Chapter 6

Deviant

Taeyong had commanded Ten to stay outside of his room, and wait for Seulgi. His voice sounded frantic, yet cold and dominating. He went off after that, leaving Ten alone and wondering about the whole lab thing. He wasn’t dumb, he knew he was going to have his first experience in the lab. He was just so afraid, and wished he was just overthinking. He didn’t know what they could do to him; Doyoung had mentioned that he was going to be tested if he could control blood, but how? He couldn’t even imagine what poor Yuta and Sicheng went through, to the point Sicheng became afraid of himself. He couldn’t even imagine Yuta’s state.  

 

It didn’t take long for Seulgi to come pick him up. She didn’t say a word, she seemed like a different person than before to be honest. They entered the elevator, and she just, looked foward. They eventually reached the N. Room Facility, and she took him straight to his room. It seemed she was about to leave when, she suddenly spoke, totally different from before.

“Mutant Ten, you are to change into the clothes that will be soon handed to you. Someone will come get you and take you to the laboratory, as soon as you step inside, you are expected to follow every single command given. Understand?” Ten nodded, shocked at her sudden change. “Dismissed.” She shoved Ten inside the room, and slammed the door behind him.

 

“Hyung!” Jeno said as he ran to him, checking for any injuries on him. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah.. I’m fine.” He said.

“What happened?” Sicheng asked, expectedly in Yuta’s arms.

“Well.. it was, strange, really.” Ten ruffled his hair, still processing everything. “Well uh, first he asked me how I got to South Korea, then he suddenly started rambling how a lim like me can turn into a neo.” 

“A neo?” Sicheng asked, confused by all the turns Ten’s encounter with Taeyong had.

“Yeah. He said I could spy for him, even though I have no idea how my water controlling powers could ever help to spy. He said I could train under his watch. Then...” his hand went to touch the cheek previously held, his touch lingering there. The warmness of his hand, the gentle way he had touched him. It was hard to believe that this man had created his kind’s doom. 

“He said I could be his. I kindly rejected him after that, then he started muttering. He then called someone to prepare the lab. A little while after that, he left.”

“It must’ve been scary.” Yuta whispered.

 

They stayed in silence after that. The only audible sound being Yuta’s and Sicheng’s sweet whispers to each other. After a while, three pair of clothes were dispensed though the little door. Ten went over and examined them. It was a loose white shirt, some baggy white sweatpants, and white socks, all neatly folded and wrapped in a plastic bag. These were probably the clothes Seulgi had mentioned.

“Oh no. Oh no, no no no.” He heard Yuta say. Suddenly breaking away from Sicheng. He started pacing back and foward, all over the room. 

“I can’t go back in there. I just can’t- I can’t I can’t I can’t.”

“Yuta, breathe.” Sicheng said.

“Oh God, what will they make me do now? Why did they have to find us? Why... why- Oh God, I can’t breathe. I can’t-”

“Yuta, calm down.”

“No! No, Sicheng! They took everything away from us! They made you hate your power, and they’re making me create things for them until I bleed or pass out. Why can’t we just be happy?! Tell me Sicheng, tell me, why are they so interested in-“

“I said calm down, Yuta!” He screamed. Ten and Jeno couldn’t do anything but watch, stunned by Sicheng suddenly raising his voice. 

 

Tears soon pooled in Yuta’s eyes, threatening to fall as he stared at his boyfriend’s eyes. Sicheng walked to him, and pulled him down to hug him. Yuta finally gave in, and started sobbing into the other’s shoulder.

“I don’t want to go back, Winko.” He said, his voice full of sadness. “I want to go back to our small cute home, filled with your flowers. I want... I want to go back to being happy.” 

“Oh Yuta,” he softly his hair, “it’ll all be okay.” 

“Will it? Will it, Winko?”

“Yes.” He didn’t sound convincing, but it was enough.  “I’m here, you’ll come back to me, okay?” Yuta nodded, head still resting on his shoulder.

 

When Yuta turned to them, his eyes were scarlet red. “Sorry you had to see that. Now, let’s get changed.” It was amazing how he had reconstructed his voice in such a small period of time. 

“Let me tell you this,” Sicheng said, “they only dispensed three bags of clothing, since.. I’m not being tested in the lab, but in the torture rooms, or as Doyoung likes to call them, information rooms. Tennie, if Taeil determines your power is good enough, you’ll start training, then become a neo, then join me in the torture rooms.” He paused, then smiled sombrely. “I used to be a mutant before I came here. Doyoung came up with my testing purpose and I trained to become a neo..”

“You’re a neo, hyung?” Jeno said surprised, now dressed in the lab clothes.

“Yeah. Yuta was stronger than me though,” he giggled, “he was the only met in our small little community. Well, we both eventually trained to be neos.”

“What are you guys?” Yuta asked, now in his lab clothes.

“Oh I’m a lim.” Ten said, now in his lab clothes too. “In our shelter, Jeno and I were lims, we were the only ones, so we were in charge. Our shelter was actually really small, so it wasn’t rare if they went to another shelter for food.”

“I always escaped at night,” Jeno spoke with a sad, yet happy look, “to see my boyfriend, Jaemin. He was a pen, he was crazy strong.”

“What was his power?”

“His power? He could control clouds, make them rain, make them snow, even thunderstorms. We always used to talk about joining our shelters, but... we never got around to that.” 

There was a loud knock, shocking all four boys. The door was opened by a short guy. 

“Hi Mutant Nakamoto, nice seeing you again!~ Hi Mutant Lee and Mutant Ten!~ I’m Taeil, follow me, it’s time to run some tests on you guys.”