부정으로 (In denial)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not sure if this will satisfy all of you because, honestly, I'm struggling with writer's block. But I'm doing my best not to get too consumed by it because I need to prioritize other things. So, here you go, folks! :))

---

 

"Why did you let her drink, for heaven's sake! And can you please help me? Why am I the only one helping her?"

 

Yoona's mother was the sole assistance Seulgi had in walking as they entered the building. Yoona had called her mother for help, even though she could manage on her own or seek assistance from others inside the building.

 

"Why are you speaking in English, Yoona Unnie?" Seulgi hiccuped, struggling to open her eyes to get a clear view of the person supporting her.

 

"That's what I'm talking about. She doesn't even know who you are. Earlier in the car, she was grabbing my face, kissing me, and saying, 'I love you, my Joohyun.' She's so gross!" Yoona vented from behind, avoiding Seulgi because she knew Seulgi would repeat her earlier behavior if she got close. Come on, self, be patient and don't punch her. She's still your cousin.

 

"But you're stronger than me!" her mother protested.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Fine." She decided to lend her mother a hand, supporting Seulgi's other arm on her own shoulder.

 

Seulgi stole a glance at Yoona and smiled affectionately. "J-Joohyun? *hiccup* I-I...love you...*hiccup* so much." She leaned in to kiss Yoona's left cheek.

 

Yoona deftly dodged Seulgi's attempts to kiss her. "Stop it, Seulgi! You're so disgusting. Ugh!"

 

They successfully entered the elevator, drawing the attention of people inside, especially Seulgi, who appeared quite intoxicated. As they exited the elevator, they continued their journey to their destination.

 

"Mom, can you please hurry up? She's trying to kiss me on the lips now!" Yoona attempted to push Seulgi away from her face, frustrated by Seulgi's drunken attempts to kiss her, mistaking her for Irene.

 

"Can you be a bit more patient, Ms. Grumpy Detective? What's your password again? Ah, here it is. Voila!"

 

Yoona's mother managed to open the door and guided Seulgi inside, then dragged the intoxicated girl towards their room.

 

"Put her on the bed, and I'll change her clothes since she seems to think you're that Joohyun girl," Yoona's mother instructed.

 

Yoona gently laid Seulgi on the bed and winced as her own back ached again.

 

"Cous! *hiccup* W-Why... are you taking care *hiccup* of me instead of Joohyun? *hiccup* Why is she just standing there? *hiccup* She's supposed to take care of me *hiccup*," Seulgi slurred, pointing her finger at Yoona and looking at Khloe.

 

"This is exactly why I don't like looking after her when she's drunk," Yoona commented, arms crossed, watching her mother change Seulgi's clothes.

 

"Are *hiccup* you *hiccup* tired *hiccup* of me *hiccup* already?" Seulgi's voice quivered, tears welling up in her eyes.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, unamused by Seulgi's mistaken identity. "I really wanted to punch her because she's making me uncomfortable."

 

"Yoong, can you please leave?" Khloe asked without looking at her.

 

Rolling her eyes once more, Yoona complied and headed to the couch. She slumped down and closed her eyes. The day had been unexpectedly draining for her. She longed for sleep to soothe her back pain.

 

"She's already asleep. Rest up, dear. You look exhausted. We'll talk tomorrow, alright?" Yoona's mother's concerned voice reached her ears, followed by a kiss on her forehead before she walked away.

 

About to drift into her dreamland, Yoona suddenly felt weight on her lap. She widened her eyes in shock and found Seulgi smirking, her eyes barely open. "WHAT THE !" Yoona yelled, kicking Seulgi off the couch and quickly sitting up.

 

Seulgi's expression turned into a sad pout as she sat on the floor, struggling to stand. She grabbed Yoona's wrist, looking up at her with teary eyes. "You don't *hiccup* want me *hiccup* anymore?"

 

Yoona tried to swat Seulgi's hands away, but Seulgi's grip was surprisingly strong. "MOM?! SEULGI IS HARASSING ME! COME AND HELP YOUR DAUGHTER! YAH! SEULGI! STOP ING KISSING ME!" Seulgi continued kissing Yoona's temples, making her feel nauseous.

 

Khloe rushed into the room, sighing at the scene. She pulled Seulgi away from Yoona, giving Yoona a signal to leave. "Why don't you leave the house for a while, Yoong?" Khloe suggested, a tone of command in her voice. "She won't stop bothering you if she keeps seeing your face."

 

"So, I'm sleeping at the hotel then?" Yoona asked incredulously. It seemed like the only way to escape the drunk Seulgi. "Fine. I'll go now."

 

"Be careful, sweetheart. I love you!"

 

Exiting her place, Yoona sighed as she entered the elevator. Today had been truly unfortunate. She had already been turned away by five hotels, all fully booked due to peak season.

 

She sighed, feeling her exhaustion taking over. She just wanted to sleep. Yoona arrived at the last hotel, hoping she could finally find a place for the night.

 

"If they reject me again, I swear to God I'll buy a bomb and plant it in their damn building," Yoona muttered under her breath.

 

"I'm so sorry, Detective Lim, but we're already full," the hotel employee apologized.

 

"It's alright," Yoona replied with frustration building up inside her.

 

Before she could leave, the employee tugged on her coat, prompting Yoona to turn and face her.

 

"Or you can sleep at my place tonight. What do you think?" The hotel employee suggested.

 

Yoona eyed her up and down, finding her attractive, but she was too tired for anything of that sort. "Next time when I'm in the mood, hotstuff," she winked, leaving the flustered girl behind as she walked out of the building.

 

Yoona pondered on where to sleep now. Sleeping in the car would only result in body aches the next day, and she wanted to avoid that.

 

She got inside her car, and her subconscious seemed to guide her to a specific destination.

 

"Oh, Detective Lim, what brings you here?" Lisa furrowed her brows, wondering why the detective was standing outside their dorm.

 

"Is Jennie awake? I need to talk to her." Yoona smiled, hoping that Jennie was still up.

 

Lisa's expression showed hesitation at the mention of 'I need to talk to her.'

 

"Actually, she's not—"

 

"Liz, what's taking you so long? Who's that?" Chaeyoung suddenly appeared, her curiosity getting the best of her.

 

Lisa tried to communicate through her eyes that she shouldn't have come, but Chaeyoung, ever curious, approached them to get a better look at the visitor.

 

"Hi, Detective!" Chaeyoung greeted enthusiastically as she saw Yoona.

 

Yoona mustered a smile, but her exhaustion was evident. "Hello! Is Jennie asleep? I need to talk to her."

 

"She's inside. We're watching a movie right now. Come on in!" Chaeyoung's excitement led Yoona inside, while Lisa facepalmed at the situation.

 

"Jennie unnie! Detective Lim is here for you!" Chaeyoung's announcement jolted Jennie from her seat as she heard her name being called.

 

"Hi?" Yoona greeted with a smile as Jennie rushed over and hugged her tightly.

 

"I know. I know you missed me," Jennie teased while still holding onto her. "What brings you here?" Jennie's brows furrowed as she tried to figure out why Yoona was in their dorm.

 

Yoona awkwardly scratched the back of her neck and looked at Jennie, who was smiling at her. "Can I sleep here?" she asked, her shyness suddenly evident, and her heart beating faster.

 

"Did I hear you correctly? You want to sleep here tonight?" Jennie repeated, surprised by the question.

 

Yoona blushed even more as the other members of Blackpink observed the interaction. She leaned in closer, "Can we continue this conversation in your room? I don't want them to overhear us," she whispered.

 

"I'm heading to bed, everyone. Binge-watching is over! We can continue tomorrow," Jennie announced, waving goodbye to the others.

 

"But unnie, we were watching our favorite series," Lisa whined like a disappointed child.

 

"I know, and I don't want you to watch it without me. Goodnight!" Jennie replied.

 

Lisa pouted, and Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist. "I'll watch it with you later," she winked, bringing a smile to Lisa's face.

 

Jisoo smirked playfully at the two and chimed in, "Remember, our rooms aren't soundproof, so make sure, Detective Lim, that you can keep Jennie quiet." She winked and headed into her own room.

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung had already vanished from sight as Lisa had eagerly dragged Chaeyoung into her room.

 

Jennie blushed and looked at Yoona shyly. "Can you do that later?"

 

"Yes, we'll talk later, because right now we're going to sleep."

 

Yoona had already settled into Jennie's bed, getting comfortable, while Jennie smiled, locked the door, and then joined Yoona in bed, hugging her like a koala.

 

"What time should you wake up tomorrow?" Jennie whispered softly.

 

"I've set my alarm for 6:30. Need to get up early and head home to shower. Goodnight."

 

"Goodnight, my scumbag detective," Jennie replied with a smile, and soon both of them drifted off to sleep.

 

Yoona's eyes fluttered open when her phone's alarm went off. Groaning, she slowly adjusted to the light and fished out her phone from her pocket. It was already 6:30 in the morning.

 

She rolled around in bed, realizing that Jennie was no longer beside her. Wonder where she went.

 

After a few minutes of staring blankly at the ceiling, Yoona finally sat up and stretched her arms. She headed to the bathroom to take care of her morning routine. Yoona couldn't help but stifle a quiet laugh when she saw Jennie struggling to cook pancakes in the kitchen.

 

"The kitchen called for my help. It sensed impending disaster," Yoona teased with a raised brow, her arms crossed. Jennie jumped, her face a mix of surprise and embarrassment. She still held the pan, looking a bit flustered.

 

"I'm attempting to make pancakes for you, but my first try ended up burnt," Jennie pouted, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

 

Yoona walked up to her, peering over her shoulder. She chuckled and then turned to face Jennie, cupping her cheeks. Jennie was taken aback by the sudden gesture, her heart racing due to their closeness.

 

Yoona had a soft spot for people earnestly trying to cook. Almost without thinking, she pinched Jennie's cheeks playfully. "You're incredibly adorable right now, working so hard to make pancakes for me."

 

Jennie's face turned a deeper shade of red, and she nodded shyly. Yoona chuckled as she pulled her hands away from Jennie's cheeks, noting how much effort Jennie was putting into making her happy.

 

"Do you need my help?"

 

Jennie shook her head, declining Yoona's offer. She wanted Yoona to taste her cooking, to return the favor for all the times Yoona had cooked for her. She remembered how Yoona's cooking tasted like it was from a high-end restaurant, and she was grateful for that experience. Now, she wanted to create a culinary delight for Yoona.

 

"No, thanks. I want you to sit in the chair and watch your pretty, hot, tiny little cook these delicious pancakes for you," Jennie playfully replied.

 

Yoona chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Alright, I'll be patiently waiting."

 

She sat back and observed as Jennie carefully worked on the pancakes. A thought crossed her mind, causing her to reflect on her feelings. Why am I feeling this way towards her? It's getting a bit strange, honestly.

 

"Here. I hope they taste good, even if they don't look very appealing," Jennie said nervously, scratching the back of her neck as she presented the pancakes to Yoona, who was judging them. With a smile, Yoona tasted the pancake. To her surprise, it wasn't bad at all. She glanced at Jennie, who was anxiously awaiting her verdict. "Does it taste bad?"

 

Yoona gave her a thumbs up, reassuring Jennie. "Now I understand the saying, 'Don't judge a book by its cover.' This is unexpectedly delicious." Jennie beamed at the compliment. "Come, let's eat together," Yoona invited, pulling Jennie to sit beside her.

 

They ate in silence, the atmosphere surprisingly comfortable. Jennie felt content in this moment, grateful that they were just eating together and not engaging in their usual playful banter. She wanted to savor the opportunity to connect on a deeper level.

 

Jennie's phone suddenly rang, and she sighed as she saw the caller's name.

 

Yoona peeked at her phone. "Why aren't you answering?"

 

"He's just going to annoy me, and I'm not in the mood for that," Jennie replied, her annoyance evident.

 

"Why don't you block his number?" Yoona questioned, furrowing her brows.

 

"I've tried that multiple times. I've even changed my number before. But he always finds a way to reach me. One time, my dad told me to answer if he called," Jennie explained with a hint of frustration in her voice.

 

It was true – he kept bothering her, and it was starting to get on her nerves. She wasn't entirely sure about his intentions, or perhaps she knew deep down but wasn't ready to confront the reality. She realized that he wanted her back, that he loved her, but her feelings had changed. She no longer felt the same way about him.

 

"Seems like your dad is quite fond of him," Yoona remarked.

 

"Unfortunately, yes. When they met, my dad even suggested that we have a baby together and get married. It's absurd," Jennie said with a mixture of annoyance and exasperation.

 

Yoona's expression turned sour. Why is this bothering me so much?

 

Her phone started ringing again, and Jennie scowled, ready to reject the call. But Yoona intervened. "Let me talk to him."

 

Jennie handed over her phone, looking puzzled. She watched Yoona with curiosity as she answered the call and put it on speaker.

 

"I've called you a hundred times, and you answer now?!" the voice on the other end exclaimed.

 

Yoona cringed at the aggressive tone. Meanwhile, Jennie observed Yoona, intrigued by her reaction.  

 

"This is not Jennie,"

 

"Detective Lim, is that you?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter