Chapter 2

Months

At the reception Yongsun headed to the table in front of the entrance and signed her name into the logbook where a receptionist instructed her where her table is. She looked around looking for her table all the while making small talk with the people she knew and passed by. She sat down at her table and sighed softly then began looking around the reception.

 

It was a beautiful place. The couple decided to have it at a garden where there were fairylights on the ceiling that illuminated the place. She smiled as she looked around the detailed decor as the guests began settling down. She looked over to the chair beside her as the seats at her table were filled out by old friends that were assigned to the same table, wondering who was the last one to be assigned her. The thought of Moonbyul sitting in the same table completely slipping her mind. 

 

A few moments later the lights dimmed and the couple stepped out, heading to their seats at the front. Suddenly she heard someone whispering apologies and thank you’s that got closer as the time passed which she ignored as the host began their welcoming speech to start the event.

 

Moonbyul got to the reception late. She got lost along the way and went to a completely different venue. She hurriedly signed her name at the reception desk and quickly headed to her table. When she was a few tables away she decided to look up to get her bearings to find her table but instead she stopped dead in her tracks as she stared at the girl she loved the most.

 

The dimmed lights couldn’t hide the beauty that Moonbyul saw in Yongsun. She bit her lip and sighed softly as she took in the sight before her. Yongsun in her beautiful one piece dress with her make up and hair naturally done. It’s been years since she last saw her but Yongsun still looked as beautiful as ever. If it was even possible the lights around Yongsun shined and twinkled even more than usual, as she smiled and laughed at the host.

 

Moonbyul ran her fingers through her hair and clicked her tongue. “Tsk. . I guess I have no choice.” She sighed softly and headed to the table. As soon as she got there she placed her hand on the empty seat and cleared . “Is there someone sitting here?” She asked and finally looked at Yongsun after all these years with a smile on her lips.

 

Yongsun nodded and smiled at the voice that asked. “No no please sit.” She said softly then looked up and froze as soon as her eyes locked with Moonbyul’s. She gasped softly then smiled back, seeing the smile on Moonbyul’s lips. “Please sit. It’s an empty seat.” She said softly and slightly moved her chair to give Moonbyul more space to adjust herself.

 

Moonbyul smiled and sat down the moved her chair forward, placing her things on the table. There was an awkward silence between after that as the program progressed. They laughed and participated at the events and games but a conversation between them was never heard. Not until the dinner started.

 

When the food was served the table started to mingle and talk. They were all people they both knew and knew that they were a couple. One of them asked if it was the first time they met in awhile, noticing the awkward silence between them. 

 

Moonbyul laughed and nodded, “Yeah it’s been awhile. I’ve been busy with my work and personal life that’s why and she probably was too.” She said with a smile but her words stung deep into Yongsun. 

 

Yongsun smiled and nodded in agreement, “Yeah. I’ve been busy with work and my personal life too. Healing and growth and stuff.” She said softly.

 

This interested Moonbyul. She turned slightly to face her and asked a question the group didn’t expect. “By the way. How are you and Eric? I’ve been too busy to keep up with the times.” She asked.

 

Yongsun’s eyes widened in surprise then bit her lip and smiled. “We broke up. It didn’t work out well.” She said softly and turned back to her food. Moonbyul nodded and bit her lip to hide a smile. “I see.” She said softly. A tension was rising in the air that one of their friends broke. “So anyways Byul, how’s your work doing? Planning on starting your own company soon?” 

 

Yongsun sighed in relief as the topic changed and some of their friends asked her about her job and her experiences in other countries.

 

The night progressed without any more public queries that were hard to answer until after the program where the guests were left to mingle by themselves and music was played where some danced in the dance floor and partied and some just mingled in hidden corners of the venue, including Moonbyul and Yongsun.