[ chapter i ]

Selcouth Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Make way, make way!"

 

The citizens cramped with the sound of the loud horns wrapping the whole city. Several guards ceased the people from passing the limit they've settled to liberate a spacious path for the upcoming van rolling slowly to reach a not-so-distant Manor.

 

Variety of flowers were tossed to the center, some landed on the top of the van. Due to the uncontrollable crowd, the van had to move slowly to avoid any injuries. Some even raised their cameras to take pictures, while some adults raised their children up to their neck just to witness the legendary entrance.

 

"Crown Princess Myoui! Crown Princess Myoui!" they all cheered.

 

Meanwhile, as the crowd cheered for the royal's name, the crown princess herself smiled through the window, watching the people gleefully call her name. Since the window was filtered and dimmed, none of the citizens can visibly view the individuals inside the van. The princess desired to wave to her people, but the royal personnel wouldn't allow her to roll the window down and stick her hand out.

 

The royal guards lead the driver to safely drive between the rummaging crowds. Both the safety of the individuals inside the van and the safety of the citizens were prioritized.

 

Since the journey was taking too long, the princess sighed. The limit of interaction with her people and the distant ride stole away her interest. She pursed her lips and lowered her head.

 

The young man who sat beside the princess noticed her gestures. Concerned, he asked, "You seem to look stressed, Your Highness. Did the royal family of China provide you with insufficient care? Or is there anything else bothering you?"

 

The princess raised her head, averting her eyes to the man. She shook her head and smiled, faintly. She denied, "The royal family of China was very polite, and they took me as their own blood. I have nothing against them at all," she sighs, "I just realized how much I missed my own people. My schedule was so packed that I couldn't spare some time to hear their conditions."

 

The man giggled, "You really are a selfless leader, Your Highness. This is the exact reason why the people love you to the greatest extent."

 

"Everything is of my personality; I am what I am. My citizens are very important to me, so I should always place them in the center of my proposals," she replies.

 

The van continued rolling, almost reaching their destinations. The crowd increased as they get near, and the loud cheering turned deafening.

 

To ease the atmosphere, the princess spoke, "I forgot to ask for your well-being here in Japan, Yuta. Did the palace treat you well while I was gone?"

 

"Of course, Your Highness. The Emperor always insisted for me to eat dinner with the rest of your relatives, but I couldn't find the right to do so. The Empress was very gentle with her orders, but I made sure to comply with the best of my ability. In summary, everything went well."

 

The princess sent the man, now named Yuta, a genuine smile. "You are the royal family's number one butler, after all. I'm glad you're committed to working in the palace," she chimes.

 

Yuta's eye smile appeared; forming two crescents on his face. "It's a pleasure, Your Highness. I am more than contented to stay."

 

"Did you forget to call me by my first name when we're alone? You've been serving me for ten years already; I feel weird whenever you call me by my title. I gave you the consent to call me informally before I left for China," the princess affirmed.

 

"Likewise, Your Highness. I feel weird whenever I tend to call you by your first name. I feel as if I do not have the right to be informal with you."

 

"You don't have to be formal with me all the time, Yuta. It gets boring every now and then. Let's take the servant-royal relationship to another section, okay? Not to mention, you're older than me by two years only. We should consider having a close and you know, friendly relationship."

 

Yuta's eyes widened; he was taken aback. The crown princess of Japan asking a lowly servant like him for the permission of friendship? This is more than just a dream.

 

The princess turned her head back to the windshield. She crossed her legs and placed her hands on top of her limb. "Now I know what you're thinking: you're clearly hesitating whether to accept it not. This relationship I am asking of you is hard to believe, isn't it? I just don't want you to feel so inferior whenever you're with me, or most importantly, my family. Your commitment is highly appreciated, Yuta. You deserve an award for it.

 

"I can consider anything as an award, but an informal relationship with the Crown Princess? That's way out of my league, Your Highness. That's simply too much."

 

"You don't have to think of it as an award. I'm not forcing you to accept this kind of relationship either. Maybe I just want you to get friendly with me, that's all. No formalities, no immediate obligation, no high respect. Just casual conversations. The limitations of communicating with friends is a real bother when you're stuck in a royal position."

 

Yuta contemplated for a few seconds. He bit his lip and released some air through his nose.

 

"As you wish, Mina."

 

It was a good thing that a wide glass separated the two from the driver's seat, which made their conversation inaudible to the driver.

 

"You're the best," Mina compliments.

 

Later on, the van halts in front of the large marble porch of the modern Japanese palace where the royal family, the Myoui family, resides. The pillars that supported the architecture stood mighty while the crimson cemented walls shone with the sunlight shining pass the rooftop.

 

And yet, the massive crowd did not decrease at all. It was as if the entire population of the country came to witness the ever so beautiful crown princess of Japan, Myoui Mina, step out the pristine van.

 

Her elegant figure caught everyone's attention; even the official photographers lowered their cameras just to see the crown princess with their own eyes. Her white, long sleeve chiffon shirt completely compliments her sharp body features while her black pencil skirt exposed her thin but glowing, peach legs. With the brown loafers to complete the look, her total form defined the words expensive and royalty in the most stunning way possible.

 

Yuta accompanied Mina up to the porch, where the well-known Emperor and Empress stood beside each other, anticipating for their daughter's arrival.

 

"Mina! My lovely princess," the Emperor beamed, embracing his daughter tightly. The Empress joined in, embracing both her husband and her daughter.

 

"We missed you so much, dear. We're pleased to have you back," her mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter