Chapter 9

Deviant

Ten’s days were spent like this. Testings, consoling Jeno because he missed Jaemin so much, and then hanging out at Taeyong’s, followed with the occasional and the almost obligatory make out session. Every day. For what seemed like months. 

 

They had stopped testing if he could control blood, said it was too dangerous. They were just waiting on more mutants so he could test it out on them. Although, bringing in more mutants was hard, he eavesdropped on one of Taeyong’s phone calls after a session. 

 

When he touched Taeyong, he felt safe. Loved, although he knew Ten was a mere way of releasing his frustrations. Taeyong had made it clear, since he said “I could never love a filthy mutant.” every time.  

 

Yes it hurt, deeply. But he didn’t care. He craved Taeyong’s attention. He would get it even if it meant being verbally hurt. He loved when Taeyong let him hug him, when Taeyong kissed him, when Taeyong worshiped his body, and when Taeyong whispered those filthy, yet almost loving words into his ear. A little hurting won’t stop him from wanting Taeyong’s affection.

 

On the other hand, the one that desperately needed affection, was Jeno. Poor boy, he cries at night, calling out Jaemin‘s name, hugging himself. His roommates’ heart ached at the poor sight. They sometimes get in bed with him, and sleep with him, to attempt to comfort him, and this one lies through his smile, saying he’s fine.

 

Ten endlessly wondered how can he help this poor little boy. Maybe Taeyong could help... no it wouldn’t be right, besides, as Taeyong reminds him, he’s just a way to take out his stress on. Oh how he wished he was something more.

 

 

 

Ten was lying down on Taeyong’s warm chest, his cheek pressed to it. He was his hair, making Ten involuntary purr. Taeyong somewhat smiled at the control he had over the mutant. The mutant in his eyes was perfection. Cute lips, petite body, perfect body structure, soft skin, small nose, the list goes on. There was only one thing that bothered him, he was a mutant. Taeyong hated mutants. ‘They’re abominations in this world.’ He thought. Ten was the only exception. You see, Taeyong liked perfect. He needed perfect. His company was perfect, his business strategies were perfect, he was perfect. He owned perfect things, from rare stones, to ancient paintings. That’s why he needed Ten, because he was perfect. There was no other reason.

 

Ten was quiet as Taeyong his hair, not really paying attention to anything but his own thoughts. He didn’t notice Taeyong calling out to him. His attention was suddenly obtained when Ten felt his back suddenly turn scorching hot. He yelped in pain. 

“Something wrong?” Taeyong asked.

“Uh... no, nothing.” He said, not interested in whatever this thing with Taeyong was.

“Tennie, you can’t lie to me. Tell me what’s bothering you.”

Ten rolled his eyes. He was so tired, so done. “Why do you care? I’m mutant.” 

He felt the hotness on his back again, making him curse under his breath.

“Ten, tell me what’s wrong.” He said, a little more demanding this time.

“It’s just..” he sighed, ready to pour most out, “Jeno, he’s my friend.. he’s going through a tough time because his boyfriend is testing his power on him..”

“Well yeah,” Taeyong interrupted, “that’s Mutant Jeno’s purpose.”

“How are you so heartless?” Ten said with a sad tone in his voice, “The boy is suffering so much. He sees him, but he cannot touch him. Talk to him, anything. It’s tearing him apart.” He sniffed. “I want to do something. Scratch that, I need to do something. I can’t bear seeing my best friend suffering because he misses his boyfriend.” 

“I don’t understand,” Taeyong said, now looking completely confused, “how does he miss him? He sees him almost everyday.”

“Exactly! He sees him, it’s like.... like he feels his presence, but he can’t talk to him or touch him. Neither can he. It’s killing him, Taeyong.” 

“You have a good heart, Ten.” He rubbed the place behind his ears, trying to calm him down. “What do you want to do?”

“I...” he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. 

“I want to change my place in N.000 with Jaemin, I’ll change wherever he stays.”

“Tennie,” he frowned, “N.000 is only for important mutants, relevant to our tests.”

“It doesn’t matter!” He cried in frustration. “Taeyong, Jeno is suffering! Besides, isn’t Jaemin important? He’s actually showing progress in his testing, unlike me! You should’ve gotten rid of me years ago!”

 

Taeyong frowned once more, his hand went to the small in Ten’s back, but Ten swatted it away, sitting up and hugging himself, tears streaming down his face.

“The stupid N.000 rules don’t matter to me Taeyong... I honestly don’t know how you haven’t transferred me and put Jaemin instead. He actually showed progress, I haven’t.” He was so frustrated. 

 

Frustrated because he needed so desperately to help Jeno. Frustrated because he was crying in front of Taeyong. Frustrated because he broke down about his worries about his testings. Frustrated because he just wanted Taeyong to hug him and tell him it’ll be alright. 

 

With ready eyes, Ten said in a whisper, “Please Taeyong, help me.” 

Taeyong sighed, and wiped his tears away. 

“Don’t cry, Tennie.” He hugged him, enveloping Ten in a comforting, warm hug. Ten instantly gave in, placing his head below his. 

“Please...” cried Ten, “It pains me so much seeing him like this. Please help them. Help me.” Ten’s silent, tear-filled sobs was the only sound in the white, cold room.

 

They stayed like that. Ten crying, in Taeyong’s warm arms, while Taeyong did his best to calm him. Stayed in silence. Stayed with each other. 

“Sweetie.” Taeyong called, his arms never leaving Ten. He instantly looked up to him, surprised at the new pet name. “I’ll help you.” 

A smile suddenly appeared on his face, hope cascaded in his eyes. “Really?”

He placed his warm lips on his forehead, closing his eyes, as he was relieved to finally see a happy look in his eyes. 

“I don’t like seeing you cry, it pains me seeing the most beautiful thing on Earth suffer.” He kissed his lips softly. His lips weren’t dominating, or demanding as they’ve always been. He was reassuring him, telling he’ll be there, with actions instead of words. He was too afraid. 

‘Why am I feeling like this?’ Taeyong questioned himself.

“I’ll tell Doyoung to transfer Jaemin to N.000. While for you...” he took a deep breath, trying to push this weird feeling in his chest away, “you’ll stay with me. You’ll be picked up for your tests from here.” 

 

Ten smile shrunk, but it was still there. “Thank you, so much.” 

“Remember,” he broke off before Ten could say more, “I’m only doing this because you asked me to, not for love. I could never love a mutant.” Taeyong said, a little cold, but it sounded like he was telling himself. 

 

 

 

When the door to N.000 was opened, Jeno dropped to his knees, tears filling up his eyes.

“Jaemin... “, he whispered, not believing what he saw. “Jaemin..”. He ran to him, taking Jaemin in his arms, kissing his cheek, nose, lips, anywhere he could. He was finally able to touch him. 

“I’m home.” Jaemin managed to say between his tears, holding Jeno for dear life.

They hugged, cried, kissed, and laughed. They were together. That was all that mattered, they could finally be with each other.

 

Ten saw the scene through the CCTV, a wide smile on him. He finally made Jeno happy. He was finally with his love.

 

Taeyong watched Ten secretly, his smile bringing him comfort to his stressed heart. He wanted to keep him like this forever. His smile made him feel... funny. His chest swelled, and he felt like Ten was the most precious gem. What was this feeling?