Chapter 5

Deviant

Ten’s nervousness was eating him alive. He left the room, with Jeno worried about him, Sicheng was clearly confused, and Yuta was afraid for him. He didn’t know why, but judging by the kind of test subject Yuta is, he has most probably seen the ugly sides of Taeyong and Doyoung.

 Ten followed the intern, finally being able to see the other rooms. He counted 5 rooms in the corridor,counting the room they were in, all filled with mutants. He noticed that all of them were placed a bit far from each other, to not notice the others, yet near enough to not walk much from one to the other. A big, white, double door, which probably was the lab, was placed at the end of the corridor. An elevator was seen at the other end.

Ten and the intern stepped in and pressed the button. ‘G4’. “Give me your hands.” He gave her a questioning look. “I-I, It’s just that uh uh.” She calmed herself. “You will be exiting the N. Room Facility, therefore you must wear this to prevent an incident. If Mr. Taeyong wishes to remove them, then he may. Now, give me your hands.” He snorted. ‘So much for being nervous and flustered.’ He thought. Not left with much of a choice, he did as he was told.

The doors were opened, and they stepped out, a small white room, enough for 2 people to fit in, and a white door with a code panel to its side. The intern knocked softly.

Taeyong opened the door, looking the same as a few.....hours? ago. He didn’t exactly know how much time passed after their previous encounter. “Ah, Seulgi. Thank you for bringing Ten for me. You are dismissed.” He waved his hand for her to leave. She bowed, and left. “Come in, Tennie.”

The room looked so.... white. Everything was white. The walls, the couch, the table, the lights, everything. It had a big couch looking at a big TV, with a coffee table in front of it. To its side, there was a kitchen and a bar. Between those two was a long dining table. Stairs were seen at the corner of the room, leading to what seemed to be an office and a bedroom. The bathroom was next to the stairs. The room was quite big. To what he could see, there were no windows.

“Sit, Ten.” He didn’t notice that Taeyong sat down, and was patting the place next to him. Ten cautiously went, a storm of doubts and possible scenarios pouring over him. Taeyong laid back and looked at him, Ten couldn’t really read his thoughts.

“Want something to drink?” He suddenly asked.

“Uh... water.. please.” Taeyong smiled softly, and stood up. “So, Ten, you’re from Thailand right? Tell me, how did you end up in South Korea?” He asked from the kitchen. “Uh yes. So, when the ban was placed in Thailand, I ran to Vietnam, in a trailer. I got a steady job there, as a PA for this CEO of a medical company. Then the ban was placed there, they never knew I was mutant though. Luckily, they had a meeting in China. As soon as we got there, I ran. I got a job at a car wash. Then the ban was placed. I looked for a way to escape the country. Thankfully, I found a shipping boat in the coast of Shanghai, and I hid myself in there. I didn’t know it was headed to South Korea, I just wanted to run. To my luck, I arrived to find that the ban was already placed. I gave up. What was the point? Running to Japan would be too risky. Luckily, I found a shelter with other mutants.... and now I’m here.” Taeyong sat down next to him. “I see.” he drank out of what seemed to be green tea, “I understand there are ranks in mutant society. What is yours, Tennie?” “Oh, I’m a lim.” “I also heard that you were head of your shelter along... Jeno?” “Yes, Jeno, and yes we were.” They stayed in a long awkward silence, neither one of them said much. Taeyong sat relaxed drinking, while Ten sat straight, cautious and nervous.

“Mr...?”, Ten said, breaking the silence. “Please, call me hyung.” Taeyong smiled. “Hyung, I don’t mean to be rude, but, what was the reason for you to meet me in private?” “Ah yes. You see Ten, even though you are a lim, you have so much room for growth, you may even reach to be a neo.” He looked at his wrists, and let out a soft little giggle. “Oh Seulgi, you’re such a rule follower. Sorry she did that, here.” He took of his cuffs and set them aside. “Okay, as I was saying, you have room for growth. You have the power to control liquids, even blood. You can become my next spy Tennie,” his hand softly caressed Ten’s cheek. “You can train under my watch, be a neo..” his hand went to Ten’s. “Be mine.” He whispered. “Yours? Hyung, first of all, we just met. You’re the one that is making other mutants’ life miserable. Yes you are attractive, but that doesn’t matter. Hyung, this will definitely sound rude, but... hyung, your first impression wasn’t a good one.”

Taeyong just looked at him. Was he stunned? Confused? Angry? Sad? ‘What is going on inside your head Lee Taeyong?’ Ten thought. Taeyong sighed, and rubbed his hands and head frantically, his gaze leaving the other. “Alright. Okay.” He looked at Ten, his look now even more unreadable than previously. He took Ten’s had, and softly kissed it. “I’ll work hard. I’ll make you fall. I always win.” He said the last sentence almost inaudible. He took out his phone, brought to his ear, and sighed. “Seulgi? Come fetch him will you, darling? Also...” he looked at Ten straight in the eye. “Prepare the lab.”

Taeyong stood up, a dark look reigning on his face. He walked towards Ten, making said one take a step back unconsciously. Taeyong smirked at the fear, and held Ten’s waist possessively, pulling him towards him. He kissed his cheek softly. “You didn’t even drink your water.” He whispered.