Rainy days

My secret: shorts (The Promise I Made That Day)

The school bell rang, signalling the students that it's dismissal time.

The school advised the students to go home early due to the storm. Dahyun was standing infront of the school's exit. It was raining hard and she forgot her umbrella. "Out of all the days..." she thought to herself before sighing loudly. She watched as people went home with an umbrella standing high above their heads. "How unfortunate of me to not check the weather today" she thought to herself, and decided to walk around waiting for the storm to pass

30 minutes pass by, and the rain never wavered. It was still raining hard and it looked like it was even harder than a while ago. She decided that it was best to borrow an umbrella in the lost and found. She soon paced her way to the student council room.

She reached the door, and upon entering, she saw Jihyo who was still busy with her paperwork. "Hey Jihyo-unnie" she said, making Jihyo stop her work to attend to her friend.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home?" Jihyo asked.

"Yeah... but I forgot my umbrella, I was wondering if the lost and found have a spare umbrella... I will return it tomorrow" Dahyun inquired, knowing that the SC has items unclaimed for more than 4 days.

"Let me check then" Jihyo said, and went straight to the stock cabinet of the room. It took a while before Jihyo came back with a box "Here it is". The big-eyed girl brought out a box with the note 'Lost and Found' on it. The lost and found had a few handkerchiefs, school neck ties, notebooks, jackets, and a yellow spring umbrella.

Dahyun smiled, and went to check the spring umbrella. She opened it, and noticed that two of it's hands were broken. It could hardly hold up the roof of the umbrella, and she decided it's best not to borrow it. She gave her thanks, and left the room.

The rain was still pouring hard, and Dahyun didn't feel like playing piano. So she decided to check in on her friend Chaeyoung. Her feet lead her a few floors up. Once she reached the art room, she knocked and entered the room. Chaeyoung was busy doodling on her sketch pad.

"Hey Chae" the pale girl voiced out. 

"Sup" the younger girl said, without removing her concentration on her drawing.

"Doodling?" Dahyun asked.

"Yup" Chaeyoung answered.

Dahyun went closer to check on her sketch, and all she saw was a couple of doodles here and there. The girl was too concentrated in her drawing that she didn't even give Dahyun a hug or anything. It was rare for Dahyun to see Chaeyoung this concentrated on something, so she decided that it's best to leave her alone.

"Well, I don't want to disturb you so I'm leaving" Dahyun said, earning a "Sure" from Chaeyoung before leaving.

Dahyun was once again in front of the school entrance. She knew Tzuyu wasn't in the school's premises anymore, since she had a driver to pick her up. She could have asked to be dropped off in front of her house, but she was too late in asking―that and she didn't really feel like it at that time. She sighed and looked at the pouring rain. "I will just make a run for it" she thought to herself, and placed her leather messenger bag on top of her head. She was about to sprint when someone called out to her.

"Dahyun-ah!" a voice from behind.

Dahyun looked back, and it was the same person who sang while she played the piano a few days back. The same girl was pacing towards her, and soon  stopped beside her. The girl was panting at such a short distance sprint, that it made Dahyun wonder how she works herself out.

"Ummm.... Are you ok?" Dahyun asked, watching as the girl tried to catch her breath.

The girl nodded and laughed before uttering "Going home?".

"Was about to..." Dahyun muttered out.

"WITHOUT AN UMBRELLA?!" she squealed, surprising the pale girl.

"I can run... I have a bag..." she said, before she got cut by the brown haired girl.

"That's no good Dahyun-ah! You can get sick! Here, we can share an umbrella" she said, while opening a transparent umbrella ready to accommodate two people.

Dahyun agreed, and they walked towards the outer courts. Upon reaching the gate, the rain suddenly stops and the sun shined bright.

"Well, that was fast~" Sana said, laughing before saying their proper goodbye's.

Dahyun then watched the girl walk further away before walking to the opposite direction.

 

End