업장이 너무 세게 쳤다 (The karma hit so hard)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been updating as early as possible because I had this draft and we're approaching the ending, which is sad but true. Anyway, I want to thank all of you once again for supporting my first story here on my account. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

ps. Please brace yourselves for this chapter. :)

---

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yup. You should go since it's an emergency."

 

Jongin sighed in relief and nodded. "I'll make it up to you, okay?"

 

Jennie shook her head and chuckled. "It's fine. Now go."

 

Jongin waved goodbye and got into his car, driving away. His agency had called him for an emergency schedule, so he had to leave immediately, even though he didn't want to leave Jennie alone.

 

Jennie entered the facility and headed toward where Kai and Kuma were staying.

 

"Ms. Kim!" She turned to find the staff member she and Jongin had talked to earlier. "Are you here to pick them up now?"

 

Jennie bowed and smiled at her. "Yes, I am." She and the staff member entered the room and quickly spotted Kai and Kuma

.

"Kai, Kuma!" Jennie called their names, but they were too busy playing with the other dogs to notice.

 

Jennie frowned when Kai and Kuma didn't acknowledge her. She stepped closer, only to realize that they were engrossed with another dog.

 

She subconsciously smiled at the scene, noticing the white dog beside Kai and Kuma. Crouching down, she patted their heads. The white dog seemed shy as it gazed innocently at Jennie. She continued to pat its head.

 

"What's your name, little one? Looks like Kai and Kuma have made a new friend, huh?" The dog wagged its tail and smiled at Jennie, surprising her. "You're quite interesting."

 

"Rae-Oh, let's head home, buddy!"

 

For the first time in a month and a half, Jennie froze. Her heart raced, and her hands grew sweaty. Her breath became heavier as footsteps approached.

 

"She's here," she whispered to herself.

 

"Come on, buds." Jennie felt her presence beside her. The person also crouched down to retrieve her dog. "It looks like you've made some new friends. Who are they? Wait a minute—Kai and Kuma!"

 

Jennie nervously gulped as she realized that Yoona knew she was here.

 

"Jen," she muttered, struggling against the urge to hear her name from Yoona's lips again.

 

Jennie grabbed her dogs and fled, not daring to look back, just wanting to escape.

 

"Hey, Jen, wait up!" She heard Yoona's voice behind her, but she didn't dare to stop and look back. She kept running away. "Ms. Jennie Kim, I have something to tell you!" With that, Jennie automatically halted.

 

"You're still beautiful, Jen." This wasn't what Jennie wanted to hear. It only made her feel hotter, her cheeks turning a furious shade of red.

 

Ignoring her, Jennie quickened her pace, sighing in relief when she no longer felt Yoona's presence. Slowly turning around to make sure, she found herself oddly disappointed when Yoona had disappeared. "You haven't changed at all."

 

"My arms are tired from carrying you two! You're so heavy!" Jennie groaned as she exited the facility.

 

She debated whether to call a cab or her manager, but her manager was out of town. It wouldn't be fair to disturb them on their day off.

 

A loud honk in front of her snapped her out of her thoughts. Looking up, she saw Yoona in a car, rolling down the window for her. Before she could react, Yoona stepped out of the car. Once again, Jennie was awestruck by the detective's presence.

 

"You're the girl I saw earlier," Jennie realized, facepalming herself for not recognizing the Lisa-style earlier as Yoona's.

 

"Get in. Let me take you home," Detective Lim suggested. Jennie looked away, pointedly ignoring her.

 

"I see. You're playing hard to get today." Jennie felt Yoona stand beside her. "Rae-O is already waiting in my car. I'm sure he'd be happy if he knew Kai and Kuma were joining him for a ride."

 

Silence. Jennie continued to ignore her. Yoona bit her tongue and stood in front of her. "Your arms must be tired from carrying them. Come on."

 

"I'm used to it. Why bother?" Jennie replied.

 

Yoona maintained her smile and cleared , her patience wearing thin. "You're worried because you don't have a ride. What do you have to lose if I give you a lift?" She tried to convince Jennie again. "Come on."

 

Jennie bit her lip, hesitating. "Fine." She sighed in defeat, mainly because carrying Kai and Kuma was tiring her out.

 

"Give them to me." Yoona took Jennie's pets and held them in her arms.

 

Jennie watched as Yoona placed Kai and Kuma in the backseat. "You can sit beside me, and I'll put Rae-O here with—"

 

"I'll sit with Kai and Kuma." Yoona slowly nodded as Jennie quickly got into the backseat.

 

Yoona chuckled and shook her head, starting the engine. The car ride was silent, and Jennie was eager to get out of the car.

 

"So... is that your dog?" Yoona heard Jennie from behind her. She smiled and glanced at Rae-O, who was gazing out of the window. "What's its name?"

 

"Rae-O. I got him as a gift from an ahjumma who thanked me for helping her move out of her house."

 

Jennie hummed, unsure of what to say next. Yoona then asked how Jennie was doing.

 

"I've been pretty good these days. Though I've been through some tough times, I'm grateful for the people who helped me. Life's been treating me well these past few months." Jennie secretly hoped Yoona regretted leaving her during that time. "And how about you? How are you and your girl?" Jennie's tone was a mixture of bitterness and curiosity.

 

Yoona burst into laughter, leaving Jennie raising an eyebrow in offense. She crossed her arms and glared at the detective's back. "What's so funny?"

 

"Oh, nothing. It's just that you're still the same Jennie I remember," Yoona replied.

 

Jennie furrowed her brows, puzzled. "What do you mean?"

 

"You're still getting jealous," Yoona said with a knowing grin.

 

Jennie widened her eyes at the response and rolled her eyes. "Excuse me? Me? Jealous? Of that girl? She's not even that pretty." She whispered the last sentence under her breath, unaware that Yoona had heard her clearly.

 

Yoona's grin grew into a smirk. "Of course. You're the most beautiful in my eyes, and no one can compare to you."

 

Jennie blinked, trying to process Yoona's words. Here we go again, her heart racing, and only Yoona had this effect on her. "C-can you just drive faster? I really want to go home."

 

"Roger that."

 

They arrived at the Blackpink dorm, and Yoona offered to help Jennie with her dogs, leaving Rae-O in the car since he was napping.

 

Jennie opened the gate, and Yoona entered first. "Oh, hi guys!" Yoona greeted the three members who were surprised to see her. "I'll just take these two inside." Yoona headed into the dorm to put down Jennie's dogs.

 

"Close your mouths before flies get in," Jennie quipped, making the members chuckle nervously.

 

"I'll be going now. I'll catch up with you next time." Yoona bowed to the three and turned to Jennie, who was taken aback by their sudden closeness. "I'll see you soon, Jen." Yoona leaned in and kissed Jennie's cheek before leaving, leaving the members dumbfounded.

 

"What do you mean?" Jennie blinked, her gaze fixed on Yoona's departing figure.

 

Placing her hand over her heart, she let out a sigh once she had calmed down.

 

She then looked at her members, who were wiggling their eyebrows at her. "Told you, she and Detective are truly meant to be together," Jisoo declared with a playful grin.

 

Rosé giggled and turned to Jennie. "Did you and her get back together?"

 

"Definitely. And it's no surprise, since Nini is truly whipped for Detective," Lisa teased, making Jennie blush.

 

"You guys are really weird," Jennie muttered, shaking her head as she entered their dorm.

 

She suddenly remembered the new scent Yoona had, still lingering in her nose, making her crave her even more. And that kiss—she could still feel it on her cheek.

 

This wasn't healthy. And she was in denial.


---

 

"Yoong! I've missed you so much!" Khloe kept showering Yoona with kisses, her love evident as she held her only child in her arms. It had been one and a half months since she last saw her.

 

"I've been okay, and knowing that you're okay makes me okay, Mom," Yoona said, returning the affectionate gestures. She then playfully showed Rae-O to her mother.

 

"Remember what I told you about this, huh?"

 

Yoona's lips curled into a smile as she looked at her mother. "I'm on leave for a month, so I have time to take care of him." She playfully wiggled her eyebrows and stuck her tongue out at her cousin.

 

"Well, that's great then. We have plenty of time to catch up, young lady."

 

"Don't tease me as if you're the only one who can take a leave. Chief also approved my leave."

 

Yoona widened her eyes as she spoke, looking at her cousin.

 

"He did?!"

 

"Yup."

 

"That old man! He didn't even mention it to me," Yoona complained, letting Rae-O be taken from her arms by her mother.

 

"And, oh Yoong. I just remembered, last month, Jennie's parents came by here to see you, but you weren't here due to your case." Yoona became intrigued and turned her attention to her cousin. "Seul didn't tell you, did she?"

 

Seulgi awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, gulping slightly. "I was going to, but Auntie beat me to it!"

 

Khloe chuckled and shook her head. "Okay, my bad. I'll leave you two to catch up."

 

Once Khloe was out of sight, Yoona urged Seulgi to share everything about that day. Seulgi narrated the events and observed her cousin's reactions.

 

"I really messed up this time, didn't I?"

 

"But you did it for her sake, and she doesn't know about it. Maybe you should tell her everything."

 

Yoona played with the glass of alcohol in her hand, staring at it thoughtfully. "Yeah, she deserves to know. And there's something else I need to tell you about what happened earlier."

 

Seulgi raised an eyebrow, curious about what her cousin was going to reveal. As she listened to Yoona's story, a smile crept onto her face. "You're really in love with her, aren't you?"

 

"...but that Uber driver is making a move on her."

 

Seulgi focused on Yoona, her expression more serious. "Yes, he took advantage of the situation when we were discussing the case."

 

"He's smart. I'll give him credit for that."

 

"I think pursuing her might be tough, especially since you mentioned that she's playing hard to get. Her walls seem pretty solid now, unless that Uber driver manages to break through."

 

Yoona's smirk widened as excitement coursed through her. She was suddenly eager to put her plan into action, to win Jennie's heart all over again. "I'm going to win her back this time. She's not with that Uber driver, so I have hope."

 

"I'll help you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter