Pretending

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

At some points in life, it's possible that you've already thought about how it would be if something changed or even if you had made a different choice about anything. Ideas mostly about if things could be better or worse, if the person would be happy or sad at the moment. The point is, it can be interesting to think like that, to play on our heads about the perfect life made of what you could consider of being the right choices or even, to think about how it would be if you had done something wrong on that critical moment. The characters placed on the right spots playing their designed roles.

There are also things to regret... At least here in this tale of problematic girls, but…who doesn't? Even being happy, or having the idea of being happy, there is always an issue, always a detail that makes can make it worse, a simple thing that made everything change or it could be a person. Remarkable people, as for Jeongyeon, her sister. But is it have to do about being happy? It's has to do with choices. Feeling happy, being happy, a pleasure sensation that wake our senses to something, we want to stay that way and remain with the feeling of happiness, joy. It's linked with regret because of the thought that always comes about changing something on our pass that might had leaded us to being happy and feeling happiness in that moment, something that may have made the difference, and that could make you have the thought of deserving happiness right now. Happiness can't be deserved, it's problematic to keep the thought that changing some stuff may have led to that. Happiness is lived, it's felt and it can change everything without changing anything.

Surrounded by choices, they are always necessary to bound our future. Choices can make a difference in someone else's life. Momo chose to ignore. She chose to pretend that her instincts aren't alert every time that someone try to flirt with Sana right in front of her. Now imagine, if Momo had choose to accept what she feels when Sana is close enough of her that she can see every mark on her face instead of letting all of her freaking feelings about the girl be disrupted by her actual negative thoughts, she may not have to pass for all the same messed up stuff every time their co-worker Jinyoung interrupts their lunch time and supposedly calm meeting to 'talk ' with Sana. She can see clearly what the guy is trying to do and it pisses her off to stand there without doing a thing to stop the bother she always feels. If she had chosen to stop telling herself that everything was ok, and that is normal, and that Sana and she are bounded to be friends after all, she could leave behind the feelings of not have the right to do a thing.

It would be easier to Sana too, because she would stop pretending to be ok when Momo comes up with some random girl by her side, or the times she asks Sana to cover her up on work because she is hangover in a stranger's house.

At that moment, Momo was with her favorite class -don't mind that she has one- in the gym court of the school. She made the kids do groups and play whatever they want as a free time on that day, she was feeling kind enough to do that. What caught her attention was a kid in the other side of the court being clearly disturbed by her classmates, she recognized the kid as one of her favorite students -also don't mind that she has some- and made her way to there, surprising the bullies with her whistle. They all looked at her scaredly and ran to their own group waiting to not have some punishment.

" Are you ok?"  Momo said to the kid.

" F- Fine" The girl said sobbing lightly because the other girls were pushing her. That student was Son Chaeyoung, one of Momo's favorite students, she is brilliant and an incredible athlete but she is always mocked about her height. Momo looked around and handled her a bottle of water that was on a table nearby and the girl started to calm down.

" What were they doing to you?"  Momo asked seeing the girl's flushed cheeks and puffy eyes.

" They were saying that I'm short and... That I should quit" The girl hesitantly said.

" Quit what?"  Momo said confused and patting Chaeyoung's head.

The girl looked uncomfortable to the other side of the court were some group of girls were, there was Kim Dahyun, laughing loudly about something and Chaeyoung just stared at her wondering.

" Life? …D-do you ever f-fell in love?"  Chaeyoung said to Momo. That surprised her but she could see that Chaeyoung's eyes sparkled looking to that girl talking with her friends.

" I am that kind of person that thinks that love is overestimated Chaeyoung" Momo said softly. Chaeyoung chuckled.

" You're funny Coach. I believe that love can exist when you least expect in every ways" Chaeyoung said smiling. Then she lowered her gaze staring at the water bottle on her hands.

" I've confessed to her... She didn't say anything because her friends got there and mocked me... I don't know what do... They called me a bunch of things because I like her" Chaeyoung said with her head down.

" What did she say?"

" She didn't had time to say anything, her friends dragged her away. But she saw all the scene and did nothing anyways"

" But you still don't have your answer, right? Maybe she likes you, who knows. You're not giving up, right?" Momo said.

" I don't know... I've never tried to talk to her ever since and she is avoiding me I guess, she is always with that girls also" 

" If you truly like her, don't give up Chae" Momo said ruffling her hair.

" Thank you" Chaeyoung said.

At that moment, Momo didn't have time to think about what she was going to do with the bullies to help that little girl because someone walked in on the gym, Momo heard the door opening and looked back, clenching her fist when she saw Sana, that was supposed to go home with her after that class, Momo already has her car back and can drive them home. But the problem was, Sana wasn't alone as usual, she was accompanied by that Jinyoung guy and he was obviously flirting, she could sense from afar or maybe it was just her… Jealousy talking? Maybe not. They sat on the other side of the court near a table. Momo visualized that there were some futsal balls on the floor and had an idea to distract her mind from that scene.

" Let's play something Chae" 

The younger followed her to an empty spot in the middle of the court. Momo could see a bit far away with her peripheral vision that Sana was still talking with that guy while she was playing with Chaeyoung, at that moment Chaeyoung was almost with her back turned to where Sana was, and Momo was in front of her student so she could see Sana even if she didn't want to.

After some passes to each other, Momo heard the unmistakable laugh of Sana, she looked directly to her friend and saw that his hand touched her leg, too close.

' WTF '

The ball was getting near her slowly but she kicked it so hard that it was directly going to the table near Sana, the thing was, that table also has a bunch of water bottles and plastics cups filled with water left by her students. The ball went straight to some of them and slammed a bunch of the bottles, making a mess, everyone stopped and looked to there, a lot of water spilled directly into Sana and the guy, so Momo could see that they were angry. Sana looked at her and ruffled her wet shirt annoyed, she got up and started to leave the place. The bell rang signalizing that the class was over, the last of the day for her, Momo excused herself, Sana couldn't be seen anymore, but right near the door, Jinyoung stopped Momo, he also saw that it was her who kicked the ball.

" What was that Hirai?"  He said annoyed and trying to dry his shirt.

" An accident" Momo said serious. He smirked to her.

" I know what you're trying to do Hirai. I can see you clearly every time I talk to her. Let's see who gets her first" Jinyoung saying and turned to leave. Momo clenched her jaw, well the truth was, she wasn't trying to do anything, she just did.

' What?' But she got angry.

" Hey, she is not a price to compete for and she deserves better than you, you stupid" She said taping her foot strongly on the floor, letting all her anger that is piled up, out. The guy turned to her with his blood boiling, they were alone in the court now and he had to leave for class but instead he got near her, surprising her.

" And what she deserves? You? You're pathetic, always by her side but yet… I am sure she doesn't even want someone as stupid as you Momo. Think about it, I guess she even prefers guys" He said getting closer making her walk backwards. That really hurt her but instead of keeping quiet, she took all her courage and stood up to it.

" Don't you dare to talk about her like you know what she is thinking. If you don't leave now I'm going to punch you until no one can recognize your face" Momo said, she doesn't know what she is doing, she doesn't know why she is doing that, her feelings are guiding her actions and that didn't seem like a good idea because she has never let that happen. She was mad.

" Don't you dare to touch me" He said.

She lifted her hand, Momo wasn't much of a fighter but, she was about to punch him, yet stopped mid-way, she felt that Sana wouldn't like that and her job would be at risk.

" Leave NOW" Momo said digging her nails on her palms. Jinyoung looked at her annoyed but them he saw how Momo's eyes were full of anger and walked away.

Momo was left alone and couldn't hold in anymore, what he said really hurt her and made her sad, she could feel that her eyes were starting to tear up. But then she remembered that she has to apologize to Sana, recomposed herself, and left to find the girl.

...

Momo was almost giving up when she walked in to the teachers' bathrooms to find Sana still trying to dry her shirt, no one was near so she fully walked inside.

" Sanaaaa. I'm sorry" Momo said trying to hug her. Sana walked backwards and turned to the mirror again to see if it was drying.

" Ok" She simply said.

" It was an accident" Momo whined. Sana nodded. Momo came closer and stared at her.

" What?"  Sana said.

" Don't you have a spare shirt?" Momo asked seeing that that one wasn't going to get dry so soon.

" Apparently not, I tried to find. Don't you have one?"

Momo thought a bit.

" I may have one but it's for gym classes" Momo said and that made Sana raise her eyebrow.

" Hey at least it's dry. Come on" Momo grabbed her hand and leaded to find it. She found one of her old spare shirts near her materials, she handled it to Sana that looked suspicious about the shirt's whereabouts and besides, the shirt also looked a little too small for Sana's frame.

" You're not getting in my car like that" Momo said pointing at the wet shirt.

" Urgh, fine" Sana said grabbing the shirt and heading to the bathroom.

Momo waited near the door while Sana changed. She got out a little reluctant because that shirt was so small to her that showed a bit of… Well, too much of everything.

Momo turned to her and just stared.

" What?"  Sana said looking away .

" What what?"  Momo said remembering how to blink.

" You're staring. Do I look that stupid?!" Sana said crossing her arms.

" N-No, you look hot… Kind of" Momo said bluntly and gulping down. Because Momo was just like that.

' whatamidoing? ' Momo thought.

Sana felt her cheeks burning and looked down to her feet widening her eyes.

" R- reall-"

Sana was interrupted by some students getting on their direction. Momo realized that they still were on the middle of the hallway and thought deeply about someone else seeing Sana that way.

' hell no'

" We should go now" She said and grabbed Sana's hand to rush off the place.

It's was going to be a long ride and she wanted to last the least as possible because she was starting to get confused. Sana on the other side felt kind of embarrassed and more confused than Momo because the other had never said such a thing to her, sure she said that she looked cute in some occasions but the look on Momo's face was new, it felt weird, she wanted to figure out what caused that or why Momo was acting strange and not even looking at her all the way to her house, leaving an unwelcoming atmosphere.

***************************************************************

" Jihyoooooo" Nayeon screamed at the door.

'What the'

Jihyo was doing the dishes peacefully while Nayeon got out to buy some things for dinner. Mina was organizing their stuff since they will be there for a month.

Jihyo, already annoyed, walked to the door with her head filled with regrets about letting Nayeon go alone to the market, she may have bought the wrong stuff.

' I trust her after all' Jihyo thought while opening the door.

" That is why I have a doorbell" Jihyo said pointing to it for Nayeon to see. She shrugged that off and walked inside the apartment with her hands occupied by their dinner.

" I will cook" Nayeon released the bags on the table and clapped her hands. Jihyo looked to her suspicious, she still remembers how the girl can ruin a kitchen and Mina came out of nowhere in a flash, still holding the luggage she was unpacking.

" No, I will cook" She said patting because she ran when she heard Nayeon claiming the kitchen.

" Come with me Nayeon, you must be tired " Jihyo smiled dragging the other to her room after mouthing a ' thank you ' to Mina, that nodded and proceeded to clear the things in their room and go to the kitchen to prepare something.

Nayeon jumped on Jihyo's bed. The other just sat on the end of the bed sighing.

" What's up?"  She said to the girl.

" Nothing" And it's true, nothing is specifically bothering Jihyo but a feeling in her gut is making her frown. Jihyo analyzed and realized that it was the first time they were alone to talk, she laid on her bed and snuggled close to Nayeon.

" Want to talk? I want to understand what is going on" Jihyo said stretching her arms, she saw Nayeon shifting on her place and bumping her head on a pillow.

" It's just that she seems so distant all the time and it makes me mad" Nayeon whined, she felt her tears starting to build up.

" Uh, why? "

" All this stuff about disappearing and didn't even saying goodbye makes me worry about her. She doesn't trust me I am sure... I love her but I don't think I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter