[ chapter vii ]

Selcouth Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here we are at the aftermath of the unforeseen explosion. An abundance of firefighters has arrived shortly after the call, attending to the roaring fire before it spreads throughout the local areas."

 

"It seems that survivors are most likely hard to find in this situation. Authorities are scrutinizing the case thoroughly, especially when the royal family is included in this horrendous consequence."

 

"The royal family is nowhere to be seen as of now. Let's all hope for their safety and the safety of possible missing survivors as well."

 

The television screen transitions to a huge fire emitting from the large dome. Firefighters here and there are scattered to remove the flames as fast as possible. The dome itself is a flaming mess; parts are thrown to the ground in search for potential remaining survivors — if God allowed, may the royal family of Japan be safe and have survived too.

 

The country is in total crisis after hearing the news. Without the Emperor to order a direct demand regarding the predicament, the remaining nobles (relatives, in this case) stand above the rising faith of the citizens to control the unmanageable reactions. 

 

Each and every individual who walks on the Japanese soil prays for the safety of the Myoui family. Just the sudden realization that the members are part of the huge event, which results to the likeliness of their inclusion to the explosion, swells the people's stomachs and some even fainted to the unforeseen headline cast on the top of the live reports announcing that the Nagoya dome has received abrupt bombing without inspection beforehand.

 

Families have fled to the location hastily, bawling their eyes out and pushing themselves against the yellow caution tape wrapped around the smoking and now destructed stadium. Policemen are doing their utmost best to limit the families — as it is for their safety too. The firemen are not sure if the dome will blow up for the second time, especially when the hanging wires are still capable, so the distance between the rebelling families and the authorized personnel are understandable and should be complied by any means.

 

Outside the wide television screen is a pacing businesswoman, hands wrapped below her waist on the back and her feet unable to stop from following a step each second.

 

Ever since she heard the news, she didn't spare a second to command her men to join the authorities in locating the royal family's bodies — living bodies, if the universe did not forsake them.

 

Oh heavens, may the universe be in peace with the country of Japan.

 

Sana wanted to stay still, but she can't with her best friend at risk of danger. With that kind of announcement, "Nagoya dome is said to be detonated!", of course, nobody can keep a single nerve from bursting due to the surging anxiety. Minatozaki Sana is not the one to sit still and wait, but even her presence cannot be tolerated back at the area; the men attending to the investigation under the name Minatozaki is the least she could afford to depend on.

 

The CEO of the company, or also known as the Emperor's personal best friend, was accompanied by the men and was permitted to associate himself with the case. He has single-handedly donated over a million yen to support the case and another batch of millions to the families who are affected.

 

Everything was managed immediately. No one dared to waste time with this kind of circumstance. The future of Japan is on the line if not even one of the members of the Myoui family is safe.

 

Repeated knocking initiates the momentary relief of the businesswoman. She says, "Come in!" before approaching the guest expected to carry a list of answers for her list of questions.

 

"Miss Sana," her secretary bows as she clicks the door shut. "I received a call from Amada-san regarding the investigation."

 

Sana gestures the secretary to sit down on the opposite side of her desk. She furrows her eyebrows with her ears perked up to prepare herself for any breaking information.

 

The secretary observes the eager expression his boss has put up, so she continues with the words she has yet to say, "The fire has been calmed down and the possibility of another impending blow-up has decreased. Policemen have found remaining survivors while the rest have unfortunately passed away because of the pressure exerted by the huge scraps of metal that landed on their bodies."

 

The businesswoman felt her heart break. "That's...I can't even say a thing..."

 

"It's an undesirable yet inevitable situation, Miss," the man lowers his head. "A bomb is said to have caused all these. The people behind the crime are nowhere to be found and that's the worst thing we need to contemplate about."

 

Sana slammed her hand against the surface in anger and frustration, "Those insignificant s! Uneducated s and uncultured swines! How dare they do such a crime?!"

 

The secretary flinched to the abruptness, forcing himself to stand up and calm the furious boss down. "Miss Sana...please calm down."

 

"NO!" Sana interjects, "I will not calm the down until they find Mina!"

 

She was hyperventilating. The lightheadedness is almost overtaking her unstable mindset. The secretary could feel it too, so he rushes to the water dispenser to fetch a glass for Sana to drink and release tension.

 

"The royal family will be safe. Please don't worry yourself with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter