Chap IV

ROOMMATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday greeted me with an unannounced test. My botanical professor asked me five difficult questions and if not for the fact that yesterday I learned a little, I would definitely screw it up. I answered four out of five questions, for which the professor rewarded me by giving me four points. Phew! I did it. However, I didn't miss the comments from other students who were making fun of my rural accent. Unfortunately, I can't help it. I live in the city for a short time, only a month to get rid of it. As they weren't very nasty remarks, I decided not to pay attention to them and focus on the classes.

There hasn't been a chance before, but I think that the time has come now for me to tell you what I'm doing here. So, starting, I applied for a college in Andong for a gardening profile half a year ago. Why did I choose such a profile? Well, I like working with plants and I feel very good at it. Getting back. I had to go to university every day fifty kilometers from my village Subi-myeon and everything was fun until one of my professors decided to report me to the competition for a scholarship at the best Korean university in Seoul. Fate decided that by some miracle I succeeded and about February, when the semester slowly ended, it was decided to move me to Seoul. My father was very happy and couldn't finish saying how proud he was of me. My sister shouted for joy, glad that I would finally learn the taste of life in the city, against which I defended myself so much. My mother was crying because she was anxious about how her beloved son would cope alone in a big city. As you have noticed I am quite successful and nobody has ever , robbed or murdered me. So mommy, sleep well. However, I must admit that there are diametrical differences between the two schools. First and foremost, it is the level of education, knowledge and experience of lecturers as well as room furnishing or the appearance of the building itself. All this means that despite the distance from the family I don't regret the decision to move here.

I was eating lunch at the school cafeteria, when unexpectedly group of a few guys came to my table, which I associated with earlier classes. I agreed that they would take vacant places next to me, because why wouldn't if I was sitting alone? I didn't know, however, I would regret it so quickly. They seemed really neutral to me. I just ate rice with beef and they were discussing something with each other. After a long moment they decided to speak to me, interrupting my breakfast. I felt something wouldn't let me finish it.

“Hey you, pink hair!” One of them turned to me, a tall brunette with blue eyes, whose face was a strange little smile. “What was your name?” He provoked me to reveal my name to him.  

“Kwon Jiyong.” I said, taking a sizable piece of meat to my mouth, ignoring the look the others were throwing at me. Well, what's so strange about the person who is eating?

“Well, Jiyong.” Nodded strange guy and I began to think hardly about changing the table, because I don't like the most in the world when someone bothers me when I'm eating. “I heard that you moved to us from afar.” A stranger said and I wondered how smart he must be when he realized it only now. “Maybe you'll tell us what it's like to live in the countryside, huh? We are very interested in it. Do you milk cows or have you used machines for a long time?” He insisted and for peace and quiet I gave in and began to answer without thinking about the meaning of this strange conversation.

"I don't know how it is in other villages, but people still do it in ours.” I answered.

“And how does it look exactly? Could you describe?” Dark-haired man pressed at me. “A colleague is studying a veterinary and would like to learn something more from a real professional.” He cheated me with a smile and I didn't realize that it was a lie.

“I have no idea why you're asking me about milking cows during the breakfast break, but let it be.” I sighed and continued the story. ''You approach a cow from the side, greet her, then you lie down under her udder bucket and chair in front. You sit down comfortably and grab for two teats. Then you squeeze them lightly and pull them until milk starts to flow from them. Of course, you're trying to get the milk into the bucket and not out of it, because you'll be losing.” Ending the story I felt a little awkward, because most of the people present at the table began to exchange comments, laughing at the same time. 

“I understand.” Replied the guy and his face didn't seem to be as nice as before. On the contrary, an arrogant smile appeared on it. “What do you think of us going somewhere quiet and showing me how to do it live.” He said moving mockingly with his clenched hand up and down and the group at the table laughed.
 

My face turned red with anger and I couldn't speak a word. I cursed in my mind what an idiot I was that I hadn't realized before that their only reason to sit with me here was making fun of me. 'Congratulations Jiyong, keep it up.' I scolded myself, clenching my fists in anger until they whitened my knuckles. When I gathered enough strength in me to speak and silence this band of morons, I was stopped by someone else.  

“If you don't shut your mouth up, it will end poorly for you.” I heard a firm voice, after which I recognized my roommate. I turned my head to look at him, but Seungri was still staring angrily at the dark-haired man who had started all this stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter