Chapter 1

Months

It’s been roughly three years since Moonbyul and Yongsun broke up. Things have been going well in their separate lives. Moonbyul continues to compose songs and choreograph for idol groups while Yongsun has been traveling the world as a very valuable flight attendant of a prominent airline in South Korea. 

 

One normal sunny day as Moonbyul was going through her mail a pristine white envelope caught her eye. On the back was a wax seal and on the front written in calligraphy were the letters “H & W”. This made the girl grin and flipped it over, sliding her nail underneath the wax seal to pry the letter open. Taking out the letter it became obvious that it was in fact an invitation, a wedding invitation to be exact.

 

“I guess those idiots are finally tying the knot but what is up with this invitation?” She laughed as she looked it over. It was a specially laser cut invitation which contained the wedding details and included contact details to contact them in order to rsvp as well as rsvp their plus one if they had one. 

 

She quickly sent out an email confirming that she will be going and that she won’t be having a plus one. Soon after that she received a string of urgent work messages and hurriedly left her apartment to deal with her work.

 

In the other side of the world, another girl received an invitation but this time it was attached to an email due to how she was always traveling and receiving a physical one would prove to be difficult. She quickly called up her friends that were getting married as she lounged in her hotel room to rsvp and her nonexistent plus one.

 

“Wheein! I’m gonna go to your wedding okay? For sure. I wouldn’t miss it for the world! Just pretend I sent out an email.” She laughed softly and smiled. “I’m really happy for the two of you and I’m glad things worked up. You both deserved this. Even after all that backlash you deserved to be this happy. Congratulations. I hope to see you soon.” 

 

The girl in the screen smiled back, her dimples showing as she happily replied. “Thank you so much Yongsun~ I really appreciate the support you’ve given us from the start. I hope to see you soon too! Hyejin and I have missed you so much!” She expressed and began gushing about the wedding as well as her excitement for the day.

 

A few moments later the girl had to leave to plan and prepare for her wedding. “See you soon Yong!” She waved bye then ended the call after Yongsun said her goodbyes. She then plopped down onto her bed and sighed as she looked up at the ceiling, thinking that maybe this could have been them. 

 

If only I hadn’t been so stupid and immature then maybe that could’ve been me and Byulie. Oh well there’s no use crying over it. It’s been a long time. 

 

She sighed and wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks as she thought about the day it all ended, the day they broke up. Things hadn’t been going well in their relationship. Yongsun had been in and out of Korea for awhile as she was a highly sought after flight attendant while Moonbyul was busy helping a number of groups compose and write their songs as well as guiding them in their choreography.

 

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but that wasn’t the case for us.

 

Their relationship became strained and whenever they did meet up in their free times the air was dead and the tension was so thick it could give people goosebumps.

 

They were having a private dinner at a restaurant Moonbyul had reserved. It was supposed to be for their anniversary. Tonight was the night she was gonna propose. She was aware that things hadn’t been really well between the two of them but she hoped that this would lighten the atmosphere between them and maybe make things better. 

 

“So how are you? I’ve missed you.” Moonbyul said softly. Yongsun smiled and gently held her hand. “Yeah. I’ve missed you too. I’m okay. I’ve met new friends while working. Someone even named their dog after me.” She laughed softly and showed a picture of a cute puppy to her significant other.

 

Moonbyul looked at the puppy and smiled at how cute it was then frowned as she saw the man holding the puppy. “We made plans to hang out next week. I really wanna see Yongsun 2 soon.” She giggled and looked at Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul bit her bottom lip and sighed softly, “You still talk to him? I thought I told you not to.” She whispered sadly. Yongsun sighed irritably and frowned, “I mean I can’t exactly ignore him can I? We work together Byulie. We’re bound to talk.” She shook her head and went back to eating her food. 

 

Moonbyul sighed as she ate then looked up at Yongsun, desperately trying to make small talk. “Yong. What’s wrong? Tell me.” She asked softly. Yongsun shook her head as she continue to eat. “It’s nothing.” She said. “No. It’s not nothing. What is it?” Moonbyul pressed. Yongsun sighed and looked at Moonbyul. “I don’t think this is gonna work Byul. We barely talk. We barely have the time for each other. Is this really a relationship? I think we should break up.” 

 

Moonbyul leaned against her chair and looked at Yongsun in disbelief. Thoughts raced through her mind as her heart raced, she could feel her palms sweat as she dried them on the fabric of her pants. “Is that really it? There’s no other reason? There’s another reason right?” Moonbyul asked, her voice shaking as tears formed on her eyes.

 

Yongsun looked down and nodded. “Yeah. I’m always with him Byul. He’s sweet and caring and we work together and he understands me.” She said as Moonbyul swallowed down the sob that threatened to spill out. This was how it was gonna end. Her falling for someone else and she felt guilty about it but her heart couldn’t help but fall for someone that was actually there. “I’m sorry Byulie~” She said softly as she reached for Moonbyul’s lightly shaking hand on the table.

 

Moonbyul closed her hand tightly and stood up then placed a small black box on the table. “Here. This was supposed to be for you and it still is. It won’t fit me anyways.” She sniffled and wiped away the rogue tears that rolled down her cheek. “Goodbye Yongsun. Please don’t talk to me ever again.” Moonbyul gave her a sad smile then turned away, walking briskly out of the restaurant.

 

Moonbyul would then proceed to leave the country. She went to America and stayed there with some of her friends to write and produce music for herself. A year after that she’d go back to Korea and became one of the most sought after composer and songwriter. It’s been three years since then.

 

Picking Eric was the worst decision I’ve ever made in my life. To think I dated him for a year only to find out he’d been seeing other women even before we started dating. I hurt Byul in the process of choosing something convenient and easy.

 

Yongsun sighed to herself then got up to go change and get ready for her night out with her friends. They were currently enjoying a couple of days of free time in Hawaii and she needed a change of pace. She needed to stop thinking about Moonbyul and to move on. It’s been years.

 

A few months later and it was finally the night before the wedding. Yongsun had just flown back from Switzerland and was preparing for the rehearsal dinner. She couldn’t miss this one as she had missed the wedding rehearsal this morning as her flight hadn’t arrived in Korea yet. 

 

She wore a white onepiece lace dress that ended just below her mid thigh. Paired with that she wore a pair of red stilettos that lengthened her legs. She blow dried her hair then lightly curled the ends. To finish her look she put on a light natural looking make up with a red lipstick that matched her heels and wore silver accessories. 

 

Moonbyul on the other hand had to stay at a hotel since she lived in a different city as where the wedding would be held. Moonbyul wore a white long sleeved loose button up shirt pairing it with a pair of dark blue jeans, tucking it in then finishing it off with a gray blazer. She chuckled as she checked herself out in the mirror. “Well now I scream gay.” She ran her fingers through her hair and untangling the tangles after she had blowdried it. 

 

To top it all off she opted for a no make up make up look with a cherry flavored lipgloss that made her lips look a healthy red. She slipped into her shoes and grabbed her things then headed out of the room to her car to head to the rehearsal.