CHAPTER TEN ~ PEACE RETURNS

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER TEN

PEACE RETURNS

Shortly after we arrive at the palace, Changmin and Hongki are waiting for me. They sigh out of relief to see me and Ji Yeon, but they are immediately worried about the other members of my family.

''My siblings are still there and sadly, the king has been killed. I returned to bring back the peace in this kingdom, that's what the citizens want. As long as I'm not going to rule over this kingdom, the citizens will keep going with their war against us.'' I tell them and Hongki nods, before he rushes inside. Changmin looks at the four vampires and looks back at me.

''You took the three creatures with you that our kingdom don't like, why Your Majesty?'' Changmin asks and I get off Hakyeon's back. Hongbin hands me my stuff and I look at the vampires.

''You are invited in.'' I tell the four vampires and they nod, before they follow me and Changmin. Ji Yeon is still asleep in Ren's arms and isn't aware of that we're back home.

In the mean time, I explain to Changmin that it's my decision to let the vampires move in and that they are very protective over us. I tell him how Ren grew close to Ji Yeon and how I grew close to Hakyeon.

''So these vampires don't harm us? Is that right, Your Majesty?'' Changmin asks and I nod. That's when I tell him how Ren, Wonshik, Hongbin and Hakyeon welcomed us and how they made us feel like home when Hakyeon invited us in. But I also tell Changmin that not every vampire is like they are, I am positive that there are also some vampires we rather don't deal with.

That's when the maids come towards us and tell me how happy they are for me to be back, but they also wonder where the others are. I sigh and Hakyeon takes my hand in his within seconds, something that the maids notice.

''My siblings ,except for the youngest, are still on the run. And unfortunately, His Majesty the King has been killed.'' I tell them and I close my eyes, before I hear the maids gasp and some even start to cry. We weren't on the run for long, but a lot has happened in that short amount of time.

''His Majesty returned to take the crown and to bring back peace to this kingdom, he told me that this is what his people want.'' Hakyeon steps up and I hear the maids agree with him. I open my eyes and I look at Hakyeon. Did he stood up for me in front of the maids?

It's that moment that Hongki returns with one of our main servants... Seunggi. Seunggi has been with us a few months before I was born and got in here after he applied to become my parents' servant. After I was born, Seunggi sorta became my personal servant and he took care of me whenever my parents were gone to a meeting. Seunggi was basically babysitting me.

~*~

The clan makes a walk through the garden and I have a chat with Hongki and Seunggi. We talk about what we have to prepare for the ceremony. Now that my parents can't do it anymore, the servants have to take this task. My siblings can't do it either, but I hope that they will return one day.

''But it also has to be announced, because I still sensed some restlessness from the kingdom.'' I tell them and Hongki gets up from his seat.

''I'll do it now Your Majesty, because a lot of people are still in front of the gates.'' Hongki says and leaves the livingroom, before he rushes upstairs. Then, it's Seunggi who looks at me.

''Did you really spent time with those vampires Your Majesty? How did you end up there?'' Seunggi asks and I swallow, before I start to speak.

''We were on the run and the carriage couldn't go any further at some point. The coachman said that we had to stay there and it was then that one of the vampires was with us as he invited us to stay with them.'' I tell Seunggi and I can see that he bites his lip.

I can hear some cheers from outside and I sigh out of relief, because it means that the citizens are glad that I returned and that I claim the position I should've gotten earlier.

''We have to crown you today, Your Majesty. We can't wait any longer with it. A lot has to happen and the kingdom needs its structure again, because the kingdom has been damaged severely.'' Seunggi says and gets up, before he reaches out his hand to me. I take his hand and I get up too. We leave the livingroom, but I tell Seunggi that I have to call the vampires so that they can be there too. I took them with me for a reason.

Seunggi nods and I let go of his hand, before making my way to the garden.

''Vampires, come here! The kingdom is going to get its peace back, because I'll get the crown on my head today!'' I say loud and within seconds, the four vampires are in front of me and Ren has Ji Yeon on his back.

''R-Right now?'' Wonshik asks and I nod.

''Yes Wonshik. Ever since my dad refused to crown me as the new king, the kingdom tried to do everything to get him killed. As long as I'm not going to rule over this kingdom, the citizens keep threatening to kill my dad.'' I explain and the vampires nod, before they follow me inside. We make our way upstairs and we enter the balcony, where Hongki is already waiting for us.

The citizens cheer louder when they see me and I wave at them.

''Ladies and gentlemen. Today is the day that the crown prince returned home and now is the moment that the war is over for good, because the crown prince will step up as your new king.'' Hongki announces and the cheers keep going. I actually was preparing myself to make an oath, but there's no time for that. My life will change for good after Hongki places the crown on my head. From now on, I have to promise whatever the citizens were hoping for.

Hongki places the crown on my head and I wave at the citizens again. They scream in the mean time 'Long live our new king!' and I smile, before we make our way inside. I don't know how fast that happened, but the right choices have been made.

''Thanks you two, thanks for helping me out. Even though this happened faster than I expected.'' I tell Hongki and Seunggi, before the two bow and leave me behind with the vampires and Ji Yeon.

''Taekwoon is the king now.'' Ji Yeon says as she reaches out her arms to me. I pick her up and I pull Ji Yeon in for a tight hug. I'm glad that she and Ren have such a strong bond, because I can't imagine it to see the sad face of Ji Yeon after she would find out that I left her behind.

I look at the vampires and they bow for me aswell. Once they get up, Hakyeon hooks my arm in his. I chuckle and Ji Yeon looks at him.

''It's a reality now that we're living with the king that I've had a crush on since he was born.'' Hakyeon chuckles and kisses my cheek.

I hope that I can keep these vampires under control when they stay here.

~*~

A year later

Life was peaceful again in the Jung kingdom. Ever since I returned to the kingdom, the citizens are happier than they have been before. Everything that was damaged, has been repaired and everything looks like as if it never got damaged.

My mum got the funeral she deserved and my dad's body has never been found. Hakyeon told me he already barried my dad's body, so I should take his words as the truth. Speaking of Hakyeon, we're dating. Hakyeon and I are officially dating now, I really feel like the happiest person in the world.

Ren grew more closer to Ji Yeon and the two are inseparable. Honestly, it's cute to see them like this. Not only does Ji Yeon have me as her rolemodel, Ren is her rolemodel too.

My other siblings didn't return after I left them at the old shelter of the vampires. They either died or moved on, but all of their belongings are kept in the basement. In case that they will return to pick up their stuff.

I hope that my parents are proud of me, I hope that they'll look down on me from heaven. As long as I know that they're watching me, I have the strength to move on. 

The vampires managed to get used to their life here with me and the maids keep in mind that the vampires drink blood instead of eating food like we do. 

Honestly, I'm glad that I'm back. After I returned from the United Kingdom, I never would've expected my life to change so much like that. But I'm glad that everything ended well and I'm glad that the kingdom has found its peace again.