Forever

Mamamoo Fluff Galore

A/N: I had the idea of this wheesa fic a while back, even before the Valentine fic I did...haha...only recently, with Wheein's vamp look and the idea of wheesa as forever soulmates, was I able to pick this up and started writing... ^_^

I hope you enjoy this with an open mind and open heart...I hope we will all find our forever person one day! ^^

______________________________________________________

The sunlight was a little blinding to her eyes that morning and her body felt extra heavy. Hyejin wondered if she was getting sick; her body felt a little warm, but she wasn’t coughing and her nose wasn’t running, so she doubt it was a fever.

The current state of her own body was very confusing to her already muddled mind, but she had no choice; she had to get up and go to work.

With a pained groan, she pushed herself up from the mattress. One of her legs was already touching the floor when she felt a hand pulling her back down. She looked exasperatedly at the figure next to her; she knew the smaller woman was feigning sleep.

“Wheein-ah, please let go,” the other woman’s grip on her arm was loose right now, but Hyejin knew it could turn into a vice at a moment’s notice, “I need to get to work.”

“A minute more,” was the mumbled reply as the hand on her arm moved to hug her torso, “you always leave me so early, Hyejin-ah.”

“It can’t be helped,” Hyejin sighed, resigned to the fact that she wouldn’t be able to fight Wheein’s abnormal strength in her current condition, “I am our only source of income right now.”

“I told you I can help,” a pair of flashing red eyes met her gaze and Hyejin had to suppress the shiver running through her body, “I have more wealth than I have use for. I’m giving you permission to use it, Ahn Hyejin.”

Hyejin smiled and reached out to touch Wheein’s soft but cold cheek. “Thank you,” she murmured. “But it’s a human thing to not want to feel useless, you know?”

Wheein pouted and buried her face in Hyejin’s neck, her long dark hair tickling Hyejin’s jaw. “What a stupid human,” she grumbled. “I can give you everything this world has to offer and yet you refuse me. Stupid human.”

Hyejin laughed, somehow finding it amusing that Wheein had to say “stupid human” twice. Her chest felt a little lighter now, but her body still felt like lead. She really wished she didn’t have to work today, but she had been taking too many days off lately and her supervisor had been hounding her about it. She couldn’t afford to lose this job and the roof above their heads – Wheein needs shelter from the sun and she just wanted a home to come back to.

“Okay, that’s enough,” Hyejin sighed, tapping Wheein’s arm lightly, “I really have to go now, Wheein-ah.”

There was a quiet growl that curiously sounded like a whine before Wheein reluctantly released her hold on Hyeijn. Hyejin planted a quick kiss on the top of Wheein’s head before sliding off the bed.

Hyejin shuffled towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. She felt a little fresher afterwards, but her body had started to become warm and she was even coughing a little; she realized she was definitely sick by now. But Hyejin ignored her condition and went back to the bedroom to pick out her work clothes; she didn’t have too many choices, so it was quick work.

Hyejin loosened the towel around her body and let it drop to the floor. Her whole body stiffened when she felt a gaze on her back. One quick glance at the dressing table’s mirror told her that Wheein was staring intently at her from the bed, pink tongue darting out to her dark red lips.

Hyejin saw the look in Wheein’s red eyes and remembered that she had forgotten something very important. She chalked it up to her mysterious state; she was also worried that her condition would affect Wheein in some way. But Hyejin was just human – how was she supposed to resist the temptation of those red, lustful eyes?

Not wanting to get her clothes messy and too lazy to pick up her towel and cover her body, Hyejin simply strutted towards the bed, in all her glory, and sat next to Wheein. Without a word, she lifted her hand, wrist up, for Wheein to take.

Wheein gently wrapped her fingers around Hyejin’s wrist, bringing it close to . Her eyes flicked briefly towards Hyejin and Hyejin felt her heart skip – it always did that whenever Wheein looked at her with such blatant gratitude in her eyes. Then, Wheein lowered her gaze to Hyejin’s wrist and opened over it, giving the smooth skin a wide before pressing her pointed canines against it.

Hyejin closed her eyes and clenched her jaw, bracing herself for the inevitable pain. A moment later, a sharp prickling pain pierced through her skin and Hyejin inhaled sharply, feeling like her very life was drained out of her; she could never get used to this no matter how many times they did it.

Hyejin stared at Wheein who was quietly enjoying her “meal” as if it was the most delicious thing in the world. Hyejin’s mouth quirked in adoration despite knowing that Wheein was a monster feeding off of her blood, her life source; to her, Wheein was just Wheein – her forever best friend.

She reached out and gently Wheein’s head. Wheein let out a contented hum as she continued to drink her fill. Hyejin felt light-headed; it was to be expected when your blood was being drained in large amounts, but her vision started to blur and before she realized it, everything went black and the last thing she heard was Wheein’s frantic voice calling out to her from somewhere in the distance.

 

When Hyejin finally gained consciousness, it was already dark.

Her body felt a little lighter than in the morning; was parched, yet the inside of felt slick with something; her body barely felt any changes in temperature even though the nights had been cold lately. It was a confusing yet welcoming change.

Hyejin realized that she was still , which confused her more since she barely felt chilly. She tried lifting her left arm, but something heavy was pinning it down. She glanced over and smiled when she saw Wheein clinging onto her arm like her immortal life depended on it; there was even a smudge of dried blood at the corner of , probably from when she fed that morning.

“Hey,” Hyejin called out softly, touching Wheein’s cool cheek until her eyes fluttered open to reveal those beautiful red eyes Hyejin had come to love, “what are we doing back in bed?”

Wheein blinked and slowly sat up. She regarded Hyejin with a curious look before asking, “Do you remember what happened?”

Hyejin frowned and tried recalling the events of the morning. She remembered waking up feeling a little ill; she remembered Wheein feeding on her blood; she remembered passing out, but that was all.

From the solemn look on Wheein’s face, Hyejin felt fear creeping up her chest. “What happened, Wheein?” she asked in a trembling voice. “What happened to me?”

Wheein hesitated and looked away. When Hyejin thought she wouldn't say anything further, Wheein suddenly looked at her, red eyes flashing angrily. “You didn’t tell me you were sick, Hyejin-ah," she hissed. "I wouldn’t have drank from you if I knew.”

“I can’t let you starve,” Hyejin argued weakly.

“I can find other humans to feed on. You know that.”

“What if I don’t want you to find other humans?”

They stared at each other for a long while, neither one wanted to back down. Finally, Wheein closed her eyes, breaking their eye contact, and let out a long sigh.

“Well I have no choice now,” she muttered, opening her eyes slowly, curled into a wistful smile, “I have to feed on another human because your blood has become useless to me.”

Hyejin felt hurt and anger flashing through her whole being. She wanted to lash out, to cry and hit Wheein with all her might – the woman was immortal and barely registered mortal pain after all – but that smile on Wheein’s face told another story, like she was telling Hyejin that there was something else going on here. Hyejin hoped that was the case because the idea that Wheein was throwing her away was too much to bear right now.

Hyejin slowly sat up and looked at Wheein curiously. “What do you mean by that?” she asked.

Wheein chuckled and wiped at the corner of Hyejin’s lips with her thumb. “I might have panicked and fed you some of my blood when you suddenly fainted,” she confessed. “I did the right move by the way because you stopped breathing a few hours after that.” She paused and stared straight into Hyejin’s eyes. “You died, Hyejin-ah.”

Hyejin blinked. “I…died?”

Wheein nodded. “Dying with my blood in your system meant that you are in transition to become one of the undead. Now you have a choice to make and you have to decide before sunrise.” She glanced at the clock and grimaced. “You only have three hours left, Hyejin-ah…”

Hyejin’s head was still reeling from this new revelation. She died and was now on the way to become a vampire? She felt angry and hurt that the choice was taken from her – they had made a promise that Wheein would not try to turn her before she was ready. But she also acknowledged that Wheein was just trying to save her life.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Hyejin regarded Wheein coolly, still very angry and very hurt, but wanted to maintain a calm and composed appearance.

“What choice do I have to make?”

“Become a vampire like me or die as a mortal.”

Such a simple choice, but it really wasn’t. Hyejin was still young and she had wanted to do a lot of things as a human; she enjoyed the sun way too much despite being prone to sunburns; she was going to miss summers and wearing sleeveless clothes. Now, she had to choose between living forever and certain death – it was far from a simple choice.

Then again, there was Wheein. Everything was always a million times better with Wheein. That was true when she was a child and still true even now that she had become an adult. She doubt it would change no matter what she chose – Wheein would always be there with her; Wheein was her forever best friend.

Hyejin sighed. She made a mental note to properly say goodbye to her family and co-workers and old friends – it was the least she could do to make them stop worrying about her.

“Tell me, Wheein-ah,” Hyejin finally said, a smile gracing her lips for the first time that night, “how do I become a vampire?”