Chapter 3

Deviant

Doyoung held Ten’s shoulder tightly, as he carried poor Sicheng to this Taeyong’s office. Sicheng every now and then whimpered or softly pleaded for something. “Please make it stop..” or “It hurts..” were what he mainly said. Even though Ten had no idea what he was talking about, his heart still clenched.

 

Doyoung led them to an elevator, and pressed for the highest floor. Ten turned his head, and saw that the elevator had a glass looking at the city. It was so polluted, full of human’s creations. Neon, brown, black, not a single touch of green or any natural color for that matter. No parks, no gardens, no trees. Ten remembered back when he could run around the gardens. Play with the fountains’ water to impress the other kids, without the constant worry of being killed. When did it turn out like this? When-

 

“We’re here, water boy.” Doyoung interrupted his thoughts. Ten gulped audibly, which brought a grin to Doyoung’s face. 

 

He saw a man with red hair, looking out the window. There was a desk in the middle of the room, and the window at it’s right side. Behind the desk was a board with pictures. People, mutants to be exact. He recognized them, he even saw himself in there, Jeno too, and this Sicheng boy as well. ‘This is some sort of evilcliché.’ Ten thought.

 

Doyoung pushed Ten, still holding Sicheng, sitting him in a white, spotless couch

“Stay.” Doyoung commanded, as if Ten was a dog. He mentally rolled his eyes at him. 

 

“Oh Taeyong.” Doyoung sang as he made his way to the other, patting his shoulder affectionately. “I brought some news, new mutants, and,” he smiled, “new ‘test subjects’.” 

Taeyong whipped his head to look at him. 

“Tell me.” 

“Well. We took mutants from 2 and a half shelters. The other half escaped, but,” he shook his head, smiling, “they won’t make it far.” 

The other smiled triumphantly, “Continue.”

“Sichengie,” his smile turned affectionate, “he finally fully showed me what he can do. He made a boy vomit rose petals, until he threw up blood and passed out! About that boy, that’s one of the new test subjects.” He made his way to the board, each stepped clicked, and Ten’s worries grew by the second.

 

He pointed at Jeno’s picture. “Lee Jeno. Practically indestructible. When others cried and begged for Sicheng to stop when he only used half of his ability, Lee Jeno took it fully. Even smiled sweetly, and encouraged Sicheng to do it.” 

“Where is he now?” 

“Well, at first he passed out in a pool of his own blood.” He rolled his eyes, “Don’t worry though, I already sent someone to take him to the medic.” 

“What about the other test subjects?”

“Well, it’s test subject.” He turned to Ten, his gaze suddenly cold. “Come, leave Sicheng.” 

 

Ten’s hands shook in nervousness as he made his way to the other men. He took slow steps, which made Doyoung throw him a glare. Ten understood, and quickly made his way to Doyoung’s side. 

 

Doyoung patted his back hard, but with a sense of... pride? Ten brushed it off. 

“This cute fellow here,” he pointed at his picture then ruffled Ten’s hair, “has the power to control any type of liquid. Our data bases couldn’t find his name, which probably means he’s a foreigner. I haven’t tested with his power, but I have an idea.”

 

Taeyong scanned Ten, from head to toe. Even though Taeyong was the one that was bringing his specie to an end, he was quite handsome. Big sharp eyes, perfect eyebrows, slim face, sharp jawline, every bit of him was practically perfect. Taeyong nodded his head in approval, Ten didn’t know at what, either to Doyoung’s idea, or Ten.

 

“If he can truly control any liquid, then by its means, he can control blood.” Blood? Ten had never tried to control it. Yes it is thicker than most liquids, but only when it’s out of the body. 

 

Ten became scared when Taeyong patted his lap. “Come.” He said with authority. He didn’t waste a heartbeat. Taeyong gently undid the knots in his hair. With a sense of security, Ten relaxed. “Is it true?” Taeyong asked gently, “Can you control liquids?” Ten nodded.

“I mainly use it to control water and my own sweat though.”

“Well, we’ll just have to try.” His hand went to his shoulders and slowly massaged the area. “Tell me, what’s your name, sweetie?”

“Well, my name is Chittaphon Leechaiyakul, but since that’s too long, people usually call me Ten.”

“Ten? So from Thailand.” Taeyong and Doyoung shared a look, “I promise I won’t hurt you. But if by some reason you disobey whatever I say, then some sort of punishment will have to be withstood. Understand?” Ten nodded. With a smile, Taeyong turned to Doyoung, “Will you take him to N.000, Doyoung?”