[let's do it]

The Red Tape

Nayeon blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Did she hear correctly? Or was it all in her head? Had Sana really just asked to be kissed as her favour? As she looked to her roommate, it was obvious that Sana had been serious, but now looking more nervous for even suggesting it.

“It was stupid to suggest–”

“Why?” Nayeon cut Sana’s rambling off

“Huh?” Sana frowned, looking to Nayeon.

“Why do you want me to kiss you? I thought you hated me?” Nayeon reminded.

“I don’t hate you. And, it’s only because I don’t want to embarrass myself tomorrow when we have to kiss in front of Jihyo and Lena. Just like… I wanted to practice before the scene gets shot for the video later.” Sana explained, blush spreading over her cheeks.

“You want to kiss me, to practice for the Romeo and Juliet scene?” Nayeon clarified.

Sana nodded shyly, wondering if she should have just kept shut about her situation. Honestly, she was already starting to regret suggesting practicing because Nayeon sounded like she was repeating the question, just to about it. And on top of that, she’d been silent ever since her last question, a frown on her face.

She just didn’t want tomorrow to go badly – and well, a part of her was also still overwhelmed by the feelings of the night they had together. But she’d never kiss Nayeon without her permission; not that she was given a chance to. Sana felt like her brain wasn’t even processing what she was thinking anymore. Nayeon wasn’t responding to her and her worries were increasing and she probably just made the biggest mistake of her life and she was going to regret everything and her mind was going crazy again, great.

Sana looked up to Nayeon once more, hoping to get something out of her anytime soon. Her own nervousness was peaking as each second went by. What was going on in Nayeon’s mind? Plotting Sana’s murder for such a suggestion?

Though, actually, Nayeon was completely panicking. She was about to kiss her roommate. Things would definitely get awkward; there was no going back once this happened. They still had plenty of time until the semester ended and they’d have to deal with each other, look at the other in the face as if they hadn’t kissed. How was she even meant to do that? But, if they didn’t kiss today, they would have kissed tomorrow anyway so it would happen eventually.

Damn the scripts for having kisses in them.

Damn everything because Nayeon didn’t know what to do right now.

It was all that teacher’s fault for putting them in the same group and also Sana, who decided to be Romeo!

If Sana hadn’t cut in and chosen to be Romeo, Nayeon would be with Lena. That experience would’ve been entirely awkward.

She was at crossroads with their situation with no idea whether to agree or disagree.

Their budding friendship was at stake here. She did promise Sana a favour, but of this kind? She knew she’d never see Sana in the same light after they kissed. They’d worked through things, finally, and it was going to be thrown out of the window.

“This won’t affect us, you know.” Sana smirked.

“I–I wasn’t thinking about that.” Nayeon poorly denied, unable to hide the redness on her cheeks.

“We’re going to kiss tomorrow anyway. So…” Sana trailed off, twiddling her thumbs.

Nayeon thought about it for a few more moments.

Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea.

At least, it would be possibly less awkward tomorrow, with less weird touches and gazes that made her want to hide.

“Fine.”

“Fine?”

“Let’s do it.”

Nayeon took a deep breath as she seated herself next to Sana, turning to face her roommate. If it weren’t for her shaking hands, Nayeon wouldn’t have even guessed that Sana was nervous. Gently, she covered her hands with her own, smiling at the gasp that escaped Sana’s lips at the simple contact.

“Just breathe. You need to relax Sana.” Nayeon advised, patting Sana’s hands. “If you have second thoughts about this, it’s fine.”

Sana shook her head, taking a deep breath before looking up to Nayeon. She sensed the worry, which was radiating off Nayeon clearly.

“No, oh my god. I didn’t even consider your feelings. I feel terrible.” Sana pulled back, panicking as she observed Nayeon.

“We’re going to kiss eventually Sana. It’s fine. I’m fine. Are you fine?” Nayeon edged closer, trying to sooth Sana.

“Yes, but–” Nayeon moved forward to cup Sana’s face in her hands, silencing her words.

“Tomorrow’s kiss is meant to be uh, passionate? But I don’t want you to be overwhelmed by that yet so we’ll start slow.” Nayeon informed, slowly leaning forward as Sana gave her a nod of approval.

Sweeping her thumbs against Sana’s cheekbones, Nayeon inched further, brushing her lips against Sana’s. She heard the hitch in her breath, a smile gracing her lips upon hearing such a reaction. Nayeon brought Sana’s hands up, wrapping them around her neck loosely as she slipped her right arm around Sana’s waist.

Their breathing had quickened. Sana could feel Nayeon’s heartbeat pulsating under her touch. The air around them felt heavy, like when they had walked into the room after dinner and dessert. Emotions running high, mind screaming, chanting – to close the distance and Nayeon finally kissed her fully, pulling her closer.

If there was anything Sana was expecting when she kissed Nayeon, it definitely wasn’t the soft feeling of her lips pressed against hers (and yes, Sana had thought about kissing Nayeon before in a fleeting moment).

When Nayeon pulled back, eyes still closed, Sana followed, chasing after the soft feeling of her lips. Though, she quickly moved away upon the realisation of her actions, blushing deeply.

“How was that?” Nayeon nervously asked, massaging the back of her neck.

Sana her bottom lip, still being able to feel the gentleness of Nayeon’s lips on hers, like a caress. Nayeon noticed this, turning red as her gaze remained locked on Sana’s lips.

“Maybe we should try it out for a little bit longer?” Sana suggested absentmindedly, still reeling from the kiss.

Nayeon didn’t hesitate to pull her to her again, pressing her lips against Sana’s.

---

It had been possibly an hour of practicing, maybe even more – neither of them had kept track of time. But, as they broke apart yet again, Nayeon noticed Sana’s swollen lips; she was sure her own were mirroring the look. She hesitatingly looked at the time, looking to Sana who was flushed red, all the way to her ears.

“I think we’re pretty ready for later?” Nayeon mumbled.

“Huh? Right. Thank you for doing me the favour. It means a lot.” Sana admitted, offering a sincere smile.

Nayeon nodded, moving off the bed to sleep on the couch again, like the night before. Hopefully Sana had forgotten about her scolding this morning about where to sleep.

Luck was not on her side.

“Hey, where are you going? Didn’t I tell you about not sleeping on the couch?” Sana crossed her arms as she saw Nayeon head towards the couch.

“I don’t want to steal the blankets or kick you at night.” Nayeon confessed sheepishly. She also didn’t want to be thinking about kissing Sana when she was literally going to be centimetres away from her face if they slept on the same bed.

“It’ll be fine. Your shoulders were already hurting. And you said yes to sleeping on the bed. There’s no point arguing, please? Just come sleep here.” Sana pleaded, pointing towards the bed.

With a heavy sigh, Nayeon nodded, agreeing to her death by sleeping next to Sana for the night. Please, give her patience and restraint to get her through this night and whatever was to come. She could only hope that things would go well during their shooting after their kissing session today.

As Sana went to change out of her clothes first, Nayeon sat on the bed, stuck in a thinking loop about Sana’s lips and the way they felt. See, this is what she was worried about. The feelings from high school, adding to being her roommate and now shooting the movie script together to kissing. God, she didn’t know what to do anymore about her feelings. They were a mess.

This is what she didn’t want happening. Nayeon didn’t want to delve back into the situation of the past where her presence wasn’t acknowledged by Sana. Everyone talked to her and was friendly with her, until it came to Sana, who hated her guts. They’d talked about leaving the past in the past, but Nayeon’s situation was going south – she was already catching feelings, again.

Sana cleared as she left the bathroom, letting Nayeon go in and change her clothes and also breaking her out of her dangerous thoughts. Nayeon nodded, smiling gratefully before taking her time inside the bathroom. Perhaps, Sana would be on her way to falling asleep when she left after changing. She wouldn’t have to face her, or do the awkward talk with her that was spinning off their extremely long practice session.

She’d probably spent half an hour in the bathroom, hoping it was enough. Nayeon sighed gleefully as Sana was indeed asleep as she approached the bed. Carefully climbing in to not wake her roommate, Nayeon slid under the covers, lying on her back and staring at the ceiling. Sana was facing the other way for now, so she could definitely sleep in peace – but how long would that last.

Nayeon always had to ask the wrong things at the wrong times, because just as she had asked herself that question, Sana had turned over, facing Nayeon and slinging an arm around her waist. Her senses went into overdrive with her hand on her stomach, barely just grazing the skin. It felt hot. Too hot. She couldn’t throw Sana’s hand off her now, could she? Things were just getting worse. Releasing a puff of air, Nayeon tried to shut her eyes and sleep, ignoring the feel of Sana’s hand on her stomach.

Though, with a harsh tug, Nayeon was turned around, lying on her side and facing Sana. She’d forgotten about Sana’s clinginess! Her lack of cuddling material she’d about now came to bite her on her . Karma was indeed, sweet. Nayeon breathed heavily as she faced Sana, trying to slow down the way her heart was beating so rapidly due to their close proximity. Sana was still moving around a little bit, presumably to become more comfortable around Nayeon’s presence. Her body was sounding out alarms at their distance and Sana’s touch on her, but Nayeon couldn’t do anything to battle Sana’s clinging nature.

Nayeon shuffled around a little bit, trying to get somewhat comfortable in the position Sana had turned her in. Once again, it was shortly lived. Sana snuggled against Nayeon’s neck, breath hitching upon the feeling of Sana’s nose brushing against her skin. Her arms were now slung around Nayeon’s waist and one of Sana’s legs brushed against hers. This girl was going to be the death of her tonight. Would she even get any sleep at the rate this was going? Please, she’d never asked for anything else. Let her fall asleep in peace without Sana moving again.

Her entire body was warming up fast and on high alert. Sana’s hair tickled Nayeon’s nose. Her fingers lingered just below her shirt. She could feel Sana breathing softly against her neck. Sana’s leg was firmly pressed against her own.

And Nayeon’s brain? About to short circuit because of all of these feelings at once. She felt like she was about to combust, and Sana was the entire reason. She felt like she was taking advantage of Sana (even though, it was clearly the other way around) and Nayeon needed to move away. Sana had an iron grip on her though, which meant she couldn’t even move.

The couch would’ve been safe.

Safe for her mind and her body and everything else that was currently affected by Sana.

With a heavy sigh, Nayeon gave up, closing her eyes in hopes of getting some sleep, despite the cuddling monster that lay beside her holding her so tightly.