CHAPTER THREE ~ BITTER SWEET REUNION

Finding My Way To You

CHAPTER THREE

Bitter Sweet Reunion

After diner, I'm in the livingroom with all of my siblings. Jiyeon is on my lap and her head rests against my chest, making me smile as when I pull her closer to me.

''We have missed you a lot, Taekwoon. It was boring without you here.'' Ji Seul says and I smile at her. I am the sunshine in the household according to them, but I don't see myself like that. It might make sense though, but I've gotta focus on some important cases. Such as the crowning, which will take place whenever my dad thinks he is ready to hand it over to me. But I'm happy to be back, because I missed my family a lot. I mean, I couldn't turn to my family during my studies whenever I needed them. Not that I didn't like my friends there, but I sometimes felt such a big desire for a hug from for example my mum. 

Ji Yeon starts to cry and wraps her little arms even more tight around me.

''Shh Ji Yeon, I won't leave you again.'' I whisper in her ear and I streak through her hair. My parents and my siblings must've told Ji Yeon about me and they must've showed her some photos of me. 

''Ji Yeon honey, Taekwoon is graduated from school and doesn't have to leave us anymore.'' Kyung Mi says and smiles. I understand that it's hard for Ji Yeon to understand, but she will understand it when she is older. Ji yeon looks at me with her teary eyes and a little smile appears on her face.

''Taekwoon is sweet.'' Ji Yeon says with her tiny voice and a big smile appears on my face. I whipe away her tears and I streak through her pitch black hair again. I really wanna become an example for Ji Yeon when I'm following my dad into his footsteps, I want to show her that you can do anything you want if you chase your dreams. But I hope it remains peaceful for a while, because I'm scared I might lose my title if we have to flee.

I don't want that the kingdom is becoming a mess. I place my head upon Ji Seul's shoulder and she streaks through my hair on her turn.

''Welcome home, brother. We've missed your prescense a lot.'' Haneul says and I look at him with a smile. I'm becoming a lot more closer now than I was with them 6 years ago.

~*~

I then look up when I hear some screaming coming from outside. Then, it's Changmin who rushes into the room and fear is shown in his eyes.

''Your Majesty, I am sorry to inform you that Your Majesty The Queen has been killed by an arrow which was meant to kill her.'' Changmin says and I put Ji Yeon next to me on the couch. My mum has been murdered shortly after I returned from my studies abroad. I feel empty, as if my spirit went with her to Heaven. I collapse on the floor and tears stream down my face. Is this an action to force my dad to step down? Or was this meant for me? I don't know, but let's not think too much about it. I have to protect my siblings and I also have to protect my dad, because he is in even more danger. Ji Yeon jumps off the couch and sits down on my lap yet again.

''Don't cry Taekwoon, I will protect you.'' Ji Yeon says and her head rests on my chest yet again. All of my siblings gather around me and we hold each other's hands.

''Guys, let's be here for Taekwoon. He's in more pain than we are, especially because of the fact that Taekwoon is the next in line to rule.'' Yun Hee says and places a hand on my shoulder. Everone places a hand on each other's shoulder and we say in sync: ''Wherever we go or wherever we are, we won't leave anyone behind.'' We came up with this right before I left to the UK, just to give each other some hope to stay strong. We're quite close with each other and we need each other whenever needed. 

Now that we have to prepare for my mum's funeral, we can't leave each other behind. Even if this is going to be a promise we make towards our mother.

~*~

Then, my dad rushes into the room and he sits down on his knees with us.

''Guys, I'm very sorry for what happened. But we were under attack by a few people who declared war against us. So we have to prepare ourselves for an attack that can't be ruled out.'' my dad says and places his hands on my shoulders.

''As for you, we have to improve the security. Nothing can happen to you.'' my dad says and I take a deep breath while I nod. I could've expected that my dad would say this. Because I am the heir to the throne, I have to be protected until the ultimate level. Ji Yeon lifts up her hand and places it on my cheek.

''I'm with you, big brother.'' Ji Yeon says and my heart melts whenever I see her smile. I think that the loss of my mum is going to be bearable, but it hurt a lot when my dad will place the crown on my head once time is there and whenever I am dating someone.

''Dad, I hope they won't get you. Because we will stand on our own for good.'' Kyung Mi says and my dad smiles. My dad doesn't want to think of leaving us, because he is the only one we still have left. 

''But I have to stay with you for sure, because Taekwoon needs me the most. I can't leave the heir to the throne behind.'' my dad says and I look at him. I hope that my dad does whatever he just promised us.

~*~

A/N And I'm back with an update. I hope you guys appreciate it that I slowly update my stories. Mianhae!