Midnight Talk

Mamamoo Fluff Galore

A/N: So I'm going through my drafts for this collection and will complete it soon...

For now, enjoy! ^^

______________________________________________________

Bright stars littered the night sky as the people beneath them continued to slumber. One lone figure stood on a balcony, looking up and admiring the beautiful sight. She chugged down the rest of her beer and set the empty can down on the balcony floor before resuming her appreciation of the night landscape before her.

“Can’t sleep?”

Her head swiveled towards the voice. A tall girl was standing on the balcony of the neighbouring apartment, back against the waist-high balcony wall, her eyes glued to the stars above.

“You too, unnie?” she asked.

“I slept for a bit,” the older girl answered, shifting her gaze from the stars towards her, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, “after I exhausted myself trying to please my girlfriend.”

She scowled at the smug smile on the older girl’s face, feeling her face warming up from embarrassment. “Byulie-unnie~” she whined, making a disgusted face to hide her blush, “stop putting weird images inside my head...”

“Why are you talking like a , Wheein-ah?” Byul laughed.

Wheein stuck out her tongue at her and averted her gaze back to the scenery in front of her. “Is it weird if I’m still a ?” she mumbled.

“No,” Byul answered gently. “I think it’s fine to wait until you’re sure. Just don’t wait too long though,” a playful smirk crept onto Byul’s face when Wheein turned to look at her with curious eyes, “because you’re missing on a lot of good .”

“Unnie!” Wheein shrieked, horrified by Byul’s blunt words, but still careful to make it just above a whisper or they could potentially wake up the whole neighbourhood.

Byul laughed heartily, not at all caring that she would wake everyone else, and gave Wheein her greasiest wink. Wheein rolled her eyes and shook her head, at a loss for words in response to the older girl’s antics.

They fell into a comfortable silence after that, admiring the stars above them. A minute later, a thought flitted through Wheein’s mind and she decided to break the silence.

“Byulie-unnie…”

“Hm?”

“Did you know that I had a crush on you?”

There was a long pause before Byul answered.

Now I know.”

Wheein was afraid to see the expression on Byul’s face – her voice was soft and sympathetic. Wheein knew that if she saw the same look on Byul’s face, she might just cry…and that wasn’t why she started talking about this.

“I’m not trying to start anything, unnie,” Wheein quickly explained. “I just wanted to get that off of my chest.”

“Okay.”

Wheein chewed her bottom lip. “Did you notice that I used past tense?” she asked timidly.

“Ah~” Byul’s voice was light and filled with amusement, “so that crush is non-existent now?”

Wheein let out a soft chuckle. “No, it just turned into this warm fuzzy feeling in my chest,” she rubbed her chest for emphasis, “like what I feel for my parents.”

“Like what a sister feels for a sister?”

“I want to say that, but I am an only child, so…”

“I’ll settle for family then.”

Wheein finally gathered the courage to look at Byul and saw the soft smile on the older girl’s face; she returned that smile with a light hear. “Yeah,” she said. “You are my family, Byulie-unnie. So is Hyejinie and Yongsun-unnie.”

“You’re my family too, Wheein-ah,” Byul assured her. Suddenly, her smile became a smirk. “But are you sure you’re not moving too fast? Calling your girlfriend family when you’re still a ?”

Wheein blushed furiously at that and Byul burst into a fit of giggles.

“She’s not my girlfriend,” Wheein said hotly. She paused and thought about it for a moment before adding, “N-Not yet” in a shy voice and blushing even harder than before.

“Go and get your girl, Wheein-ah,” Byul said encouragingly, her face breaking out into a wide grin.

“Don’t tell me what to do, unnie,” Wheein grumbled, pouting adorably.

Byul’s grin toned down into a gentle smile. “Jung Wheein,” she called out.

“What?” the younger girl answered with a scowl.

“Take care of her, yeah? Love her like I never could.”

Wheein felt her heart twisting at the love and concern in Byul’s voice. “I will,” she promised.

Byul nodded and bid her goodnight before disappearing into her apartment. Wheein sighed, grabbed the discarded can at her feet and took one last glance at the night sky before entering the apartment.

She closed the sliding door behind her with a soft click and threw the can into the recycling bin before making her way into the bedroom. She closed the door softly behind her, making sure not to wake the sleeping figure on the bed. Then, she tip-toed her way to her side of the bed and slipped under the cover.

Her bed companion shifted and rolled over to face her. Her eyes fluttered open and dark brown orbs stared up at her, still hazy with sleep.

“Wheein…?”

“Go back to sleep, unnie,” Wheein murmured, planting a soft kiss on the older girl’s forehead, “it’s still midnight.”

The sleepy girl nodded and snuggled closer to Wheein, arms wrapped around her waist. “Can I sleep like this tonight?” she mumbled, burying her face in Wheein’s chest.

Wheein’s heart clenched at her question. She knew it was her indecision that made the older girl like this and she decided it was about time that change.

“Of course,” she said, pulling the older girl closer to her, “I’m all yours, Yongsun-unnie.”

Yongsun pulled back a little, a startled look on her face; sleep was long gone from her system. “Wh-what did you say?”

Wheein felt her cheeks warming up, but she decided that she wouldn’t run away anymore. She sat up and so did Yongsun.

“I-I’m sorry that it took me a long time, unnie,” she said, taking Yongsun’s hands in hers, “thank you for being so patient with me. I’m willing to give us a try now.”

The room was dark, except for the little light shining through the curtained window. Wheein caught a glimpse of Yongsun’s eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

“A-Are you sure?” Yongsun whispered, squeezing Wheein’s hands tightly.

Wheein nodded, curving into a shy smile. “What about a first date?” she suggested. “Are you free tomorrow?”

Yongsun’s face fell. “I have work tomorrow…”

“We can go after, unnie,” Wheein chuckled. “I’ll wait for you.”

Yongsun blushed. “I-I don’t think I’ve ever felt so motivated to finish my work early,” she mumbled.

Wheein giggled. “Unnie, is that what a working lady should say?”

“Well, this working lady needs sleep if she wants to be at work on time tomorrow,” Yongsun replied, letting out a wide yawn.

“Come here, unnie.”

Wheein opened her arms and Yongsun didn’t hesitate to tackle her until they both fell back onto the mattress. They burst out into giggles that slowly died down as they feel sleep coming over them.

“Unnie…”

“Hm?”

“You know you stole my first kiss, right?”

Yongsun stiffened in her arms. “No,” she murmured, sounding a little distressed, “I didn’t know that…”

“Well, I still have a lot of firsts to give, so you can look forward to it.” Wheein let out a pained cry when Yongsun’s fist connected with her side. “That’s a first too,” she choked out.

Yongsun snuggled closer to her, mumbling something about “impertinent brats”. Wheein just grinned and leaned her head on top of Yongsun’s. It didn’t take long before the sound of their synchronized heartbeats lulled them to sleep.