[ chapter iii ]

Selcouth Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While the lovely princess sat beneath the shade of the patio, the fountains began to spring and the waters began to flow. She sat there, waiting for her peer in whom she missed the most.

 

She had her last sip. The tea was no longer warm, and the sandwich crumbs were there for the ants to eat.

 

The butler was permitted to leave as the Emperor called for his assistance, leaving the princess alone to watch the leaves rustle and the walls absorb the blinding sunlight.

 

Mina crossed her legs and sighed. She intertwined her fingers together and placed it above her knee. Soon, she swayed her leg back and forth to pass some time.

 

The patio covered only one-fourth of the whole courtyard. In fact, the courtyard was as wide as the garden; both agreeably massive and spacious for more than five people to run around. Most palace courtyards are just concrete floors without a single tint of green that can appeal. At least make it lively.

 

Realizing that it may take a while before she can encounter company, Mina leans back to the wooden fence. She stares at the distant ponds filled with the help of the fountain positioned at the center.

 

It was impeccable to feel this comfortable after a crowdy arrival. But thanks to the breathtaking sunlight cooperating with the breezy environment, the amount of stress she felt this morning was no longer there. De-stressing depends on the environment, they say. If you choose to sit between piles of unsigned documents, there's a probability that your mind will swallow all the words written in those papers.

 

As a solution, go out and walk around the park or anything convenient. It was relieving to know that the princess knows her limits and would take time to unwind through the stressful moments these days.

 

For now, it's good to take advantage of the tranquil approach. Mina keeps in mind her upcoming tasks, but it's best to release those in the meantime.

 

Mina was about to drift off to sleep when a voice reached her ears that made her jolt up, "My, my. The princess hasn't taken her rest yet."

 

Her eyes land on a female climbing up the patio. Mina stands to embrace her, giving her a peck on the cheek.

 

"I missed you, dear," the female says.

 

"I missed you too, Sana-chan," Mina returns.

 

The two sits down; Sana sat on the opposite side. The teacup in front of the latter caught her attention, so she asks, "I assume this was used?"

 

"Don't worry, I asked Yuta to return with newly-brewed tea. I was surprised to hear about your sudden appearance at the palace today," Mina giggles, "Assign an appointment next time, will you?"

 

"We have no time for appointments, dear. You should expect my frequent visits by now."

 

"I was just kidding. No wonder you barge in like a raging bull. How often do you receive lack of work?" Mina inquires, leaning back.

 

Sana contemplates for a bit. She pushed the teacup towards to lean and place her elbows on the table. "I have nothing else to do back in the office. Dad usually plans the marketing strategies nowadays. The product sales are increasing lately, so my dad refused to let me handle it. You know, daddy's business ain't daughter's business."

 

Mina snickered, "I see."

 

Right after a few talks about Sana's ongoing business tasks, Yuta returns with another set of teacups and teapot filled with warm jasmine tea. He greets and bows before the two females and proceeds to pour the tea as Sana initiates, "It's a disappointment how Yuta-san isn't the nation's crown prince."

 

"Well, that time when the media thought I was Your Highness' brother is one moment impossible for me to forget," Yuta laughs it off, "Although, I am nothing but a mere butler." He pours the tea to Mina's teacup next.

 

"You're handsome yourself, that's why. I could've assumed that you were Mina-chan's brother too the first time I met you. I was bewildered when I was only informed of your last name."

 

"Loyalty runs in the Nakamoto family," Mina joins, "If we're being honest, I could portray Yuta as my older brother."

 

Yuta chuckles as he wipes his hands with the towel hanging on his forearm. "What an imagination you have, Your Highness."

 

"There is no lie hidden underneath, Yuta-san. With that visual of yours, you could pass up as the crown prince of Japan," Sana compliments. She starts to drink from the teacup in unison with Mina.

 

"It seems Lady Sana doesn't want to give up, Your Highness," Yuta playfully complains.

 

Mina placed the teacup down and fixed her posture. She giggles and turns her head to face Sana. "We are stating facts here, aren't we?"

 

"Indeed," Sana concurred.

 

The butler sighs and follows a laugh subsequently. "My goodness, you ladies always tend to entertain each other like this. Thank you for the kind comments, either way."

 

The active conversation was short since the butler was called to the kitchen to help prepare for the royal dinner.

 

Sana stirred the tea with her teaspoon while she plants her cheek above her palm. "Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you about your condition back in China."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter