그대 (The Thou)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey there! It's been a while since I last updated, and I'm sorry about that. School has been crazy busy, seriously it's nuts! Anyway, here's the new chapter, and I promise I'll try my best to update more frequently. Enjoy!

---

 

"I can't believe he gave us a day off today."

 

Yoona shook her head, not really agreeing with Chief Park's decision to give them a day off. She was eager to catch the suspect they were after.

 

"He thinks it's better for us to take a break and refresh ourselves before diving back into the cases."

 

Yoona sighed, nodding in understanding. As they stood in the parking lot, getting ready to head to their respective cars, Chief Park's logic started to make sense.

 

"You're planning to sweep her off her feet so hard she can't walk, huh?" Yoona burst into laughter as Seulgi playfully punched her arm, knowing her friend was just teasing. "Just kidding, come on. So, where are you really taking your special someone this time?"

 

Seulgi pondered for a moment, a smile lighting up her face. She was determined to make it up to her girlfriend. "Probably an amusement park or something. The other girls are joining us. You wanna come?"

 

Yoona laughed, shaking her head. "Nah, I'd rather stick to my work than be a third wheel between you two."

 

Seulgi chuckled in agreement. "Alright then. I'm off. Let me know if anything comes up."

 

"Got it."

 

With their goodbyes, they went their separate ways.

---

 

"You really do have a way with words."

 

The woman blushed, glancing away, feeling flustered by the compliment from the famous Detective.

 

"Hey! Jessi, could you please tell her to stop flirting with her?"

 

Jessica let out a sigh, pulling the Detective closer. "Cut it out with the flirting, especially with people who are already taken." She whispered, giving the Detective a knowing look. "She's with Tae, okay? That means she's off-limits."

 

Yoona burst into laughter, flashing a charming smile at the beaming girl. "Oops, my bad. I thought you were available."

 

Tiffany squinted her eyes at her, her face flushing.

 

"I mean, you know, we could have…" Yoona waggled her eyebrows suggestively at Tiffany, making her blush even more.

 

"Alright, cut it out. Seriously, will you? Don't you get that she's already taken? By me, got it? By me!" Taeyeon playfully wrapped her arm around Tiffany's waist, making it clear that Tiffany was off-limits.

 

Yoona laughed so hard that the three women exchanged confused glances.

 

"I don't remember cracking a joke, Detective."

 

Yoona shook her head, still chuckling as she looked between the two. "I was just messing with you in the first place, come on. Your reactions were priceless, oh my god."

 

The trio shook their heads and decided to take their seats to finally enjoy their meal. After ordering their food, they settled in for a catch-up session.

 

"Taeyeon, I know it's been tough for all of us to reconnect. I made a mistake, and I regret it. I'm still the same Jessica Jung you've known since forever. And I promise you, I've never broken the bond we shared."

 

Taeyeon offered a sincere smile, reaching out to grasp Jessica's hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You know, looking back, getting upset over trivial things was silly. I'm glad you're still the ice princess we've known all our lives."

 

The two exchanged smiles, and Tiffany couldn't help but feel overjoyed that the two most important people in her life were reconciling.

 

As they caught up on each other's lives, Taeyeon shared that she had been enjoying her time at home, indulging in her own interests. Tiffany proudly talked about her successful solo career and her upcoming collaboration with "Disney," which impressed Jessica and made her proud of Tiffany's achievements.

 

"So Jessi, why don't you give us the latest scoop on your relationship with T?" Tiffany playfully prodded, giving Jessica a wink.

 

Jessica shifted uncomfortably in her seat at the teasing. "I actually need to tell you both something."

 

The two friends exchanged curious glances, sensing that something important was about to be revealed.

 

"Should I leave?" Yoona whispered in Jessica's ear, but the latter shook her head, indicating that Yoona should stay.

 

"What's going on?" Tiffany asked, leaning in with concern.

 

"Just don't tell us he's mistreating you or I'll make his life a living hell," Taeyeon chimed in, ready to defend her friend if need be. Tiffany cautioned Taeyeon to listen to Jessica's side of the story first before making any judgments.

 

"Look at our little powerhouse here, ready to take on anyone," Tiffany joked, trying to lighten the mood.

 

"We've been growing distant recently," Jessica sighed, opening up about her relationship woes. "I don't think it's entirely his fault. I've realized that maybe I haven't been appreciating his efforts in our relationship."

 

Tiffany looked at Jessica with concern. This was the first time Jessica had shared her feelings in a while. The limitations of communication through technology had taken a toll, making this in-person meeting crucial for understanding each other better.

 

"Did you do something?" Taeyeon asked, her expression curious.

 

Jessica paused, fiddling with her food, before continuing, "I'm not sure. He's been questioning my feelings for him, and part of me wants to give up, but I don't want to throw away almost five years just like that. He means a lot to me, as you both know."

 

Tears welled up in Jessica's eyes, but she fought them back, not wanting to show vulnerability to the Detective.

 

"Do you still love him?" Tiffany's question was direct.

 

Jessica bit her lip and nodded. "Yes, I do love him, Tiff."

 

Tiffany's next question held weight in the air, making the room fall silent. "How much do you love him this time?"

 

The room hung in a heavy pause until Tiffany spoke up again, her tone firm. "It sounds like a serious situation. If he's not treating you right, Jess, then you need to consider leaving."

 

"What? No, that's absurd. I really do love him," Jessica protested, her voice shaky.

 

"Then why did you hesitate earlier when we asked you that question?" Tiffany's tone was gentle but probing. Jessica's nervousness was evident.

 

"Tell me, Jess. Are you keeping something from us?" Taeyeon pressed on.

 

Jessica quickly denied it, her words rushed. "No, I'm not hiding anything."

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon exchanged knowing glances, unconvinced by Jessica's response. Their suspicions were growing, and Yoona observed the exchange quietly, focusing on Jessica. There was an unease about her, a sense that she wasn't revealing everything.

 

"Are you being unfaithful to him?" Tiffany asked, her gaze unwavering.

 

Jessica's eyes widened in shock at the accusation. "No, never! I would never do that."

 

"Or is there someone else you've developed feelings for?" Taeyeon added, her eyes sharp.

 

The room seemed to freeze in that moment, including Yoona, who had a hunch where this conversation might be heading.

 

Jessica closed her eyes briefly, taking a deep breath. Tiffany motioned for her to join her in the restroom, and they both excused themselves from the table.

 

As they left, Taeyeon turned her attention to Yoona. "You seem familiar, like we've met before. Were you at the McDonald's when we took photos together?"

 

Yoona nodded, taking another sip of her drink. "It's a tough reality, but that's how life works, sweetheart."

 

Taeyeon cringed slightly at the endearment, not particularly fond of it when used by someone other than Tiffany. "Eww, no way. We're not a match made in heaven," Taeyeon replied, scrunching her nose in mock disgust.

 

Amused, Yoona grinned and shook her head. "You're absolutely right. We're like oil and water."

 

Taeyeon took a sip of her drink, then turned her attention back to Yoona. "Can I ask you a question?"

 

"Sure, shoot."

 

"What's it like working with the ice princess?" Taeyeon inquired, a playful smile on her lips.

 

Yoona's thoughts drifted to Jessica, memories flashing through her mind. "She's actually quite nice, though she can be a handful at times. But it's interesting working with her. I get a glimpse into her life, and let me tell you, the ice princess persona is real. She can be intimidating, especially with that infamous glare of hers."

 

Taeyeon chuckled, nodding in agreement. She missed the camaraderie they had back when she was part of Girls' Generation. "Has she treated you well, though?" Taeyeon asked, a more serious undertone in her voice.

 

Yoona laughed softly, shaking her head. "Alright, you got me. The glare is real, and well, let's just say she has her moments."

 

Taeyeon smirked, enjoying the playful banter. "See, I told you. Nobody's immune to it."

 

The two continued to chat, passing the time while waiting for their friends to return from the restroom.

 

Meanwhile, inside the restroom, Tiffany had her arms crossed, giving Jessica a pointed look.

 

"Since when did this happen?" Tiffany asked, her curiosity evident.

 

Jessica let out a sigh, fidgeting slightly. She wasn't entirely sure herself why she felt this way about Yoona. She had tried to dismiss it as a passing infatuation, but it was proving harder to shake off than she had anticipated.

 

"It started when she saved me at the beach," Jessica admitted, her voice soft.

 

Tiffany observed her best friend silently, knowing about the incident from Krystal's account. "I get that she's attractive and all, but why?" Tiffany inquired further.

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany with a bemused expression. She hadn't realized that Tiffany had noticed Yoona's attractiveness too. However, she was more bothered by the fact that people were highlighting it, as if to remind her of something she already knew.

 

"Tiff, you have Taeyeon. Stop making me feel worse," Jessica retorted with a hint of jealousy.

 

Tiffany sighed, her tone becoming more serious. "Jess, this jealousy isn't healthy. You have Tyler."

 

Jessica bit her lip, leaning against the sink. She met Tiffany's concerned gaze, feeling a mixture of guilt and frustration. "I know. It's just... I've been trying to push these feelings away. I didn't want this to happen, but it did. And I know it's not fair to anyone involved. I'm trying to make things right, Tiff. Please be patient with me," Jessica confessed, her voice laden with earnestness.

 

Tiffany's expression softened, and she pulled her best friend into a comforting hug. It was a silent reassurance that she would be there for Jessica, no matter the challenges they faced.

 

---

 

"How on earth—"

 

"Surprise, motherer!"

 

"What the f are you doing here?"

 

Yoona just shrugged, patting Jessica's head playfully, who groaned in response, annoyed at her messing up her hair. "This girl is stressing out, and she needs to have some fun. I don't want her to get all stressed out because that stuff is like a virus."

 

Jessica blushed at the concern, her eyes darting away.

 

"I'm glad you two are here. The more, the merrier!"

 

Jessica managed a smile as Yeri and Joy from Red Velvet joined them, the group of friends ready to enjoy themselves at the amusement park.

 

However, Irene noticed somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter