Future

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: You know, I like to take things slowly. But this one is the last chapter so I had to push things forward a bit. So, I rewrote this about 10 times (or more). Still don’t know if it’s good. I hope it’s enough. Take your time to read if you want to because it’s quite extensive. I also hope it’s not too boring. Thanks.

 

 

 

 

...

If anything, Jihyo was feeling relief after all.

She took the weight of the world out of her shoulders when she finally sat on the passenger seat besides Jeongyeon, they were ready to leave the place she just had an audition. The way home was better than the way going.

They took the highway silently, Jeongyeon didn't say anything or Jihyo expressed something else than ease.

"What are you going to do now?" After a few minutes, Jeongyeon asked breaking the dead silence between them. She had stop on a red light not wanting to risk their luck.

"Celebrate, it was great" Jihyo had enough confidence to say that, she even sighed in relief.

"Aren't you tired? Do you want me to take you home or somewhere else?" Jeongyeon asked looking at Jihyo, giving a piece of mind about her state, as if she knew how the girl wanted to hide her tiredness.

"I won't lie to you, mentally, yes I'm tired"

"I'm taking you directly home then"

"If you want to"

"It's fine." Jeongyeon said speeding up with the green light.

"I'll leave it to you now then." Jihyo said slowly lying down on her seat and closing her eyes. The other focused on the road, but with the corner of her eye, she could see a small smile leaving Jihyo's lips. Her heart skipped a beat, joyful, and like that, they fell in silence again.

...

The sunlight traveled through the car's window and shone right on her previously closed eyes, Jihyo gazed the gray sky as the clouds started to cover the bright star one more time to allow the chill air to come closer. The girl by her side was parking the car, while looking attentively at the surroundings.

"I think it's going to rain." Jihyo said under her breath. Jeongyeon listened with a hint of confusion because she could swear that the girl was sleeping one minute ago. Still, she kept looking out of the window.

"I think so... I'm telling you, it's like our thing." Jeongyeon said chuckling a bit when the raindrops started to fall.

"Good to know we have a thing." Jihyo said hiding her smirk. The other felt a slight blush covering her cheeks. Jeongyeon cleared in an attempt of breaking the mood and turned off her car.

"We're here." She announced not taking the keys off the engine.

"I can see that" Jihyo said but didn't move.

"So-"

"I have something to ask" Jihyo interrupted her quickly. Honestly, Jihyo didn't want to stay alone that day, being without her friends made her think a lot.

"Okay" Jeongyeon answered too fast wanting to face palm for sounding nervous, she couldn't deny she would do anything for the girl though.

"Would you stay for bit? We can order food, I mean if you have plans it's fine you don't have to" Jihyo said with her cheeks blushing and avoiding Jeongyeon's eyes.

"You had me with food" Jeongyeon smiled at her like nothing else mattered.

They had to run to the door to avoid being caught by the heavy water drops. Jihyo lead the way to her apartment while Jeongyeon tried to dry her clothes.

"It's lonely without the others here." Jihyo said shrugging her shoulders while opening her cracking door.

"You mean peaceful." Jeongyeon said taking off her shoes to enter the place.

"Right" Jihyo chuckled throwing her keys somewhere to enter the living room. It was somewhat of a shock to see the windows open when she entered. A chill ran down her spine when the cold wind persisted around her.

'Great' she sighed. Jeongyeon was near the door taking off her coat, she didn't notice when Jihyo walked through the room to close the mysteriously open windows. That made the latter realize again how much her day was amazingly unlucky, making her chuckle sadly as she felt the room getting warm as the windows were now closed. Jihyo stopped in front of one, standing there and staring on the blurry outside to the nothingness of the universe behind the stars... or really just the street.

"You ok?" Jeongyeon broke the sounds of the winds, walking to stand barely beside Jihyo.

"Sure" The latter answered and walked away.

Her house was particularly nice to live.

"Sit wherever you want I'll make us food" Jihyo said entering the kitchen. She loudly opened the cabinets to search for something; just remembering that she didn't remember to buy groceries, that day was, well, difficult. She turned around and almost had a heart attack seeing Jeongyeon leaning against the doorframe.

"You need help." Jeongyeon sounded concerned or convinced. It was hard to tell. Let's just say that Jeongyeon likes being right and she just sensed something was off with Jihyo.

"It's fine"

"It's not, you sit down. I'm going to make the food." Jeongyeon said getting in the kitchen.

"I think we have to order" Jihyo sat down on a near chair and put her elbows on the table to support her chin. Jeongyeon just stared at her.

"Alright." She then said. Jihyo breathed deeply and then got up, to the living room where she would find her cellphone thrown on the couch. Jeongyeon just followed her.

"What are we going to eat?" She asked realizing.

"What do you want?" Jihyo said.

Jeongyeon sat on the couch as Jihyo sat by her side and tipped on her cellphone.

"So?" Jihyo asked.

"Anything is fine for me"

"So pizza?"

Jeongyeon hummed in agreement and looked around that room, which seemed different from the times she had been there. It was quiet. Like that, she could comprehend when Jihyo said that it was lonely by herself, she can even compare if her situation was different and if she didn't had Momo with her at home most of the times, and it surely would be quite silent.

"Here."

Jeongyeon was surprised when Jihyo passed her the remote control of the TV in front of them, taking her out of her wonder. She turned the TV on and that added an awareness to the atmosphere. Jihyo was just besides her finishing her order and as they expected, it would take a while, the rain had not settled even a bit.

Passing through channels, Jihyo just observed the other girl, wondering where she would go, curious. Stopping to think about it there is still so much she can learn about the girl, and from the girl.

The older stopped on the local news after seeing that the day didn't had any good thing to watch that hour. She was looking at the television screen but not really paying attention, more often dozing off.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Jihyo ended up suggesting.

"I guess" Jeongyeon said and that would fill their time since she didn't see a better way to stay there. Well, she can think of a few, but that doesn't come to case.

Jihyo got up and went on her room to grab her laptop to set up all the things they needed. It was already dark because of the gray clouds on the sky but it was suddenly darker since the sun was getting down by the time Jihyo got back on the couch after clicking a movie they both choose to watch. A thriller seemed to do the trick of gaining their interest.

But in reality, for more that it looks like a usual scenario, inside their heads things played different with an idea. There were moments when they had this sensation and it seemed like a dangerous feeling that suddenly in the middle of their wonder would kick in and bring them back to where they were.

And they weren't that far apart from each other, Jihyo was barely laid down on one side of the couch, head just a few inches of Jeongyeon's shoulder as the time passed. As for the older, she was doing her best to seem cool and stay nice with the whole thing happening and the fact that Jihyo was literally right there and there was nothing she would think of an obstacle to stop her of finally telling all of her feelings for that girl. Instead, she was hugging a pillow and kind of nervous, remembering that it's been a while she didn't get that nervous about someone.

They weren't exactly quiet either, making comments about the movie here and there when sudden rushed knocks on the door startled them, especially Jihyo that was in the middle of an explanation about a theory she had regarding the movie they were watching.

"It must be the pizza." She said getting out of her comfortable position on the couch. Indeed it was and even faster than she thought so. Announcing that they were finally going to eat, Jihyo sat on the floor in front of the couch to prevent her own clumsiness of getting any stains on her things, while Jeongyeon remained where she was, just getting up to grab a plate and a slice of the pizza Jihyo set in a small table near them.

The latter was eating slowly, taking her time while she didn't take her eyes from the movie, distracted, and Jeongyeon was just being herself. Afterwards, they didn't eat the whole pizza, the box with a few slices laid on the table when the movie reached its credits.

They didn't move for a moment, thinking about what would happen next, it only depended on them anyways. Since Jihyo was still on the floor and probably closer, she was the one to approach by the laptop to see what she can put next. Jeongyeon unexpectedly looked behind to the window from where she was, and she could see a bit of the sky along with some buildings outside, she wondered if she had already to go home, the streets were dark and probably empty because of the bad weather.

'I can stay a little longer'

The truth was that she didn't want to leave and Jihyo wasn't telling her to leave either. She got up, to stretch her legs a bit and let her blood flow, looking to her sides and welcoming the good vibes she was. Jeongyeon looked at Jihyo and saw that the girl was engaged in finding a good movie, so she just walked further around the living room, letting her mind to guide her through the place where she could see some of Jihyo's things gathered here and there, books and magazines organized in a peculiar way around the furniture. Jihyo didn't seem to mind, she gave a quick glance to the girl and looked back at her laptop. After a few steps, Jeongyeon stopped by that same window, taking a better look outside through the windows glass.

"It stopped raining" Jeongyeon said to no one in particular. Jihyo hummed.

Jeongyeon stood there, thinking, she could see how different that place was from her own, its constant noises were buzzing in her ears.

Jihyo decided to approach, taking a place by the girl's side but she could barely see anything since the window was blurred by the early heavy rain, so she opened the window, making Jeongyeon look at her while the cold wind entered the house.

"Did you chose a movie?"

"Not really"

"Hm"

"What are you looking at?" Jihyo asked, in contrast to the other, Jihyo was obviously used to the sight.

"Nothing really, I was just listening"

"It's noisy in here, I know"

"Yeah, but after I while you don't even listen right?"

"Sometimes"

"But it's nice. You have a nice view of the city"

"Especially at night" Jihyo said, getting closer,  bumping her shoulders slightly with the other.

"Thank you" Jihyo ended up saying. Jeongyeon quickly looked at her instead of gazing in the distance.

"For being there today"

Jihyo was embarrassed even being so sure of it; her eyes sparkled saying the words that were stuck in . Jeongyeon's heart raced a bit, Jihyo was looking at her with a lovely gaze.

"You're welcome. I wanted to be there today, to see the rise of a star." Jeongyeon said teasing her a bit.

"Oh stop, I'm nobody" Jihyo said playfully hitting her shoulder.

'You are more than you think of'

"If you're nobody I can't even imagine what I am"

"You're my sidekick"

"I thought Nayeon was your sidekick"

"... She can be the second sidekick"

"I'm first, yes" Jeongyeon playfully celebrated.

In the heat of the moment, they can turn anything into a joke.

"I'm seeing about that actually"

"You're no fun Jihyo"

"And you don't have the authority to say that"

"Of course I do, I'm funny, and you just don't know how to appreciate"

"I'll maintain my opinion"

"Rude" Jeongyeon mumbled between breaths.

Jihyo looked down with a sweet smile.

"But really, thank you" She said and gave a light punch at Jeongyeon's shoulder, the latter faked pain and chuckled a bit.

"... That's what friends are for" Jeongyeon said more to herself than to anyone and that made Jihyo look straight at her, her eyes. She bit her lip, to hold herself from saying anything she would consider stupid.

The lights of the television where low, the change from afternoon to night was getting more evident with every last minute.

"I like being your friend" Jihyo said anyways.

"Nice"

"I don't have too many friends." Jeongyeon said, she thought she was kind of bad to attach to people.

"Oh"

"But I bet you do" She completed, focusing her eyes out there again just for not to look directly to the other girl. Jihyo also looked outside, hand supporting herself in a piece of furniture nearby. It was true that Jihyo was popular with people even being kind of shy.

"Sometimes. There aren't much people to call real friends but I guess this goes for everybody"

"That's true"

"I mean it when I said that I like you and being your friend"

Jeongyeon turned to her and breathed sharply, taking a quick glance at the girl, feeling a slight red get up on her cheeks.

'I don't think she meant like that'

"You're nice too"

Jihyo completely turned to her side and became face to face with Jeongyeon, to say she was nervous inside from that sudden rush of bravery was almost an understatement.

The air became heavy if she would tell, as if she was patiently waiting for something to happen. Jeongyeon was silent, quietly breaking the balance of the situation, making the slight tension even heavier. Jihyo wondered if it was just her that felt like that.

If Jihyo thought so, Jeongyeon was breathless, feeling it all, lingering, she didn't want to move from her place. She felt unpredictable, as a rush of feelings just flooded her senses.

Jihyo took a step forward, looking into the girl's eyes like the only thing she ever wanted to see, and she was tense but she knew if she missed that moment a lot of overthinking would be happening later, so, Jeongyeon looked away not knowing exactly where to look. Jihyo wanted to do that for a while and she leaned forward, tip toeing a bit and getting dangerously close of the other girl.

When their lips touched, Jeongyeon felt that in slow motion. Like static that touched her whole body. Of course, she understood what was happening but it took a whole second for her to kiss the girl back.

It started raining again, sending them giggling and stepping away from the window, breaking the some sort of quick and unexpected kiss. Jeongyeon took the step this time, bringing the other girl closer to begin a longer kiss, completely ignoring anything that could happen around them.

When tell broke apart, they were smiling.

"I like you" Jihyo finally said, holding her breath.

"Good, I was really concerned about the whole reason why you kissed me like that" Jeongyeon replied sarcastically and Jihyo just smacked her, looking angry and funny at her.

"I like you too" Jeongyeon said ruffling her hair for the girl to leave that pose, so, Jihyo just hugged her, relieved to say the truth, overwhelmed and happy that she took a step forward.

They were weird, sometimes they bickered a lot and they had different opinions about some things, but staying together was one of the things they wanted for sure to the future.

Jihyo was smiling against the hug so she hugged the girl tighter to not to let her go. Jeongyeon could only hug her back.

Perfection in a level of cracking the sense of the moment was a mere concept if anyone could tell, such a thing can't be achieved for as much as we try to make the most precise situations in life. The day was far from perfect, not even good or ideal, but she wouldn't change a thing if all leaded to them embraced tightly while standing there in the living room. Jeongyeon had a nervous gaze, her heart was running so fast that she stopped minding her burning cheeks and happily showed the most gracious smile, as if she wanted time to stop, right there when she had that girl with her like that. She made their foreheads touch, soft as she was touching a petal or a specter of light. No one had talked in that minute.

Jihyo's lips against hers, soft and sweet, felt like a wave passing her whole body, she caressed the girl's cheek as Jihyo smiled between the kisses. As for Jihyo, she could hear her heart drumming, they were immersed in a little world around them, creaky window, cold air circulating, the rain seemed to come back just to greet the new scene and from now on, they were imperfectly perfect, as coming from a reality that doesn't apply for such an ordinary world, they felt extraordinary.

Even when they broke apart, Jeongyeon was about to say something but Jihyo seemed to find her lips again to close them together.

"Don't ruin the moment." Jihyo said as they broke apart again.

Jeongyeon smiled and stepped back.

"And don't go tonight" Jihyo had her red cheeks even deeper on shade.

"I was just going to close the window, your floor it's getting wet with the rain... You want me to stay?" Jeongyeon asked, a bit reluctant.

"Yes " Jihyo answered with a nod, her eyes locked with the other's, trying to reassure her that it will be ok and that's what she wants. They were in such a joy, as the stars finally lined up.

"Ok"

That night full of heavy drops and big clouds, it was the beginning of something. Something new and untouched, unbreakable if they would guess by how they felt right then.

*************

It takes a time for her to adjust. It is normal, she thinks. Jihyo's light kisses covering her lips when they are there, inside of the karaoke when it's already closed and its pass midnight, each press of her lips made her mind fade away. They were all by themselves and Jeongyeon could feel even in her fingertips that tingly sensation whenever Jihyo presses more kisses on her lips. The karaoke was gloomy, Jihyo claimed she doesn't have a favorite room but Jeongyeon knows better since the girl just likes too much of that spot on the couch she's sat by her side. It's thrilling, Jeongyeon is nervous, it's just the two of them and it's late she's so damn tired but she can't get the girl out of her mind, leaving the world aside just for a few minutes and feeling everything when she's like that with her girlfriend, making out in the karaoke room on Jihyo's favorite spot. It's been a while they're dating, new year is coming soon so Jeongyeon has a lot of work, hours and hours of photography because that's the most delicate time of the year for her state of mind since job after job keeps appearing for her. That's why they're meeting so late, it's the only hour of that day that suits both of them, and whenever she comes to the place, Jeongyeon can hear the girl singing or humming, it's so pleasant, she loves to listen to Jihyo's angelical voice. Jihyo is happy, more than she thought of, she's all soft around Jeongyeon but of course, without changing their friendship of before, they go very well with each other. They only went apart to catch their breaths, Jihyo turned to her side to pick up her cellphone and accidentally gazed the microphone over the table, suddenly remembering when a week ago Jeongyeon promised to buy a guitar and learn how to play just to hear her singing more often.

"Did you have any news about the audition?" Jeongyeon spoke the first thing that came in her mind, and in fact, that was bothering her for a while now.

"No, but any day now, and if you think I'm concerned, I'm not" Jihyo was quick to answer, eyeing the girl with the corner of her eye before moving forward and standing up.

"And we should get going" She said a bit tired, she knew Jeongyeon was tired as well.

"Okay"

Jihyo nearly missed the keys but Jeongyeon tossed it from the couch.

"Are you free tomorrow?" The latter asked.

"I can make some time, what are you thinking about doing?"

They were leaving the room, one following the other.

"I have just one job tomorrow, it won't take long so can we spend some time together"

"Like we're spending right now?" Maybe it's because Jihyo it's already sleepy so she's saying what comes in her mind. Jeongyeon blushed before her girlfriend giggled it away. They finally reach the front door and that's the worst part, she knows she has to say goodbye. Jeongyeon got out first, it's becoming so cold the last days, she clings to her coat while Jihyo completely closes the front door, meanwhile Jeongyeon looks side to side, not meeting any strangers' gaze before moving closer to the other girl.

"I'll miss you." She nearly whispers near Jihyo's ear, which blushes madly.

"Will you really?" She replies teasingly with a dangerous smile, facing the other girl. They barely miss a beat before Jihyo opens her arms slightly and hugs Jeongyeon resting her arms on her shoulders and around her neck, the latter joining her by bringing her closer.

"I'll not then" Jeongyeon says in an attempt of being cute.

"So I won't be missing you either, good night" Jihyo let her go and adjusts her coat before crossing her arms.

There is something about that girl she just can't resist.

"Now really, tell me if you want to do some plans tomorrow or stay home." Jeongyeon affirmed.

"I'll think about it" Jihyo replies, she finally relaxed her arms and Jeongyeon leaned in wanting the usual goodbye kiss. Jihyo smiles before their eyes met, they kiss slowly, like they're everything that matters above the sky.

"Good night" Jeongyeon whispers against her lips.

"Good night" Jihyo gives her a last peck before moving away, not breaking their eye contact.

It had been like that the last weeks, coming and going when they could, fitting their crazy work schedules the best way. Because not seeing each other was going to be a worst feeling than passing a bit her time of sleep just to be with her girlfriend, she still has to drive home though, but that's the least, she likes to drive.

Jihyo got home thinking about the next day, anticipating their meeting.

They had to admit, sometimes they were a mess and all over the place, although it's comfortable, it's warm and soft when they're together, and they would never change that, and yes, they had silly discussions, but in the end they feel perfect with each other.

**********

The day was bright; her dripping sweat was sliding against the sun light, and Momo was laying on the floor, trying to regain her breath for a while. Her forearm rested on her forehead, eyes closes since she could burn them in the sun sipping through the living room, she was used with that stingy sensation but if at least it got less painful every time.

"You're done?" Sana was munching something, some chips, Momo guessed, since she could hear the cracks coming from every bite. Momo took a deep breath to look up and behind, from her vision she only could see Sana upside down.

"Yeah" She answered, throat dry. But she didn't move an inch.

"Good" Sana sat on the couch with a thud, now Momo could only see the back of her head.

"Would you get me some water?" Momo looked in front of her now, to the big window of the living room, the sky was pretty with just a few clouds appearing here and there, bright blue.

Sana got back a minute later, with a cold water bottle and sat herself by Momo's side, admiring the same view as her. 

"Here's your water." Sana said giving her the bottle.

"Thank you for your kindness" Momo propped herself up by her elbows and drank the water hurriedly, before plopping down again, closing her eyes.

"Just remember to call me the next time you work out, we can do it together" Sana said playfully.

"Okay" Momo eyed Sana's side frame with the corner of her eyes.

In sum, Momo was doing some workout and Sana was asleep in the middle of the afternoon, the oldest lost track of time and her girlfriend was already up when she least expected, eyeing her with judgment for not waking her up to exercise together. Because Sana was like that, she didn't like doing things alone, for her if they could do it together then they should.

Momo sat up to match Sana's pose, looking down to her exposed abs.

"I'm eating too much the last days." Said Momo that literally passed a lot of time exercising.

"Believe me, you look really fine" Sana said not moving her gaze away from the sky. Momo smiled a bit, a silly smile, and then she thought about it a little, playing in her head if the girl really meant that. She was thinking a lot about Sana the last days, more than usual, about them of course and what they were now, and also the next step she should give, or if she should. Momo ended up practically launching herself into Sana, hugging her tightly from the side, the latter was quite surprised and both of them ended up on the floor, giggling.

"What are you doing?" Sana asked playfully, trying to sit up again but Momo didn't let her and hugged her again.

"You're so cute." Momo said between whispers.

Sana eventually gave up and they ended up laying down on the floor not that comfortably, Momo was a bit sweating but Sana didn't care by then.

"I wanted to hug you." Momo mumbled.

"You can do that without being on the floor"

"But I'm too lazy to get up" Momo said, unintentionally playing the cute one with Sana.

"Fine"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter