do now Dahyun-chan?"

"I want to sleep"

"Okay, let me sing you a song then to help you sleep"

"Umm... okay?"

How was your day today?
Anything bad happen?
You just need to get through
Day by day
Have strength, think of me

When Sana started singing, Dahyun loved how calming and soft her voice was. It was soothing and relaxing--calming even. Dahyun then closed her eyes and continued to listen.

Baby think about me all night long
We are together right now
In our dreams, it’s just us two
As we make our happy moments

By the time the song was reaching it's end, Sana tucked a stray strand of hair on Dahyun's face, behind her ear. After which, she gently touched the nose of the girl and pet her head.

You did a good job today
Now rest comfortably
As you think of me

I’ll think of you too
And find you in your dreams
Good night, good night

"Thank you Sana, You really are a queen of hearts" Dahyun said before falling asleep.

Sana laughed a bit at this and kissed Dahyun's forehead, and said, "Jaljayo~"

 

[end]