Chapter 6

Months

Chapter 6

 

Almost 4 years ago in Cambodia

Yongsun sighed as she grabbed her luggage along with her coworkers. It had been a tiring day of multiple flights. She just really wanted to lay down and rest at the hotel. It was hard having to work but she loved it and it was fun anyways. The only downside was that she had to be away from Moonbyul a lot more than she used to when she was just assigned to local flights. This was her dream job but spending lots of time away from her beloved made the dreamlike job feel like a nightmare at times.

“Hey Yongsun! Wait up!” A man’s voice called after her as she walked with her other tired coworkers and friends. It was Eric, one of the other flight attendants that was usually assigned with her. She stopped and looked at him, smiling tiredly. “Hey Eric. Do you need something?” 

Eric stopped in front of her as the other female flight attendants cooed teasingly. He flashed her his iconic smile and shyly rubbed the back of his neck. “Uhhh I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out with us tonight? You can bring your friends as well. I mean it’s my first time getting assigned to a flight to Bali so we wanted to get the most out of it. So what do you say?”

Yongsun was about to say no when one of her friends who had a crush on one of Eric’s friends said yes in her stead. “Yes! Yes. Yes. We’ll come. Won’t we Yong?” Her friend turned towards her, her eyes pleading for Yongsun to say yes. Feeling bad for her friend if she declined, Yongsun hesitantly nodded in agreement. “Yes yes we’ll come. Let’s meet in the lobby. We’ll get dressed first in our hotel rooms.”

Eric smiled happily and walked back to his friends while looking at Yongsun then jogged towards them fist pumping in triumph. Yongsun rolled her eyes and laughed thinking to herself how weird Eric was. 

Her friends all cheered and practically dragged her along with them to get to the hotel. Once they got there they checked in and headed to their rooms. They were all checked in at the same floor and shared a room with another flight attendant.

Yongsun crashed onto the bed as soon as her and her roommate for the night walked into the room. She groaned, kicking off her heels and peeling off her pantyhose then laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

Being in a hotel room in a place practically called paradise made Yongsun remember that time her and Moonbyul went on a vacation in Bali two years ago. Everything was better then. Not that things weren’t good now. Things have been rockier than usual and being far away from Moonbyul has put a lot of stress on her, on Byul, and on their relationship. 

Especially with her recent friendship with Eric. Things have become way way rockier since her and Eric became friends. Moonbyul kept on insisting that Eric liked her and she just couldn’t see it. More like she refused to see it. She just didn’t have the mental capacity to deal with stuff she doesn’t wanna deal with. There are far more important things than that and Moonbyul should know it.

Yongsun huffed and pouted as she thought to herself then sat up abruptly and walked to the bathroom mirror. She took out the hairpins on her hair and unraveled them from the tight bun on her head. She sighed in relief as the tension from the tight bun was released then gave herself a rough scalp massage before running her fingers through her hair to fix them.

Her hair flowed down her back in waves as she stared at the tired girl in the mirror, dark circles forming under her eyes. She still looked attractive but the stress is really obviously getting to her. She really needed some time to have fun and unwind. Let go of the thoughts haunting her mind. 

She did a quick touch up of her makeup until she was satisfied then stripped out of her uniform, changing into a more night out in paradise type of clothes. She looked back at the mirror and checked out her outfit and makeup. Her blue denim shorts, a simple black bralette and an ivory cardigan that she shared with Byul. 

She smiled as she looked at the mirror, fondly looking at the cardigan that used to be just Byul’s but was now also basically owned by her. Yong was snapped out of her thoughts when her friends practically dragged her out of the room, scrambling to grab her phone and purse.

Yongsun laughed as her friends were buzzing with excitement as they walked back to the lobby, talking about the boys they were about to meet.

They’re so cute. Alright let’s have fun tonight!

When they got to the lobby, Eric and his friends were already there waiting for them, fooling around by the entrance. One of his friends pointed towards Yongsun and began teasing him. He playfully pushed his friends away and walked briskly, meeting Yongsun and her friends halfway.

“Hey! You girls ready to go?” He asked but was staring at Yong, his smile was so big it was starting to make his cheeks hurt but he couldn’t help it. Not when Yongsun was right in front of him and she looked really beautiful to boot.

The girls all nodded and said confirmatory yes’ and began walking towards the other boys. Eric stood around and waited for Yongsun, as Yong shook her head, laughing at her friends antics with the boys. He then nudged his head to the group, “Let’s go?”

Yongsun smiled and jogged after the girls, looking back at Eric, a smile wide on her lips, “Yes! Let’s go!”