Eventful day?

My secret: shorts (The Promise I Made That Day)

"Ding Ding~"

"Thank you for visiting, come again~" Jisoo proudly stated, as she watched the next two customers leave the shop. She looked at the empty cafe and stretched; making her hum in delight. "Ahhh, not much people. More time to relax" she added.

"Relaxing won't earn us money" Jennie said, all the while checking out the counter and taking into account every revenue that this store has to offer.

"Yeah but..." Jisoo said, face a bit downcasted.

"I'm fine with it, nothing much to cook" Rose admixed, now coming out of the kitchen.

"And serve~" Lisa added.

"But, we won't reach our daily quota" Jennie stated. The girl then closed the cash register and leaned on the counter table—waiting for something to happen.

"Aww come on, Jen!~ Cheer up! Maybe it's only for the morning" Lisa stated, her back leaning on the counter table opposite to Jennie. "I'm sure that this afternoon, there will be lot's of customers~" she added.

"Yeah!~ I totally agree! We can do something about this problem of ours" Jisoo stated, her downcasted face long forgotten. "I bet that by 12:00 this afternoon. We will be swimming with customers~" she added, a smug face of delight written all over her demeanor.

"Hmm... Let's just hope for the best" Jennie stated while looking outside the restaurant's glass window.

 

12:00 PM

 

"You're right Ji, our customers are totally swimming" Jennie stated looking outside the giant glass window. It was a rainy day—literally a downpour—and everyone walking by the store is under an umbrella. "I just didn't think it will be something literal like this" she added.

"I know they're not much. but... well, it's better than zero" Jisoo said, she then grabbed the menu and gave it to the newly entered customers. It didn't take long before Lisa followed up with serving water. Jennie will then follow up with taking the order, giving it to Jisoo,—who will bring the order to Rose on the kitchen after ringing the bell.

It was the usual occurence at the cafe. The three girls' synergy has always been precise—each role is different, yet it weirdly complements the other. After the few customers have been served, it was back to being idle. It didn't take long for all the customers to leave, leaving the girls all by themselves.

"Well, so much for swimming customers, huh Ji?" Jennie asked, a half grin slowly finding it's way on her face.

"You're too mean Jen! Too mean!" Jisoo complained.

"It's okay, unnie~ I still have hope for it" Lisa said, giving the girl a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"What we need is a new battle plan to capture customers" Rose added, coming out from the kitchen after washing her hands.

"I agree with rose!" Jisoo stated removing herself from Lisa's grasp.

"What do you suggest then?" Jennie asked.

"We make a giant sign stating 'Hiding under the rain? We got coffee for the cold season!~'" Jisoo suggested.

"I think that's too dramatic, and where will we find someone who will make us a sign?" Jennie asked.

"I know someone" Lisa smirked at this and dialed her phone.

 

12:45 PM

 

"Ding Ding~"

"I'm here!~ You asked for my assistance Lisa unnie?" a bright and cheerful cub joined the four girls after hanging her rain coat.

"Chaeyoung~ Glad you can make it" Lisa stated, giving the girl a tight hug before a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you for coming in such a short notice" Rose added.

"It's fine, I was tired of lazing around the house anyways" Chaeyoung said, now stretching out after a long walk.

"Okay, so we need your help in making a giant sign stating 'Hiding under the rain? We got coffee for the cold season!~'" Jisoo stated, waving her hands on the air emphasizing the "GIANT" in the sentence. "If you can make it into a cute design, then that's even better~" she added.

"Isn't that too much?" Jennie stated looking worried.

"Well, I can do something about the design, but calligraphy really isn't my thing" Chaeyoung added.

"I know someone who can help with that!" Lisa said, once again dialing a number on her phone.

 

1:00 PM

 

"I'm here Laliz, what crazy plan are you guys thinking of now? Mijoo said, as she welcomed herself inside the cafe. She was then hugged by the blonde girl out of nowhere.

"Mijoo!~ I knew I could count on you" Lisa said, now smiling from ear to ear.

"Wait, you mean you always come up with different plans?" Chaeyoung asked, interest now showing on her face.

"Well, it's usually just Jisoo, and Lisa with Rose trying their best to see it through" Jennie stated.

"It's more like Lisa and I initiate it, Jisoo pursues it, then we pursue it aswell" Rose corrected.

"Oh yeah, I believe we haven't introduced you two yet" Rose said.

"I believe so" Mijoo stated, she then pushed Lisa away and made her way towards Chaeyoung.

"Sup kiddo, I'm Mijoo. Nice to meet you" the girl said, now patting the head of the small girl.

"Sup, and I advice you to stop with what you're planning before it get's messy, unnie" Chaeyoung stated, her smile looking a bit grim.

"Yeesh, we got a feisty one her" she said, before pulling back. "Okay, so mind filling me with details?"

"We need your calligraphy prowes once again, Mijoo" Jisoo pleaded.

"Oh I see, what are the details?" 

"You will be working hand-in-hand with Chaeyoung here for a signage saying 'Hiding under the rain? We got coffee for the cold season!~'" Jisoo stated.

"I see, let's see what we can do Chaeyoung, show me your skills" Mijoo challenged.

"Hope your caligraphy won't ruin the smooth design I will make" Chaeyoung accepted.

"You're on" Mijoo ended, before continuing on to work on their little project.

"Those two remind me of Lisa and Rose" Jennie thought to herself, before continuing to serve the few customers they had.

 

1:30 PM

 

The sign was finished, and the six girls looked at it in awe. The design was a simple stripe of light gray on top, black backgroud with a singular pink stripe—perpendicular to the white part of the poster. The calligraphy was beautiful and the sign was big and flashy enough, that it highlighted the place. The two girls nodded in delight at their work before giving themselves a high-five. It ended up being an excellent work.

"It's perfect!" Jisoo said, eyes sparkling with excitement.

"welp, hopefully this sign will do it's thing with bringing in customers like you planned" Mijoo said.

"I wouldn't bet on it" Jennie said, her eyes wandering out of the store—where the sign is put up.

"It's worth a shot at least" Chaeyoung asserted, now sitting down on the table by the stage. After their first visit, it suddenly became their favorite spot in the store.

"We can only hope for the best" Jennie ended.

The rain is still pouring outside, yet customers started entering. It was a bit more crowded than before, but the amount of customers isn't significant enough to really make a huge difference.

"It did better than expected" Jisoo said, delight evident on her face.

"But it's still not enough customers to reach the quota" Jennie disputed.

"Hmmm... What else can we do to bring in the customers?" Jisoo asked, her smile slowly faded.

"What about music?" Rose suggested.

"We are playing music now though" Jennie said.

"Then a live concert?" Chaeyoung added.

"Right!~ We have instruments, a stage, and some speakers!" Jisoo agreed.

"Where can we find a band? Or an entertainer of excellent caliber?" Jennie asked.

"I know someone, hey Chaeng. Come here for a second" Lisa said before ordering the girl to come close. Chaeyoung followed her unnie and leaned closer. The blonde girl leaned close and whispered something on the small girl's ear. Her face held a wide-eyed grin while the blonde girl whispered.

"Sounds like a good idea!~ Let me start the call" Chaeyoung stated.

 

2:15 PM

 

"Ding Ding~"

"Hey Dubs!~ Nice seeing you here" Chaeyoung stated, hugging the pale girl.

"Dahyun you came!~" Lisa said, now running towards the girl for a tight hug, but was denied by a slim girl that pulled her away last second.

"Hello, Lisa" Sana said, her eyes looking sharp—literally piercing the blonde girls soul.

"Yikes, the protective girlfriend is here too" Lisa thought to herself, before shrugging it off. "Why hello there Sana, pleasant seeing you here"

"Of course, everywhere Dahyun goes, I'll be sure to follow. Most especially at this cafe" Sana stated.

"Aww, but I kind of wanted to have Dahyun all for myself though" Lisa replied with a half grin.

"That's just too bad then" Sana stated, returning the piercing gaze the girl gave.

"Ehem, I'm sorry but we got a cafe to save. Hey Dahyun! Glad to see you again" Jisoo stated, before waving her hand as a sign of greeting.

"Hello..." Dahyun muttered softly.

"Mind if you play us a song?" Jennie asked, coming back from taking an order.

"Hmmmm?" Dahyun hummed, and looked at the stage with instruments.

"Pleas? Just a quicky, there's a keyboard on stage and everything!" Jisoo begged.

"Oh yeah, you did say that you were a piano major huh?" Mijoo stated.

"I wanna hear you play!" Jisoo jumped, making Lisa smile.

"She's excellent in piano" Chaeyoung stated.

"I can attest to that" Sana added.

"Then let's go~" Jisoo said, now dragging the pale girl on the stage.

"Don't I get a say in this?" Dahyun thought to herself while being dragged. Upon reaching the keyboards seat, she saw how everyone settled while Jisoo prepared the amplifier and everything. It didn't take long before the keyboard has been set up. It was a black Casio CTK 3500 with an adapter. She stared on to the black and white keys and sighed before closing her eyes.

Image training

It's raining and everyone wants to enjoy their time in the cafe. A board game cafe that is focused on young people, all who want to relax and have fun. I"I can see it now" she opened her eyes and started to play a song.

Black pink - As If it's your last 

The keys pressed were light but stressed. The customers who were listening had their eyes on the pianist on stage, some stopped their game just to listen to the light upbeat style of playing, some people who knew the song either hummed to the beat, or sang. It didn't take long for more people to start entering the cafe.

"Woah"

"This kid's good"

After the song ended, the last note was played multiple times, while the chords started to slow down a bit. It didn't take long for a new set of notes to be played.

Blackpink - Whistle

By this time, the cafe became filled. The four girls had to equally distribute their jobs in order for them to serve everyone. The cafe hasn't become this busy in a while. There were people asking for coffee, some for cakes, some for tea, while others were outside listening to the happy tune the piano was emitting. It didn't take long for the song to reach it's end.

"She looks the happiest when she's playing" Chaeyoung stated.

"I couldn't agree more" Sana ended.

After the last note, the crowd was filled with clapping. It didn't take long for the rain to stop after. The sun shined bright and everyone was filled with happiness in the cafe.

The day has finally ended and everyone went home. All except the four and the girls who helped out at the cafe. They were treated with coffee, hot chocolate and cakes. The girls enjoyed their company, with everyone cheering them selves—except Dahyun who was silent—while the owners thanked the three girls who helped out. The girls finally left after everything, leaving one more customer—typing on her macbook air.

Lisa and Rose were left with washing the dishes—competing with each other, betting about who would finish first—while Jisoo and Rose was left cleaning up front. After they were done, the four girls gathered near the cash register.

"Well then, we managed to reach our quota and earned a bit more than what we needed" Jennie said, after packing up and fixing the money on the cash register. The four girls cheered and celebrated. "I got to hand it to you girls, I didn't think you would pull this off. Most especially in a rainy day" she added, making Jisoo puff out her chest with pride.

"Well, I too didn't expect Dahyun to be that good" Lisa stated, making the three girls nod in agreement.

"So the name of the girl a while ago was Dahyun huh?" the last customer thought to herself, reaching out her cash to pay for her bill.

 

[Tbc]

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Yeah, It's exam week and I have been preparing and stuff—went out of town, etc.

I will try my best to post something up in the main story next week, for now all I can give you is this :3

This update can give a little insight on what the next chapter in the main story can give. Hope this chapter will fuel up your interest.

Have you tried listening to Blackpink's As if it's your last with an open youtube tab of rain? Eargasm~

Who do you think is the mystery customer at the end? Hint, it's a girl xD

Hope to see ya'll soon!~

P.S. My titles are spot on xD (Not really) ;w;