Christmas Special

Months

Christmas Special

 

Christmas Eve — 2 years before the break up

 

“Byuliee! Hurry up hurry up hurry up!” Yongsun whined as she set up the camera while Byul placed the finishing touches for their small but intimate Christmas Eve dinner. 

Byul laughed as she sat beside her beautiful girlfriend, her stomach doing somersaults. Still as beautiful as ever. “Alright alright.” Yongsun held her hand and smiled at her then looked at the camera as they smiled for their Christmas photo.

Yongsun stood up and checked the multiple photos the camera took while Byul followed suit and stood behind her, chin on Yong’s shoulder. “We look good there,” she mumbled then leaning close to softly kiss Yong’s shoulder. They did look good. In fact they looked great. They looked really happy.

“Yeah we do.” Yong turned around and kissed Byul, wrapping her arms around the other’s neck. 

“I love you Byul.”

Byul kissed back and whispered, “I love you too Yong. Thank you for always making time for us.” They kissed a bit more then looked at each other and smiled. “Let’s eat?” Yongsun pulled away from Byul and sat down and Byul followed.

The meal was simple but fancy. Courtesy of Byul. 

A simple salad with vinaigrette. Seared lamb chops with mashed potatoes and gravy. Shrimp spaghetti aglio e olio. Crème brûlée for dessert. Lastly, red wine for the two.

Yongsun smiled while looking at the small but intimate feast in front of her then held Byul’s hand, “Thank you so much Byulie. Thank you for the food. Thank you for everything.” Byul squeezed Yong’s hand, “Anything for you.”

After dinner they sat in the living room, taking sips of the red wine as they said a small speech before gifts for each other.

“So I know you’ve been wanting this and I know you’ve been saving up but you don’t have yo anymore and you can set that money aside for something else.” She handed over a box and a square shaped wrapped gift to Byul. “Open it.”

Byul carefully opened the box and unwrapped the square shaped gift then tackled Yongsun to a tight hug. “Yeezy’s and Kanye’s new vinyl LP?! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!” 

Yongsun laughed and hugged Byul back then kissed her. “I love you. Merry Christmas. I’m glad you liked my gift.”

“Liked?! Liked is an understatement! I loved it!” She gushed and rambled about the gifts Yongsun had given her. After a few moments she held Yongsun’s hands then grabbed her gift. It was a hand sized velvet box and in it were two matching watches.

“I know it’s a cliche thing but I just want something that connects us no matter how far apart we were. With you traveling all over the world soon being assigned to international flights and all. I guess this is my way of making the red string of fate that connects us visible?” She said softly while placing the watches on their wrists. 

It was a gold watch with a red ruby in the center and another ruby by the clasp of its thin gold straps. In the back part of the watch were carved words.

“May this protect and solidify the red string that connects us no matter where we go.”

Yongsun began tearing up as she listened to Byul while she looked at the watch. She hugged Byul tightly and kissed the watch she wore then softly kissed Byul. “Thank you. I’ll cherish this. It’s not cliche Byulie. Not at all.” Yongsun loved the gift. She adored it even. It would make the flights less tiresome knowing that she’d be wearing something that means a lot to them. That connected her with Byul.

She hugged Byul and whispered into her ear, “Let’s head to our room?” Byul smiled and kissed Yongsun as they stood up walking to their room as they kissed.

 

What a Merry Christmas indeed.