Chapter 3

Months

Yongsun was angrily tapping her foot as she stared at Moonbyul whose face looked as innocent as ever. She sighed and frustratedly ran her fingers through her hair. “Why would you ask that Byulie? I know that it’s been awhile but seriously? That? Him? I can’t believe you. You know you asked that not because you were curious but because you just wanted to hurt me.”

 

This made Moonbyul laugh in disbelief. “You seriously think I care enough about you that I’d ask something just to hurt you? If I had known we’d be sitting at the same table I would have just sent Wheein and Hwasa’s gifts. The feelings I had then and now are still the same. I don’t want anything to do with you so stop expecting that I care just because of a stupid question about your failed relationship.” She snapped and started to walk away when her hand was grabbed by Yongsun.

 

“I’m sorry okay?! What I did was wrong and stupid and at the end of the day I was the one hurt. I regretted what I did every single day. I thought it would be easier to be with someone closer but it didn’t matter since it wasn’t you who I was with.” She cried out as tears began streaming down her face. 

 

Moonbyul sighed and looked around as people were beginning to take notice of the small commotion in their dark corner. “Let’s continue talking about this elsewhere.” She mumbled through her clenched teeth and held Yongsun’s hand, pulling her to the garden maze out back. She found a bench and guided Yongsun there, helping her take a seat before handing her handkerchief to her.

 

She crossed her arms and watched as the girl she’s always loved was crying her heart out in front of her. She felt a small twinge of pain in her chest which pushed her to sit down and hold Yongsun close as she continued to cry, gently rubbing her back. “Yeah yeah. I know. I know. I know that you’re sorry.” She mumbled to Yongsun.

 

A couple of minutes later Yongsun moved away, her hands still firmly holding onto Moonbyul. She smiled then wiped her tears away and faced forward, looking at the night sky. “I’m sorry for that. I just didn’t expect we’d finally meet again and that we’d get to talk again. My emotions got the best of me.” She said softly which made Moonbyul chuckle. “Yeah me too actually.”

 

Moonbyul leaned back on her hands as she looked up at the sky. “I don’t think I’d ever be okay with what you did. I don’t think I could forget what you did either but I could always try forgiving you. It’s about time we move on from all of that.” She said softly but in her mind it hurt her to say that the two of them had to move on because she knew she still loved Yong but maybe being friends was the best option for them.

 

Hearing this made Yongsun’s heart break even more. I guess we’ll never get back together. She smiled and turned to Moonbyul. “Yeah. You’re right. It’s time we move on from all of that. Wanna be friends again?” She asked softly, her voice cracking at the question while she held her hand out to Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul looked at her hand then into her eyes, noticing the tears threatening to fall any time now. She gently held it and shook it. “Yeah. Friends.” She said softly. Yongsun smiled then hurriedly stood up and blinked away her tears. “Anyways I’ll go back into the venue. I gotta fix my make up. You coming?” She asked and wiped her tears, not looking at Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul smiled and shook her head. “Nah. I’ll stay here for awhile and watch the night sky. I’ll follow you soon after.” She said softly.

 

Yongsun nodded and hurriedly walked back into the venue, crying once more. I love you Byul. Always and forever. 

 

Moonbyul sighed as she looked at the night sky and closed her eyes then opened them in surprise, feeling warm arms wrap around her from behind. She smiled and gently held the girl’s forearm. “So you were there the whole time, love?” She asked and kissed back the girl that leaned into her, kissing Moonbyul.