[ chapter viii ]

Selcouth Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Looks like Japan is slowing down with the amount of disqualifications they received. South Korea has been disqualified for the foul playing too, but they're not giving up to bringing home the bacon," one commentator said.

 

00:00:26:43

 

"You're right. At first, South Korea's batting is quite the eye candy with the sharpness of their strikes, but after the second half of the game, their batted balls have already bound the first and third bases over the foul territory for quite a lot of times now already."

 

00:00:20:24

 

"Absolutely nerve-wracking. Japan is trying their best to stay by the rules, although they have been going astray since their first disqualification on the second half of the game."

 

00:00:14:56

 

"But look at that, Haru-san. The Emperor is enjoying himself today. Don't you think it matters to him whether which team will win?"

 

00:00:08:58

 

"The Emperor is a fair and happy man, Kuzo-san. Despite being the Emperor of Japan, he looks like he has been cheering for both teams the whole time."

 

00:00:02:24

 

"The Pri—"

 

00:00:00
 


 

"NO!"

 

The Princess jolts up, her palpitations hastened in speed as she clutches her chest with eyes widening, aiming down to the messy sheets.

 

"It's..." She blinked a few times before lifting her head up, the grip on her chest loosening. "all...a dream?"

 

Her attention is stolen when the door slams against the wall, there enters a panicked butler whose shoulders stiffened and eyebrows knitted.

 

"Your Majesty!"

 

Yuta runs to the sweating princess. The worried look on his face doesn't fade when the princess herself is wearing the same countenance. Mina's voice was loud enough to capture the butler's notice, subsequently disregarding second thoughts to attend to the royal's need.

 

"What's the matter, Your Majesty?" Yuta asks, fretting.

 

Mina shakes her head, her consciousness building up awareness to her surroundings; it really was all a dream.

 

"I'm sorry," she concedes, "I just had a dream. Forgive me for my interference."

 

Yuta sighs in relief. If it had been a serious case regarding the crown princess' safety, the servant guarantees on his life that he would risk everything in exchange for her safety. Thank goodness that it was only a dream.

 

"No need to worry, Your Majesty. A nightmare, If I can conclude?"

 

"Mhm." Mina hums. She discards the blanket away from her legs as the sweat continues to course down her forehead. The temperature is a little high this morning.

 

"Could you please retrieve me a glass of water? And a towel, if you may."

 

"Yes, of course. I'll bring your breakfast along, too." Yuta complies to the superior's need, leaving a bow beforehand his exit.

 

But just as the butler was about to depart from the crown princess' presence, Mina dangles her legs off one side of the bed and calls out, "Yuta."

 

Yuta stops from his tracks and swings his head to face the host. "Yes? Is there something wrong?"

 

"Refrain from slamming the door next time, would you?" Mina giggles as the memory of a panicked butler come into mind. "Your anxious situation makes me cackle every time."

 

A tinge of crimson begins to wrap the suited male's face, unable to believe that a portion of his overprotective personality is once again displayed. Mina always acknowledged the trait; a trait she grew accustomed to. And by accustomed, accustomed to finding the hilarity of.

 

Mina finds it funny, truth be told.

 

The butler terminates the humiliating session by laughing it off, another bow to partner it with. "Apologies, I must have been too overwhelmed."

 

Later on, Mina is left sitting upon her bed, curiosity initiating contemplative thoughts concerning the recent incident.

 

Why would I dream of such a preposterous outcome? Surely, there must be something I need to scrutinize.

 

The princess is never the one to meditate over uncomprehensible visions. Sure, there are philosophies to consider about, prophesizing the definitions of vivid and lucid dreams at the same time to pursue a metaphoric nature; lessons in which humans can discover the environment of their ability, time, and foreign luck.

 

However, this certain dream seems to snatch the noble's comfort. The unfamiliar feeling crawls through her restless nerves - Mina is unaware. Is it truly a vision? A prophecy? It's all too vivid, unlike the previous dreams she has dreamt before.

 

Another comparison to highlight is how she is capable to recall the tiny little details the non-existent situation had to offer: The dome's weak management, the way her father hovered his arm around the Prime Minister's son's nape (both tossing hoots for the thrilling exchange), and (somewhat haphazard but still struck the core of her proceeding train of thoughts) the ball that was batted thirty-six degrees east from where they sat (Mina is convinced that it was thirty-seven but the angle managed to deceive her eyes back in the game).

 

Figuratively, who would even be knowledgeable enough to acknowledge the coordinates to where the ball projected? Crazy!

 

A sudden pang makes its way to the left side of Mina's head; a thumping migraine to attend in the morning.

 

"How could my head hurt all of a sudden..."

 

Mina attempts to stand up to prepare herself for the rest of the day, but a blooming headache kept her posture imbalanced. Her left hand hastens to catch the pole plastered at the edge of the bed, her body intercepted due to the strength of her tightening grasp.

 

Soon, her body surrenders when an invisible force pushed her to sit back. The pain is too strong for the princess to enterprise a counterattack, so she gives in by rubbing her forehead continuously until the discomfort hopefully de-escalates.

 

The door opens once again; Yuta enters with the typical tray in hand with a towel over the opposite.

 

_____

 

"Are you sure you haven't been working yourself? Quite impossible for you to suffer from a headache amidst reposeful activities."

 

The porcelain teacup lands on the pristine table mildly. Mina's delicate fingers slowly release the gold-like handle as she leads both arms to cross below the head of the table.

 

"I find deceit under unreasonable circumstances," Mina reasoned. "I barely encountered an episode since my last document inspection."

 

"Which was a month ago..." Yuta questions himself soon enough to analyze and construct equations with the inclusion of Mina's morning dissent. "I'm assured that you wouldn't want to hear this but I'm afraid I have to take your health into consideration."

 

"I'm fine, Yuta. It's just a headache, nothing more to worry about," Mina argues back.

 

The insecure expression never left Yuta's face. He let the noble be as he observed her take another sip, attending to the meal prepared beside her teacup from time to time.

 

If there's anything that must be put into consideration, it's Mina's dream.

 

"What is the schedule for today?"

 

"Today is when the Baseball League will be held, Mina," Yuta says, pulling the seat opposing to Mina's for him to sit on. "I forgot to inform you, but Yakuza-san is asking if he can take the criminal records from July to the archives."

 

"Permitted."

 

The League will be held today.

 

"Yuta."

 

The butler stands up, fetching the towel hanging on his arm. "Yes?"

 

"Inform the management of Nagoya dome that I am sending an order to inspect the entire facility," Mina demands, emphasizing the word entire "The event will not be expected until I receive a notification that the dome is safe and profusely examined."

 

Yuta tilts his head. It's the first time in weeks that the crown princess has taken her power into good use. Albeit fortuitous, the butler has no right to question Her Majesty's command hence, he must obey immediately.

 

"Affirmative, Mina."

 

"Make sure every nook and cranny is taken upon inspection. From the spacious field until the cramped regions, quote that I am prioritizing the attendees' safety and welfare." Mina's tone doesn't fluctuate; solid and firm, solemn to her duty as the crown princess. From within, even she herself can't believe she's taking the dream too seriously, but its pellucidity is elevating to the point where her mind is imploring her to perform prompt actions.

 

She continues, "Dispatch my message about the service provided by the management. Make sure that everyone is present to fulfill their jobs correctly and that their cooperation is presumed to assemble a satisfactory occasion."

 

"Nagoya Dome's management will be acquainted of your commands at once," Yuta responds. Ignoring the unfinished meal and the half-empty teapot, he leaves with a polite bow and a gentle shut off a door; everything must be settled the moment the demanding group of words escapes from a royal's lips.

 

Stupid dream.

 

_____

 

Two hours later, and Mina has not received any response from Yuta in regards to the thorough inspection. The Emperor passed by her room and inquired about her actions when the word was sent to the Emperor and the Empress. Mina didn't need their permission to instruct the people; she's an independent woman who is wise enough to use her power as the Crown Princess. Her parents took notice of that as well, providing not much care when their daughter would give an order with extreme solemnity.

 

"I heard about your order," the Emperor initiated. He pulled a seat and dragged it beside Mina's who stared blankly at the windowsill. "I find it distinct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter