Closer

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a\n: DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! I advise you to go back if you didn't read the other chapter :)

Idk what I doing but, I hope you guys like this chapter ^^

 

 

 

People spend their lives learning, it's really an unstoppable process. Jeongyeon quickly learn that Jihyo doesn't exactly like the thought of looking weak or helpless, well, no one does but, that girl in particular worried more about Jeongyeon getting tired of helping than herself, even when she sighed in exhaustion, and Jeongyeon noticed, she didn't stop asking about if she was tired rather than worrying about herself.

" Did you eat?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked, feeling her own burning stomach of course.

" A while ago, but-"

Jihyo was cut off by the other girl getting up abruptly and grabbing her hand.

" We should eat" Jeongyeon completed reaching for the door, that was swung up while they passed quickly.

" Wait" Jihyo locked the door and turned to her again.

" Well, what are we going to eat?" Jihyo asked putting her hands on her pockets, the weather as pleasant so she breathed that some sort of fresh air. Jeongyeon looked around a little, soon it would be dinner time and she wondered about how much time passed with the two just talking and organizing stuff, or how Jihyo called, giving her own touch to the place.

They both being used to eat whatever, they skipped past restaurants and fancy places to find themselves buying snacks on a convenience store because Jihyo claimed she had the most brilliant idea and that Jeongyeon would love when she sees it. The older girl doubts a lot if she wouldn't love anything that Jihyo does. Until she started to tease Jihyo by pinching her and running away on a busy street, the other shouted because she almost tripped with their precious snacks and made everybody look at her, not liking so much the sudden attention, Jihyo tried her best to stay calm until reaching the other girl again, but the latter ran away once again making Jihyo glare at her and say how she is not funny out loud for everyone to hear.

" I am the funniest" Jeongyeon yelled back making a funny face where she stood waiting for Jihyo.

" No, you're just convinced of yourself" Jihyo said passing by her and smacking the girl's arm with her free hand.

" And you're just weird" Jeongyeon said frowning. It was the first time Jihyo saw the girl that way, being more spontaneous and playful than usual, maybe she is doing something right because she couldn't help but smile about how the other can make her feel so welcomed with her way of be.

" Walk faster, I am hungry" Jeongyeon said grabbing the bags from Jihyo's hand and walking faster in front of her. She realized it was a little stupid to go ahead because the other girl was with the key of the place.

" Haha" Jihyo said showing the keys playfully, the older tried to grab the keys with her free hand but Jihyo avoided her, receiving a glare. The latter opened the door with a victorious smile.

...

" What are you doing?" Jeongyeon asked when the other started to grab some pillows and chairs, walking to a place to another searching for things.

" You'll see" Jihyo rushed her out of her way.

" Tell me so I can help" Jeongyeon said grabbing the chair from Jihyo's hand.

" Just follow me"

It was kind of an uncomfortable walk up on a staircase with a bag in one hand and the other with a chair, but Jeongyeon didn't complain because the other girl had her hands also full, with some pillows and other chair.

" We're here" Jihyo said, putting her chair down and unlocking a door.

There was some kind of special glow on that rooftop that made Jihyo's eyes sparkle when Jeongyeon was unconsciously staring at her.

" Come on" Jihyo guided her, walking ahead and placing her chair down in the middle of the place. The night welcomed them. 

" I like being here, there is not much time that I discovered but I think it's nice" Jihyo said, a bit too low on the last part.

" It's nice" Jeongyeon said setting her chair down by the girl's side.

" Let's eaaaat" Jeongyeon demanded sitting on her chair before the other girl passed a pillow to her.

The way Jeongyeon quickly engaged into the food and snacks made Jihyo smile even eating and she deeply wondered why the older girl makes her smile so much, especially with the little things she does like the way her hand passed on her short hair to push aside her messy locks on her forehead or, the way she is suddenly loud and talking nonsense to her. Jeongyeon was so quietly engaged on her food that she didn't notice the longing stare that the other was giving into her direction, however Jihyo noticed her own action and blushed away her thoughts of being caught.

" I am full" Jihyo said after some minutes.

" Good, more for me" Jeongyeon said filling with whatever she found left.

' Savage ' Jihyo thought looking away and staring at the sky.

One more time, they were quiet, too quiet for Jihyo's liking, so she pretended to shake the other girl's chair, pushing her a little. Jeongyeon, that was almost finishing the food, narrowed her eyes to Jihyo while the latter smirked threating to do it again.

" You're mean" Jeongyeon said when she ended the food.

" And you're still not funny" Jihyo said taking that as a joke.

Pushing their mess together, Jeongyeon made her way to downstairs to throw everything in the trash, even after Jihyo insisted that it wasn't necessary and that she could do that. The older just wanted to help. When she got back, she saw Jihyo's head leaned to the side while her eyes were closed, she got closer without making any noise, wondering how Jihyo could still sleep on that cold rooftop in an uncomfortable position.

Looking like an angel was one of the many special skills of Park Jihyo and Jeongyeon was sure she had found the cutest thing the way the other girl pressed the pillow against her own hands seeking for some sort of warmth on her cold fingers. Without wanting to wake the peaceful beauty by her side, she sat on her chair softly, trying to not make any noise but failing miserably with her foot sliding a bit and making her drop with a thud on the chair.

" Sorry" Was the first thing she said when Jihyo widened her eyes to see the source of the sound.

" It's ok. Sorry " Jihyo said rubbing her tired eyes, she didn't even realize she fell asleep so quickly because the other girl didn't take that long to come back.

' She is tired ' Jeongyeon thought clasping her hands together because a sudden cold wind struck the air around them, she felt so cold in the tip of her fingers and seek for warmth rubbing them together.

" Are you cold? Come here" Jihyo said noticing and standing her own hands to the girl. Jeongyeon didn't understand at first but a tiny shock jolted on her when she felt Jihyo's soft hands involving her own to add warmth for both of them and, she wonders if the latter felt the same. She kept looking amused, with an obvious blush on her cheeks, to the way Jihyo locked their hands together again, with her eyes dozing and her head tilted aside looking focused.

" Better?" Jihyo asked breaking the silence between the pair. She was one person that often did that to her friends but she has to admit that Jeongyeon's hands made her heart race with the touch and proximity. She felt a bit stupid when the other girl didn't answer her so she looked up to her face. Jeongyeon stood expressionless just looking at Jihyo, she wasn't used to anyone taking care of her besides the weird way her friend Momo care about her safety. Jihyo gulped down and looked away suddenly noticing the stars that night.

" Look" Jihyo said shakily pointing up.

Jeongyeon quickly looked to the blooming stars above their heads, still not letting the girl's hands go away, she decided that it was the best to just grab one of her hands and tangle their fingers together. Nervous moments followed after, mostly because of that starry night making her remember that previous night, feeling a bit nostalgic. On the other side, Jihyo was trying to prevent her evident flustered cheeks for showing too much while she tried to calm herself.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon's brain, always the playful side, made her stood up suddenly to look down the edge of the roof, she still didn't let Jihyo's hand go so she dragged the girl along to look at strangers passing by minding their own business. Until Jeongyeon started to shout at people and made Jihyo smack her hard on the shoulder when they crouched down to hide, but she had to admit that the confused looks that people made were really funny so, she followed after the joke trying to suppress her own loud laughs.

After more rounds of that, they decided to sit back because their legs and throats were starting to get sore.

" I should just run away and let you here" Jihyo said still breathless of laughing.

" You wouldn't" Jeongyeon said challenging.

" Of course not, I promised remember?" Jihyo said closing that was agape open by her own statement. Well, she really did the atmosphere change and kind of regretted of it.

" Jihyo, can I ask you something?" Jeongyeon said suddenly embarrassed.

" Sure" And she can feel that is about the said promise.

" Did you mean it?" Jeongyeon said serious, that was a deeply serious matter to her because she only can see herself falling for the charms of the girl.

" Yes" Jihyo simply answers. She did mean it.

" Good" Jeongyeon breathed out lowly. The air was getting heavier by the minute and they thought it was because of the change of subject but, the following seconds were marked by a sudden gush of wind and a heavy and pouring rain out of nowhere that made them look surprised at each other, grab the things and sprint to inside of the building again. Hair a bit wet and sighing from the running, both busted into laughter seeing the others state.

" Raining again" Jihyo complained.

" Maybe it's our thing " Jeongyeon said. Jihyo started messing even more Jeongyeon's hair and the latter tried to take revenge right after.

" Yoo Jeongyeon, stop, I will look ugly" Jihyo said fixing her hair.

" No, you're still beautiful" Jeongyeon said by impulse and got nervous.

"... For a train" She completed with a laugh just remembering how Nayeon joke with Jihyo about that. Maybe her brain was finally helping her out from getting more embarrassed around the girl.

" Haha, you also don't look bad for an ostrich" Jihyo said already going downstairs. Jeongyeon's mouth fell open because she realized that the girl still remembers her awful ostrich dance at their karaoke night.

" Well, thank you" She said nonetheless.

" You're welcome" Jihyo said when they got all the way through the stairs.

...

" Sorry if it was a disappointment today" Jihyo said staring at the rain, they were already on the car after agreeing in heading to their respective homes.

" It was surprisingly fun" Jeongyeon said making Jihyo frown but she was really happy.

" It was fun to spend time with you too" Jihyo said seeing they were near her apartment.

" See you later, right?" Jeongyeon asked when she parked.

" Sure"

" Soon?" Jeongyeon asked looking straight at Jihyo's big eyes, they always spark graciously.

" Right" Jihyo said opening the door.... But she hesitated, the other girl raised an eyebrow looking at her but didn't move when Jihyo leaned closer and placed a quick peck on her cheek, she was that kind of person at least.

" Soon" She completed, departing to her apartment while Jeongyeon stood froze looking at her steering wheel. The moment she got back to Earth, she was sure she was going mad because her hand trailed to her cheek still feeling the other's lips on there, and that moment was when she questioned not only her sanity but her own knowing of feelings for Park Jihyo. It was the first time at least, but she would find herself more and more engulfed at the unreasonable burning sensation on her chest when she thinks about it.

***********************************

Momo looked upset, everyone noticed, she is a bit blunt, sometimes too happy so when things make her down, people just know. The reason was only for her. She still had to remind that it was her fault, all her fault. Sana didn't answer her twenty calls-only on the past few hours-and she didn't go to work either. It hurts more than anything, her whole life being lost like that, by a stupid mistake from her freaking drunk impulses.

' I can't lose her' Momo repeated to herself all day after realizing her mess up. But she can't face her either, even trying to call, she doesn't know what to say because she is trash and an angel like Sana doesn't need her.

Sana actually thinks the same, or she is trying to think. She tried and tried to tell her brain to let Momo go for her own safety. She sat on her couch to ease her thoughts by watching something but caught herself curled up and scratching her knees distracted, thinking how she can't never forgive Momo for what she did. But... Isn't the girl supposed to be her best friend? That boundary was crossed a long ago when Sana fell in love for Momo. Right, she fell in love and yes, she is still in love and that is why it hurts her every time she thinks about never getting closer to the other again. She is divided, it can't be understood really, it's a matter of the heart and it only gets more tangled. Her soul couldn't be more scattered, her heart more broken and maybe, just maybe she thinks that getting a simple rejection would be better than looking at the mirror and still seeing a tiny mark that Momo left near her neck.

' She will be fine with other girls, she always is' Sana told herself still trying to get up and eat something at least.

...

At her apartment, Jeongyeon pushed the door of Momo's room open just to see a crying girl snuggling a plushie and sobbing from time to time. She knew it, she was certain that Momo would be as broken as Sana. Resisting the urges to actually beat up the girl, she sat on the bed and offered her arms to Momo, the latter accepted not letting the plushie aside but hugging Jeongyeon nonetheless. What is so special about that specific plushie? Sana gave to her from her own house and it still smells a bit like the flowery perfume Sana wears.

" Hey, it's ok" Jeongyeon said patting Momo's head.

" No, I screwed up everything. She will never forgive me... She said she loves me and I told her to leave. I am stupid" Momo said still crying and smacking her own head but was stopped by Jeongyeon.

" Do you love her?"

Momo hesitated with that question but the answer haunted her everywhere, her gaze landed on the plushie still on her arms.

" So much"

Jeongyeon wanted to smile and screa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter