CHAPTER TWO ~ BACK TO THE LIFE WHERE I BELONG

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER TWO

Back to the life where I belong

After the training is over, I walk back upstairs and I get dressed. It was amazing to train again, even though it's meant for when the civil war is about to break out. I put on a black top without sleeves and black pants. I take out the rubber band out of my hair and my long black locks swirl next to my face. I walk downstairs and a few maids greet me, who I greet by a simple bow.

''Your Majesty, did you have a great time in the United Kingdom?'' one of the maids asks and I nod with a smile.

''Yes, I have had a great time in the United Kingdom. But I always love it to be back home.'' I tell them and I bow one more time, before I walk away. I'm glad that the people inside these walls have missed me, because 6 years is quite long to be away from home. Maybe even too long... I walk to the livingroom and I join the rest of the family, who apparently were watching a show on TV. Ji Seul leans against me and I look at her.

''How was your time in the United Kingdom?'' Ji Seul asks and right at that moment, everyone looks at me.

''Yeah Taekwoon, tell us about your time there. We would like to know everything.'' my mum says and everyone agrees. The past 6 years were amazing and I was treated like an average person, something I secretly had desired.

''The people there saw me as one of them and they treated me like them, which was great. I had studied hard and I have met a few people there who were also only there for their studies. I lived in a small apartment with a few people who I attended classes with, but I had a lot of fun with them.'' I tell them and my parents smile. As long as I go abroad for studies and as long as I don't act spoiled, my parents are fine with whatever I do when I am far away from my parents.

''We're glad that you're returned as a graduated prince, because you were truly missed.'' my dad says and places a hand on my shoulder. I smile and I look at my siblings, who look at me with a smile in return.

~*~

After an hour, a maid comes into the livingroom to announce that our diner is ready.

''And welcome back, prince Taekwoon.'' a maid says and leaves the livingroom. My first diner at home after 6 years and I can't wait to have cosy conversations with my family again at the dining table. Not that I didn't like it to spend those 6 years with my friends there, but you still miss home. All of us get up and we walk to the diningroom with our parents in the lead.

Even the diningroom hasn't changed in the past 6 years, it's just cleaner compared to 6 years ago. I must sit next to my dad, because I am the heir to the throne. I follow my parents and I sit down on my chair, which is extremely clean too. Wow, I really missed this. 6 years is way too long to be away from home, but I went to the United Kingdom for my studies.

''Alright Taekwoon, how does it feel to sit here again?'' my dad asks and looks at me. It feels great to be back, even though I have to get used to the fact that they maids call me a prince. I look with a smile at my dad and I place a hand on his.

''It's amazing to be back again, because I really missed this.'' I say and even my mum smiles. The Jung family is back together, that's the most important. The cloches are being brought in and place in front of us on the table. Once all the cloches are brought in, the cloches are raised up and there we have a very classy dish... Filled pasta shells with ricotta and spinach. Wow, it's been a long time since I have had this. I only got British dishes in the United Kingdom and I ate like any other average person. The waiters walk away and I look at my parents.

''I really missed this, I didn't get these dishes over there.'' I tell them and my dad smiles, he's glad I'm finally going to eat these classy dishes again.

~*~

During diner, we mainly talk about my 6 year journey in the United Kingdom. My dad still is sad about the fact that my family couldn't be there when I graduated.

''Dad, why not celebrating it here? My friends there thought the same as you two do, but I told them that I wanted to celebrate it with you aswell.'' I say and my mum smiles. I know it's hard for my parents to realise that they couldn't be there when I graduated, but I want to celebrate it with them aswell.

''Well, we should start with the preparations soon then.'' Ji Seul says and I look at her with a smile. I don't want such a big party, because it's just for my family. And I don't want my people to know it right away, because I don't know how they will react. Are they happy that I'm back? Or are they going to start the war? I want to celebrate my return with just my family, I'll see later on how I will announce my return to my people.

Then, my youngest sister Ji Yeon rushes to me and wraps her arms around my leg before she starts to cry. Ji Yeon is only 5 years old and wasn't born yet when I left, my mum was pregnant with her when I left. But Ji Seul told me that my parents and my siblings told a lot about me and showed Ji Yeon photos of me. I lift her up and I pull Ji Yeon in for a hug.

''Ji Yeon missed you.'' Ji Yeon says and I press a kiss on her head. I'm glad I finally can hold my youngest sister in my arms.

~*~

FLASHBACK

With a lot of reluctance, my stuff is loaded into the carriage. I will go to the United Kingdom for my studies and I have to get used to a life of an average person. Not that I complain or so, but it's hard to leave my family behind. Especially my mum, who was 6 months pregnant with my youngest sister. I feel heartbroken when I look at my mum's swollen stomach, because I know I won't be there when my sister will be born. But hey, I have to study abroad to save the kingdom. Not that there are any problems now, but my dad wants me to have more knowledge before I take the crown.

The entire family is outside and I take a deep breath when I start to hug my siblings. They're pretty young, but they are old enough that I am out of their picture for 6 years. I then hug Ji Seul, who doesn't stop crying. 

''My dear sister, don't forget I'll be back before you even realise it. 6 years sounds long, but they pass by before you realise it.'' I tell Ji Seul and she cries even harder when I let go of her, because this is my last hug I give her. I then hug my other siblings, until I am about to hug my dad. Tears fill my eyes and my dad pulls me in for a hug. I feel his hands on my back and I wrap my arms tighter around my dad.

''My son, you will do well in the United Kingdom. I know you will study hard to return as a graduated prince. I believe in you.'' my dad says and lets go of me. Tears are streaming down my face and my dad whipes them away. Then, it's time to hug my mum. I sigh and I carefully wrap my arms around her. And just like my dad, my mum's hands are felt on my back.

A few little kicks are being felt against my stomach, my sister wants to let me know already that she will miss me. I let go of my mum and I place my hands on both sides of my mum's stomach.

''Be a good girl and don't hurt your mummy, okay? I cannot wait to see you when I come back.'' I say and I kiss my mum's stomach, before I turn to the carriage.

''Your Majesty, the carriage is ready.'' the coachman says and I nod. I look over my shoulder and I sigh, before I turn my head again and I get in the carriage. I look outside and I wave at my family. It's hard to leave them behind, but it's all for the best. As soon as the carriage drives away, I sigh and tears stream down my face. It's reality now that I won't see or hear anyone of my family.

END OF FLASHBACK