CHAPTER ONE ~ NOT THE 'WELCOME HOME' I EXPECTED

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER ONE

Not the 'Welcome Home' I expected

It's been 6 years since I was home, it's been 6 years since I lived as a prince. And honestly, I liked it to live like a normal person. No one has treated me like a prince, because I didn't want to claim all the attention. I mean, I'm just like them anyways. I'm very thankful to the British people for giving me 6 years to remember.

Right now, I'm in a carriage on my way home. Our Kingdom can't be reached by car or by bike, you only can reach it by carriage or if you simply decide to walk. I'm curious how my family will react when I return, but I'm sure that they're gonna be happy. Also, I wanna know what had happened in the Kingdom. Because I haven't had any contact with my parents in the past 6 years. I can't wait to be home again, I can't wait to tell them what I have done in these 6 years that I spent in the United Kingdom.

''Your Majesty, we arrive at the palace within 30 minutes.'' the coachman says and I nod. I still have to wait 30 minutes and I can tell my family what my life was like for the past 6 years in the United Kingdom.

''Did you have an amazing time in the United Kingdom, Your Majesty?'' the coachman asks and I nod.

''I have had an amazing time in the United Kingdom, but it's always great to go home too.'' I tell him and I smile. The coachman nods and I look outside again. It's quiet outside. Well, quiet? Only a few people are outside and waving at me. And ofcourse, I wave back.

I had expected a bigger 'Welcome Home' from my people, but I forgive them. I will ask my parents what had happened. Wait, I can try to ask the coachman.

''Can I ask you something?'' I ask and the coachman nods.

''Did something happened in the Kingdom that makes the Kingdom look like an abandoned place?'' I ask and the coachman takes a deep breath.

''Shortly after you left to the United Kingdom, the atmosphere became grim. The people threatened your father to stand up against him, because they no longer want to wait for you to become the king. But even among the people themselves, the atmosphere became grim. They didn't let go of each other, which ended into big fights. And it might be possible a war is about to come out.'' the coachman says and I take a deep breath.

Would it be my fault that I went abroad to study? Was it smart enough to leave? I feel guilty if I think of about the Kingdom.

~*~

After 30 minutes, we arrive at the palace and the entire Jung family is outside waiting for me. I get out of the carriage and my siblings run towards me, shortly before they pull me into a group hug.

''Taekwoon-ah, we have missed you so much! 6 years was way too long for being separated from us.'' Ji Seul says and I giggle. 6 years is indeed way too long, but this was the duration of my study. Then, my parents give me a hug and they smile.

''Welcome home, Taekwoon.'' my dad says and I smile. The maids get everything out of the carriage and they bring everything inside the palace. Then, I hear the sound of an arrow flashing by and it ends in the gate. On the arrow, there is a small note ,which I remove from the arrow, and my eyes widen as soon as I read it.

''Step down as our king or we will burn everything down!'' the note says and I show the note to the rest of the family.

''Go inside and start immediately with training, Taekwoon! You have to be prepared when the war is near.'' my dad says and grabs my arm. We run inside and my dad pushes me upstairs.

''Get changed and start your training.'' my dad says and I take a deep breath while I walk to my room. Nothing has really changed, except for the fact it's well organised and clean now. I walk to my closet and open my closet.

Everything is still like I left it 6 years ago. I never had to realise I had to fight for my life one day, until now. I take some clothes out of my closet ,which I now and then wore during practice, and I get dressed. I wear a plain black T-Shirt, black pants with some protections for my knees and dark colored shoes. I bind up my hair into a ponytail and I go downstairs. I had expected another kind of 'Welcome Home', but I probably don't realise how worse the situation has gotten during my absence.

But I'm still not ready to take the throne. I mean, I'm back after a study which lasted 6 years and I don't want to think of taking the throne right now. I can't do that.

~*~

''Great job, Your Majesty. It's good to see you still master the skills after 6 years of being away. It seems life between the average human has done you well.'' my trainer says and I take a deep breath to control my breathing again. Sweat is dripping down my body and I take a towel to dab.

The practicing room is quite large if I may tell you. It looks like a huge temple on the outside and it's located in the middle of our big garden. After a little break, we continue to practice. This time, I practice with two swords. Because it can happen that I once will have opponents who wanna fight me with swords. Everytime my trainer tries to attack, I defend myself. But every now and then, I try to attack myself but my attacks aren't that fantastic. But hey, I have been away for 6 years.

''Your attacks aren't as good as they should be, am I right Your Majesty?'' my trainer asks and I shake my head.

''No, but I've been away for 6 years. So I blame it on my studies.'' I tell him and my trainer nods. Well, I'm glad I can practice again. I can improve my skills again and I'm happy I can train again.

''Alright, let's continue shall we?'' my trainer says and I nod. My trainer attacks again and again, I defend myself. But hey, practice makes perfect.

~*~

A/N Here it is, the first chapter of Finding My Way To You. I hope you guys like this one a bit too. This story popped up very randomly in my mind and I thought it would be fun to do something with it. As for the Supportive Cast in my foreword, I don't know what kind of character they will be in the story. But I have enough time to sort things out. This photo below is supposed to be the ''practice room'' Taekwoon described a bit in this chapter. This photo came the closest to what I had in mind.